Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

On 09/11/2022 at 07:31, Eleanx said:

Tomorrow is mine too! 5:30am

Tomorrow at 5:30 as well!!! I have not cheated a single time on the pre op diet of 3 shakes and clear liquid since 8/31 and have lost 23 pounds…

Good luck to everyone who has surgery tomorrow!! You all are going to do great! Remember to sip, sip, sip your water! My surgery was two weeks ago and I’m only down 10 lbs so far but it’s a marathon; not a race. I had a revision from VSG to RNY. No acid reflux! Hurray!!!😁🎉

Good luck!! So excited and kinda anxious at the same time

What do we need to take to hospital.. pjs or just comfortable clothes to go home in?

On 09/11/2022 at 09:04, saida76 said:

What do we need to take to hospital.. pjs or just comfortable clothes to go home in?

Are you staying the night or being discharged? I am being discharged so comfy pjs for me and a blanket and pillow for the ride home

21 minutes ago, saida76 said:

I brought pajama pants to slip on under my gown since the back is open on the hospital gown. I figured with all the tubes and wires it would be too difficult to change my top. And I wore the same thing home from the hospital that I wore there. You will be wearing it for probably less than an hour unless you have a long drive. I just brought fresh undergarments and the pajama pants. I also brought a sports bra because I hate being in public without a bra but couldn’t figure out how to put it on with the wires and stuff. Even the one that totally unzips in the front by shefit. I’m sure they would’ve unhooked me and I could have gotten it on but I didn’t want to bother them just for that.

25 minutes ago, saida76 said:

If outpatient, very little:

• driver's license
  • insurance card
  • List of medications
  • CPAP if you use one

If you will be staying at least one day, add in:

• Some basic toiletries
  • Cell phone and charger
  • Robe (optional, but it's better than having to wear those silly hospital gowns to cover your backside)
  • Maybe a book or tablet if you wish, though some people never use theirs
  • I also like to have ear plugs, because hospitals are noisy!
  • I never pack extra clothes, I just re-wear what I wore when I arrived.

Have your driver bring (leave in car):

• sunglasses
  • a pillow to hug
  • maybe a blanket, but depends on how hot it is where you are.

I'm staying one night.
i definitely don't want my behind exposed lol so I'll bring bottom pjs. Ill also go home in what i arrived in. Just need to remember to pack toothbrush, book, charger, and maybe AirPods. Thank you all for the advice!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly and a fast recovery. Update when you can and can't wait to hear about your successes.

On a side note, those of you who can drink Premier Protein shakes and who love pumpkin spice, they have it as a limited flavor in Amazon. The smallest batch I could find was a 12 pack but I took the risk and bought it and I'm happy I did. Its soo yummy! I do like sweet things though and anything pumpkin spice though.

2 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

If outpatient, very little:

• driver's license
  • insurance card
  • List of medications
  • CPAP if you use one

If you will be staying at least one day, add in:

• Some basic toiletries
  • Cell phone and charger
  • Robe (optional, but it's better than having to wear those silly hospital gowns to cover your backside)
  • Maybe a book or tablet if you wish, though some people never use theirs
  • I also like to have ear plugs, because hospitals are noisy!
  • I never pack extra clothes, I just re-wear what I wore when I arrived.

Have your driver bring (leave in car):

• sunglasses
  • a pillow to hug
  • maybe a blanket, but depends on how hot it is where you are.

Fantastic. Thank you! Especially on the something to cover your backside advice!

My last photo before I officially start pre-op diet on the 15th. I'll take a day of photo surgery day on the 29th!Snapchat-891533690.jpg

For those who have already had their surgery, have you guys met your daily Water and Protein goals? It seems so hard for me and I’m on top of it. It seems impossible

11 minutes ago, Angela_85 said:

For those who have already had their surgery, have you guys met your daily Water and Protein goals? It seems so hard for me and I’m on top of it. It seems impossible

I’m day 3 post-op and I’m barely making the liquid goals 1 oz at a time. I have a checklist and I literally tick them off each time. Day 1 I slept a lot. Day 2 was a lot of pain. Today is a little soreness and trying to get cream Soup or some Protein Shake down is pretty tough. I was surprised at how little I can drink….no kidding but it is TINY SIPS out of a 1oz plastic cup otherwise the esophagus and stomach spasm like the dickens. I plan to start adding Protein supplements to my Soups starting tomorrow.

I’m day 3 post-op and I’m barely making the liquid goals 1 oz at a time. I have a checklist and I literally tick them off each time. Day 1 I slept a lot. Day 2 was a lot of pain. Today is a little soreness and trying to get cream Soup or some Protein Shake down is pretty tough. I was surprised at how little I can drink….no kidding but it is TINY SIPS out of a 1oz plastic cup otherwise the esophagus and stomach spasm like the dickens. I plan to start adding Protein supplements to my Soups starting tomorrow.
How tiny are your sips? And how long do you have to wait in between sips? I got a 1.5 oz shot glass to drink out of after surgery but I'm so used to gulping idk what a sip is. Lol