Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am excited and nervous

Y'all, I'm so sad all the time. Pain, phantom hunger, family members that don't understand. My husband, bless him, is trying, but I feel like he is forcing me to drink all day. I tell him that a sip of Water feels like I drank a whole gallon. It's uncomfortable for me. I'm making my goals, or at least close to it. It's so frustrating. I keep telling myself it's temporary. That things will get better. That it will be worth it. But right now, it just sucks.

6 hours ago, LindsayT said:

Y'all, I'm so sad all the time. Pain, phantom hunger, family members that don't understand. My husband, bless him, is trying, but I feel like he is forcing me to drink all day. I tell him that a sip of Water feels like I drank a whole gallon. It's uncomfortable for me. I'm making my goals, or at least close to it. It's so frustrating. I keep telling myself it's temporary. That things will get better. That it will be worth it. But right now, it just sucks.

I have found that having a variety of protei.n flavors helps with the phantom hunger, though you may have to dilute the protei.n powde.rs a bit more.
As for your husband, he should know that you don't have to make your goals at the very beginning. It takes time to get there. Listen to your body. Not to some arbitrary values.

Edited by K Jen

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, skeefe

4 May - Laryssa, ajrp001, Judoway

5 May - Sheri

9 May - travelgal, Ana83, flasandollar, theProcess, SNEESE

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2

11 May - ElizabethMW, Rhys, la.nena, rosemaryandcedar

12 May - Kimmie77#thinagain, LisaRT. mar19661

15 May - Gabbie-1

16 May - turkaffe

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy, SleevedGyal601

18 May - Caitotornado

20 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

22 May - AmandaD

24 May - Shemleylodge, Cindyptaylor

25 May - uniVee, Svet

29 May - DreaM209

On 05/06/2023 at 22:16, LindsayT said:

I’m having the same issues. Except it’s my mom not a husband lol. I know they mean well but idk how to get the point across to them that I literally cannot drink much. I’m also having the phantom hunger, I just want to start the soft/puréed foods already. I’m sick of the liquids. Pain is still prevalent and I can’t even wipe myself! Very frustrating. I’m just glad to know I’m not alone in this struggle because I have been feeling very hard on myself since I’m having such bad pains and I’m trying not to compare myself to others on this journey. I have to be honest I’ve had the intrusive thoughts of “what have I done to myself!?” “Is this worth it!?” 😔

I’m having the same issues. Except it’s my mom not a husband lol. I know they mean well but idk how to get the point across to them that I literally cannot drink much. I’m also having the phantom hunger, I just want to start the soft/puréed foods already. I’m sick of the liquids. Pain is still prevalent and I can’t even wipe myself! Very frustrating. I’m just glad to know I’m not alone in this struggle because I have been feeling very hard on myself since I’m having such bad pains and I’m trying not to compare myself to others on this journey. I have to be honest I’ve had the intrusive thoughts of “what have I done to myself!?” “Is this worth it!?”
I'm so ready for this stage to be over. On the upside, I've lost 22 lbs since the start of the pre-op diet. So, roughly 3 weeks.

My surgery is May 10 2023

On 05/07/2023 at 12:20, LindsayT said:

I'm so ready for this stage to be over. On the upside, I've lost 22 lbs since the start of the pre-op diet. So, roughly 3 weeks.

Same here! Yes, this stage is dragging.

Recovery is going well for me from my surgery on the 2nd.
Not in too much pain anymore and moving around better!
Pretty much meeting my Protein goal daily by adding unflavored Protein Powder to my Water, broth, pudding, etc. Sipping all throughout the day and staying hydrated! I’m excited to be 37 pounds down from my heaviest weight as of this morning! I can’t stress how important it is to walk walk walk. Does not have to be fast! But get yourself moving!! It helps with the pain and soreness and keeps blood clots away!! Of course, don’t overdo it! But every step helps!!!

16 hours ago, LindsayT said:

1 minute ago, k.e.white said:

Pretty much meeting my Protein goal daily by adding unflavored Protein Powder to my Water, broth, pudding, etc. Sipping all throughout the day and staying hydrated! I’m excited to be 37 pounds down from my heaviest weight as of this morning! I can’t stress how important it is to walk walk walk. Does not have to be fast! But get yourself moving!! It helps with the pain and soreness and keeps blood clots away!! Of course, don’t overdo it! But every step helps!!!

How many weeks are you post op? Sometimes we need to stick up for ourselves. You just hang in there and remind yourself that you’re worth it!!?

5 minutes ago, k.e.white said:

That is so exciting! Keep up the good work!!

20 minutes ago, Cindyptaylor said:

How many weeks are you post op? Sometimes we need to stick up for ourselves. You just hang in there and remind yourself that you’re worth it!!?

I'm one week... may 1

Welcome aboard baribabe89. We share surgery date.

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, skeefe

4 May - Laryssa, ajrp001, Judoway

5 May - Sheri

9 May - travelgal, Ana83, flasandollar, theProcess, SNEESE

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2, baribabe89

11 May - ElizabethMW, Rhys, la.nena, rosemaryandcedar

12 May - Kimmie77#thinagain, LisaRT. mar19661

15 May - Gabbie-1

16 May - turkaffe

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy, SleevedGyal601

18 May - Caitotornado

20 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

22 May - AmandaD

24 May - Shemleylodge, Cindyptaylor

25 May - uniVee, Svet

29 May - DreaM209

LittleRouxenyhood and Lindsay, I'm sorry recovery continues to be rough on you both. Big hugs.

I wonder if bypass recovery is tougher as the sleevers checking in seem to be having easier recoveries. Then again everyone recovers differently.

Two days left for me, definitely starting to feel the nerves.

@CarolineLittle Thank you for being a cheerleader and organizer for us May-surgery pals! I have one more day to go. Good luck to you in two days! I go in for a weigh in tomorrow and I think I’ll be down 13 pounds of the expected 20 (7%) however that puts me at almost 50 down since November - and I think it will be a good place. I can’t believe I’ve lost 13 in 13 days. Good luck to my May 9 buddies - @Ana83 @flasandollar @theProcess and @SNEESE