Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, Vacs77 said:

Hello everyone!

I will be starting my pre-op diet next week and since getting my surgery date I feel like I can't stop eating. Did anyone else go through this or is going through this now? I have already cut the sodas and my beloved Starbucks, but I feel like I am compensating with eating more.

Oh, man! YES! I gained 15lbs from the time I started this process until my preop diet... 3.5 months. I couldn't get enough food. Something in me snapped. I'm now a week into my pre-op diet and those thoughts and feeling have settled down a lot. I still miss food sometimes, but not at the levels it was at. I am getting tired of shakes though and that's causing other issues, but I'm working through it. Best advice. A solid support system; on here and around you at home. I've talked to several friends I know personally, who have had bariatric surgery, and it helps a lot. My husband is my biggest supporter. I don't think I could do with with out him or my faith. Good luck to you. You got this.

7 hours ago, Vacs77 said:

Hello everyone!

I will be starting my pre-op diet next week and since getting my surgery date I feel like I can't stop eating. Did anyone else go through this or is going through this now? I have already cut the sodas and my beloved Starbucks, but I feel like I am compensating with eating more.

I think it's normal! I made sure to eat most of my faves that last week!

6 hours ago, travelgal said:

I started the pre-op diet on Friday and it's going better than I expected. My doctor requires three Protein Shakes and one from a selection of meals, like 3oz chicken and one cup of veggies, Bistro salad, or Healthy Choice Cafe steamers meal, for example. 800 calories total per day. At my weight, I am expected to lose 20 pounds in two weeks. Fingers crossed!

That's a great plan. It's crazy how much they can differ. I have also been surprised how well it's going for me. I'm on Day 15 of 28 now. I'm not missing anything, but I am sick of some of the VLCD products we have 3 times a day. I've ordered 3 boxes of my fave Soups to get me through. I usually have a bar and 2 soups a day plus my allowed veg.

I'm starting to think ahead to the first 2 weeks post op too. I might make my own broth soon and freeze it. Surgery is exactly 2 weeks away for me now. 😊

I'm so excited for us all. 🥰

On 04/25/2023 at 10:28, Vacs77 said:

Hello everyone!

I absolutely went through this! I am currently on my 2-week pre-op liquid diet. The anticipation/nervousness is what made me want to eat and eat, then finally the night before my pre-op diet I went to Texas Roadhouse with my family and had a great meal lol. I felt oddly “at peace” after that meal and with going into the liquid diet and buckled down to start. It’s been going better than expected—obviously I have a bad moment here and there but I make sure to track everything (I like on paper best or vlogging). Tracking helps me keep myself accountable. I also know my “triggers” and do what I can to avoid them especially on this diet. I know for me, personally, I was more scared of failing, or not being able to do it. But like the others have said, having a great support system helps a lot. Knowing you’re not alone on this journey is super important. Just keep telling yourself that the liquid diet is for a medical reason for your safety during the surgery and that if you can get through this, you can get through anything.

You got this!!!

Welcome Su Zy! Best of luck with that approval.

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, la.nena, skeefe

4 May - Laryssa

5 May - Sheri

9 May - travelgal, Ana83

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2

11 May - ElizabethMW

16 May - turkaffe

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy

22 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

24 May - Shemleylodge

All the talk of support systems is spot on. I hope you all have them. I am in a lot of groups on FB. My husband has been an amazing support, he's been to every appointment with me. I have 2 daughters, 17 and 18, who are great too. My youngest doesn't talk about it much, my 18yo does. She's just worried something will go wrong during surgery. She's a stresshead in general so I just reassure her it will be fine. She's watching what she eats atm too and is losing weight at the same rate as me. She's got a bit to lose and is doing amazing so far.

I'm so excited for those of you having surgery NEXT WEEK!

5 hours ago, CarolineLittle said:

All the talk of support systems is spot on. I hope you all have them. I am in a lot of groups on FB. My husband has been an amazing support, he's been to every appointment with me. I have 2 daughters, 17 and 18, who are great too. My youngest doesn't talk about it much, my 18yo does. She's just worried something will go wrong during surgery. She's a stresshead in general so I just reassure her it will be fine. She's watching what she eats atm too and is losing weight at the same rate as me. She's got a bit to lose and is doing amazing so far.

I'm so excited for those of you having surgery NEXT WEEK!

That's awesome your daughter is following your lead.

Surgery is 5 days away! 😳 I'm so excited and nervous. I'm so ready for the next chapter of this journey.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, WVJess2Less said:

Just got my surgery date for May 12th....anyone else having theirs that day?

Congratulations! I’m May 11th.

I'm new here. My surgery day is May 25th and I start pre-op diet May 11th....I'm ready to get into it; though I'm scared.

Welcome Rhys and uniVee!

Welcome Su Zy! Best of luck with that approval.

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, la.nena, skeefe

4 May - Laryssa

5 May - Sheri

9 May - travelgal, Ana83

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2

11 May - ElizabethMW, Rhys

16 May - turkaffe

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy

22 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

24 May - Shemleylodge

25 May - uniVee

4 hours ago, Srxpadillaa said:

@Vacs77 found my surgery twin

Have you started the pre op diet yet? I start on Monday.

On 04/28/2023 at 12:40, LindsayT said:

Surgery is Monday, y'all. It's getting so close.@SleeveMeAlone23 you ready, friend?

Sending good vibes your way—you’ll do great!