Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

3 minutes ago, Shayam30 said:

I’m apologize I meant to say pre op instead of post op.

I knew what you meant. I was just referring to my post op liquid diet because that’s the only liquid only diet I had. Pre op I was allowed SOME food. But my hunger hormones are back now and that Protein Shake still keeps me full for a good 4-5 hours till lunch every day. My husband takes them to work now to have on days where he doesn’t have time to eat lunch or if he is working outside and it’s too hot to eat.

On 09/09/2022 at 07:36, Shayam30 said:

Hello everyone I am new on here. I have my surgery September 20th. I’m not so much nervous anymore after reading some of the positive posts on here. I’m really struggling with the 2 weeks post opp and having to mainly drink only Protein Shakes majority of the week. Can anyone give me some advice please the day’s that I only can drink Protein shakes I still be hungry. What else can I try any advice please?

What kind of shakes are you drinking. I am having to do the Bariatric Meal Replacement shakes. They are expensive but keep you full longer!

4 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

What kind of shakes are you drinking. I am having to do the Bariatric Meal Replacement shakes. They are expensive but keep you full longer!

I like the premiere Protein caffe latte but it has caffeine (not sure if your plan allows that or not). I have never tried the meal replacement ones but if they say they keep you full longer I would definitely stick with those. When you are allowed caffeine though if you like coffee drinks such as iced coffee, try the caffe latte. It’s yummy. Even my never been obese aunt that can have anything is hooked on them. I got her to try them instead of her iced coffee and she loves them.

34 minutes ago, Shayam30 said:

Hello everyone I am new on here. I have my surgery September 20th. I’m not so much nervous anymore after reading some of the positive posts on here. I’m really struggling with the 2 weeks post opp and having to mainly drink only Protein Shakes majority of the week. Can anyone give me some advice please the day’s that I only can drink Protein shakes I still be hungry. What else can I try any advice please?

It all depends what's allowed on your plan. I started mine Tuesday. In addition to 3-4 Protein Drinks a day, I'm allowed as much clear liquid as I want. That includes broth, as well as SF Jello and popsicles. The variety really helps, because psychologically I feel like I'm eating something when I have any of those latter things. I'm also allowed one pickle or cucumber a day and you can bet I'm having that too.

I'm really not finding it that hard yet. I just try to keep myself busy, because one of my biggest eating problems has been mindless snacking out of boredom, or as a stress reliever.

42 minutes ago, Shayam30 said:

Hey there.

mine is sept 20 too. My doctor only gave me a 1 week pre op and he said to have a broth based Soup and an egg. I started it two weeks out anyway because I wanted to get my body used to the diet since it’s similar post opp. It is definitely a struggle but it gets better. I have less headaches now than I did Monday, and I find myself less irritable. Wednesday was really bad I was so so hangry.

I would encourage you to check with your doc or nutritionist to see if anything else can be added like a Greek yogurt or Jello. Or even the soup broth.

good luck. We’ve got this!

27 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

I’m currently doing the Premier Protein shakes caffe latte’, strawberry and cream and chocolate Peanut Butter.

22 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I like the premiere Protein caffe latte but it has caffeine (not sure if your plan allows that or not). I have never tried the Meal Replacement ones but if they say they keep you full longer I would definitely stick with those. When you are allowed caffeine though if you like coffee drinks such as iced coffee, try the caffe latte. It’s yummy. Even my never been obese aunt that can have anything is hooked on them. I got her to try them instead of her iced coffee and she loves them.

I am currently drinking that flavor along with strawberry and cream and chocolate Peanut Butter.

On 09/09/2022 at 08:29, Shayam30 said:

I’m currently doing the Premier Protein shakes caffe latte’, strawberry and cream and chocolate Peanut Butter.

If you are staying hungry I would definitely suggest trying an actual meal replacement shake like the Bariatric Advantage. I am only allowed 3 of those per day and Clear Liquids. Monday is surgery day and I have not cried or died yet so it is definitely something to look into.

31 minutes ago, Rebecca2525 said:

Hi! I’m new just had my bypass on the 6th of September.

Welcome! I got sleeved the same day!

28 minutes ago, Wanda Northern said:

How are you doing thus far?

Much better than the past couple of days! Eating/drinking is still a bit of a struggle. I'm doing the small sip thing and somehow still inhaling enough air to burp after every swallow.

How about you?

I begin my liver shrink diet on Monday September 12 and remain on it until my surgery date of Monday September 26th. I’m a little nervous but ready. This liver shrink diet is going to prepare me and it’s going to be a big challenge but surely if I can’t do this, I’m definitely not ready for surgery

On 09/10/2022 at 08:30, Wanda Northern said:

I begin my liver shrink diet on Monday September 12 and remain on it until my surgery date of Monday September 26th. I’m a little nervous but ready. This liver shrink diet is going to prepare me and it’s going to be a big challenge but surely if I can’t do this, I’m definitely not ready for surgery

You got this girl. I thought mine was going to be awful but I am in the home stretch now! Last day of meal replacement shakes, clear liquid tomorrow and surgery Monday!!!