Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

2 hours ago, Wanda Northern said:

I begin my liver shrink diet on Monday September 12 and remain on it until my surgery date of Monday September 26th. I’m a little nervous but ready. This liver shrink diet is going to prepare me and it’s going to be a big challenge but surely if I can’t do this, I’m definitely not ready for surgery

You’ve got this! I’m on my last day of it tomorrow I prep for surgery on Monday. I thought I would never be able to do this…but I have and you will too. It the first step to the new journey we are facing together.

17 hours ago, loli_lotus said:

Much better than the past couple of days! Eating/drinking is still a bit of a struggle. I'm doing the small sip thing and somehow still inhaling enough air to burp after every swallow.

How about you?

One day at time …glad to hear your feel a little better.

if I may recommend what my doctor recommended drinking 2oz. Of Protein Shake ever hour on the hour and then every 15 minutes within the hour drink 2 oz of acceptable liquid, for3 weeks.

3 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

You got this girl. I thought mine was going to be awful but I am in the home stretch now! Last day of Meal Replacement shakes, clear liquid tomorrow and surgery Monday!!!

Can't believe its almost time! Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery!

1 hour ago, Giovanna628 said:

One day at time …glad to hear your feel a little better.

if I may recommend what my doctor recommended drinking 2oz. Of Protein Shake ever hour on the hour and then every 15 minutes within the hour drink 2 oz of acceptable liquid, for3 weeks.

I'll have to remember to try that, thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I am on day 6 of liver shrinkage, I am having my gastric bypass on 19 Sept.

Surprisingly, I feel good, even though I don't like milk!

Some buddies will reach out and we can share experiences.

Kind Regards

Andy

Well, i had weakened moment, and paid for it , so Thursday 1 week onto my pre op diet of 2 Protein Shakes and a meal with at least 3 oz of protien, i was so hungry my job had subs and wraps, and of course i had a turkey wheat wrap, that was not a good idea i was serverly constipated, and excuse my language, was in labor 2 hrs, and finally had a 4lb poop baby that was the worst feeling in the world. I was so weak after and disoriented, tuesday was my final visit before my surgery on the 15th, i weighed 234.7 after the birth i went down to 230.3. But im now worried because ive been reading about what happens if you cheat will on your pre op diet, uuugh does anyone have advice or been through a weak moment. Ive talked to a couple of people who have had the bypass and said they did the pre op diet 3 days before surgery and was fine. But on a positive side i haven't cheated since and my hunger cravings have gone e away. But im still 😟 concerned

Hello, I'm sept 12 as well... gastric bypass

What does everyone's preop diet consist of? I noticed some people have full liquid diets while others are allowed to eat low carb. I'm just curious because I've been trying to follow mine and idk if it's cause I know i don't have to officially start until the 15th or if I'm just that weak and hungry but I've cheated like every other day this week. Im hoping once I know I HAVE to do it, it'll be easier. So what are you allowed on the preop diet?

59 minutes ago, Yearofme43 said:

Well, i had weakened moment, and paid for it , so Thursday 1 week onto my pre op diet of 2 Protein Shakes and a meal with at least 3 oz of protien, i was so hungry my job had subs and wraps,

Do you have an enlarged liver? Or is this just your programs standard pre-op plan? If it's just the standard plan, I wouldn't worry too much this time, just try not to cheat again, especially closer you get to the surgery. While I was encouraged to lose weight before surgery (sleeve), I only had to do a one day clear liquid diet and 2oz of milk of magnesia the day before. I was still, ugh, passing Water right up to putting on the hospital gown.

I'm a worrier, and was mildly worried about my liver suddenly becoming enlarged even though I only have very very minimal liver problems (some stuff shows up on my blood work but it's not enough for my PCP to worry). If you do have an enlarged liver, I still wouldn't get too worked up this time, just be more careful.

1 hour ago, Yearofme43 said:

Well, i had weakened moment, and paid for it , so Thursday 1 week onto my pre op diet of 2 Protein Shakes and a meal with at least 3 oz of protien, i was so hungry my job had subs and wraps, and of course i had a turkey wheat wrap, that was not a good idea i was serverly constipated, and excuse my language, was in labor 2 hrs, and finally had a 4lb poop baby that was the worst feeling in the world. I was so weak after and disoriented, tuesday was my final visit before my surgery on the 15th, i weighed 234.7 after the birth i went down to 230.3. But im now worried because ive been reading about what happens if you cheat will on your pre op diet, uuugh does anyone have advice or been through a weak moment. Ive talked to a couple of people who have had the bypass and said they did the pre op diet 3 days before surgery and was fine. But on a positive side i haven't cheated since and my hunger cravings have gone e away. But im still 😟 concerned

I am a year and a half out and have been on these boards since just before surgery. I have heard of quite a few people that cheated on their preop and only a couple that they closed them back up and didn’t do the surgery. That being said, the smaller your liver is the easier the surgery is for the doctor to perform so that means it’s safer and I believe less painful if you can shrink it down as expected. I wouldn’t beat yourself up about it or worry too much, but don’t do it again. And DO NOT do it post op because you can really hurt yourself if you do it then.

I'm sept 12 and i live in nyc

On 09/10/2022 at 16:54, saida76 said:

I'm sept 12 and i live in nyc

Welcome! Are you excited? I am the 12th as well!

How do we reply to a message?