Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 4/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, Jason Jacobson said:

Got my surgery date of May 10th! Excited and nervous!

How are you feeling? I had mine on the 12th. Spent two days in the hospital.

On 4/5/2023 at 3:32 PM, turkaffe said:

Hi! I just got my surgery date today. It's May 16, very close to yours! I'm a little overwhelmed and waiting for the excitement to kick in :)

Mine will be tomorrow also. Happy happy. Good luck and all.

On 5/13/2023 at 2:11 AM, CarolineLittle said:

Updating list, if you're name is missing let me know.

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, skeefe, Miss Sunshine P

4 May - Laryssa, ajrp001, Judoway

5 May - Sheri, slares2005

9 May - travelgal, Ana83, flasandollar, theProcess, SNEESE, rolawre

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2, baribabe89

11 May - ElizabethMW, Rhys, la.nena, rosemaryandcedar, Loot

12 May - Kimmie77#thinagain, LisaRT. mar19661

15 May - Gabbie-1, gerada70, irreverentgamer, destructapie

16 May - turkaffe, mmrondot, Gramachristy

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy, SleevedGyal601, dIsLosingIt

18 May - Caitotornado

19 May - Kiki28

20 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

22 May - AmandaD, Daniel F

24 May - Shemleylodge, Cindyptaylor

25 May - uniVee, Svet

29 May - DreaM209

30 May - LuluGirl70

31 May - Y. Hightower

What's the list for? Just curious

1 minute ago, Gramachristy said:

I'm slowly getting it. Lol

It's everyone's surgery date.

All I know is I'm here at home feeling like I need to organize, situate things, wash my dog,myself again....ok I'm totally having a manic monday....lol

2 minutes ago, Gramachristy said:

All I know is I'm here at home feeling like I need to organize, situate things, wash my dog,myself again....ok I'm totally having a manic monday....lol

Do what you need to do before surgery

38 minutes ago, mar19661 said:

How are you feeling? I had mine on the 12th. Spent two days in the hospital.

I’m feeling really good. Haven’t had to take any pain meds since leaving the hospital. I was in the hospital two days as well. Worst part for me is the liquids. I can get them all down, it’s just that I want some food lol. This weekend was tough with my family cooking a BBQ and I had to stick to my broth lol. Hope you’re doing good as well!

3 hours ago, smatejka66m said:

I am having a gastric bypass on May 20th. I am on my 3rd day of liquids and it is really tough

I was there last week. I almost cried. Find a tv show, take a walk, eat a popsicle..it will pass.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to share something my friend told me about and my dr approved was fine. Arnica tea and Arnica pain melt away pellets are great for after surgery. It’s amazing. The tea is so good and really help relax me. Check it out guys. It helps with bruising too. 😊

I just had my surgery on May 5! Just hit 10 days post op! Now aside from being really hungry, I have absolutely no side effects (no nausea, no heartburn, no reflux, no aches/pains). I am just really tired from not consuming a lot of calories.

I did however had a rough start since my doctor didn't send me home with any pain management, so I ended up going to the ER the first night because I was in SO much pain (I think air bubbles were the most painful part). So I would recommend you have a better post op care plan in place from your doctor than I did, even if its just for at night when you want to sleep.

6 minutes ago, zb4416 said:

I just had my surgery on May 5! Just hit 10 days post op! Now aside from being really hungry, I have absolutely no side effects (no nausea, no heartburn, no reflux, no aches/pains). I am just really tired from not consuming a lot of calories.

I did however had a rough start since my doctor didn't send me home with any pain management, so I ended up going to the ER the first night because I was in SO much pain (I think air bubbles were the most painful part). So I would recommend you have a better post op care plan in place from your doctor than I did, even if its just for at night when you want to sleep.

sleeve or bypass?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches