Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, Loot said:

May 11th! Tomorrow is the day.
Duodenal Switch. What is everybody having?

I don't have any friends or know anybody else who has had Bariatric surgery before.
I would love to connect and add a few people on here to connect with. I know a support group makes a big difference. Please add me and I will add you back if you see this. 🙂

Hi, my surgery is May 24th. Started my pre op diet today. Good luck for tomorrow!! Yes it is good to have support friends!

Hey everyone, been nearly 24 hours and I feel pretty good. Surgery went great. Spent the night in hdu because of my sleep apnoea. I think I'd have been here anyway as my blood pressure was 180. Settled now but still on high side so I'll monitorat home and see my gp to review. Could just be the whole experience right now raising it. I've been having IV fluids mostly and can have 50mls Fluid an hour. I'm doing a barium swallow shortly and if there's no leaks I can have full Clear Liquids. Going to bariatric ward in about 90 minutes too where I'll have my own room.

My pain is manageable, only discomfort at the higher incision sites. It was quite painful in recovery initially. I had nausea then too and felt like I needed to burp. Gas pain does hurt but I don't have much of it and when it comes it's only a few seconds only.

Going home tomorrow as long as I'm drinking around 1 litre.

Tomorrow is my big day and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I keep telling myself that it’s for my health. Having an autoimmune disease is already hard. I just want everything to go smoothly. I have a high pain tolerance. I’ve given birth to 5 kids all natural. As I have had surgery before. Just not sure how this going to feel.

8 hours ago, Miss Sunshine P said:

I had my surgery last week, no issues so far. A lot of my stomach had sucked into my hiatal hernia along with a lot of scar tissue. I feel 100 times better already.

@Miss Sunshine P Glad to hear you are doing so well. I can’t wait for one week when I can have scrambled eggs!

24 minutes ago, la.nena said:

Tomorrow is my big day and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I keep telling myself that it’s for my health. Having an autoimmune disease is already hard. I just want everything to go smoothly. I have a high pain tolerance. I’ve given birth to 5 kids all natural. As I have had surgery before. Just not sure how this going to feel.

You’ll do great @la.nena! Five kids and births, and it sounds like you are prioritizing your health. Like you, I have had autoimmune issues and I didn’t want diabetes to become the fourth. Envision how great you will feel and be after and why you are doing this. Good luck!

25 minutes ago, la.nena said:

Hi, good luck tomorrow! I have 2 weeks to go and I am pretty sure giving birth is much more painful, been there all of mine were natural as well. I am excited for you and hoe you have an easy recovery!

3 hours ago, Elizabeth MW said:

Tomorrow (May 11) is finally the day!!! Excited and nervous.

Good luck!!! That is exciting! Let us know how it went!

1 hour ago, travelgal said:

@Miss Sunshine P Glad to hear you are doing so well. I can’t wait for one week when I can have scrambled eggs!

Those eyes were the best eggs I ever had. Today was that day for me

How is everyone sleeping? I have a 3&1 year old that comes in, in the middle of the night sometimes & i am terrified for them to crawl on me. Anyone try sleeping in a recliner the first few nights? Getting in and out of bed a real issue? Congrats on everyone’s journeys & good luck those coming up!!!

8 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

How is everyone sleeping? I have a 3&1 year old that comes in, in the middle of the night sometimes & i am terrified for them to crawl on me. Anyone try sleeping in a recliner the first few nights? Getting in and out of bed a real issue? Congrats on everyone’s journeys & good luck those coming up!!!

I got a wedge pillow for the bed because I knew I'd be more comfortable in my room. I only needed it a few nights and graduated to a body pillow I could stuff under my stomach and knees. I'm a week and half out and sleeping normally, for the most part. Getting in and out of bed hasn't been overly hard for me once I got home. I understand the kiddos though. Maybe a pillow over the stomach for a bit. I really don't like sleeping in the recliner because it kills my hips.

Had my surgery yesterday! Everything went great! First day a bit miserable with the gas pain but walk walk walk! It truly helps. Drank all my Water, just eating Jello. Today already is much better. Worst part is the uncomfortable hospital bed lol

May 15th, so super nervous.

Hey Ya'll I'm new to this forum. My surgery is scheduled for May 17th in Cleveland Clinic.