Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

On 09/10/2022 at 18:00, saida76 said:

How do we reply to a message?

I just tap the message and the option to quote comes up but I use a cell phone.

On 07/30/2022 at 12:17, jcluvlc1020 said:

I’m scheduled for the 12th of September as well! New on this site.

Where are you located?

15 minutes ago, saida76 said:

How do we reply to a message?

Under the message you click on the button that says “quote” then type your messsge and click submit.

On 09/10/2022 at 18:15, saida76 said:

Where are you located?

Alabama

3 hours ago, saida76 said:

Hello, I'm sept 12 as well... gastric bypass

Me too! Gastric Sleeve!

Also what kind of before pictures are yall taking?? I have one of me in a bra and shorts and one of my face but that's it
Idk if I should do something more?

7 hours ago, Woodstock169678 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am on day 6 of liver shrinkage, I am having my gastric bypass on 19 Sept.

Surprisingly, I feel good, even though I don't like milk!

Some buddies will reach out and we can share experiences.

Kind Regards

Andy

I am also having the bypass on the 19th. There are quite a few who posted that they were having it on the 19th too so we'll have lots of company. The 12th is I think the winner for the most people though. Getting close! I have a split liver shrinking diet where the 1st week I could have 1 small meal and then 2 meals replaced with shakes. So tomorrow will be my last small meal and then its liquids only until at least a week after surgery for me. This 1st week has not been bad at all, so fingers crossed next week will go as smoothly.

1 hour ago, kellyarw95 said:

Also what kind of before pictures are yall taking?? I have one of me in a bra and shorts and one of my face but that's it

I didn’t do this but wish I had done one I could share here on an anniversary or after a certain number of pounds lost. Possibly in swimsuit or exercise clothes. Just Something you can mimic for before and after.

On 09/10/2022 at 18:48, kellyarw95 said:

I have one in shorts and a swimsuit top from front and side with arms out

1 hour ago, kellyarw95 said:

I did leggings and a tight t-shirt and I'm planning on doing monthly photos with that same outfit. I didn't do my face, I should do that.

24 minutes ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I did leggings and a tight t-shirt and I'm planning on doing monthly photos with that same outfit. I didn't do my face, I should do that.

Ohhh I love this idea!! I'm gonna do the same!! Thank you!!

4 hours ago, kellyarw95 said:

I have taken several before photos. Some of the good ideas here, in leggings and tight t-shirt. I also have some of me in underwear only, front - side - back views. I also have taken a few face shots from front and sides.

Also took photos of my hands, with ring on for scale. Also some shot of my legs out in front of me to get legs and feet. I know my hands got bigger because I have a few rings I haven't been able to wear in several years. Looking forward to once more wearing my grandmother's giant turquoise ring from 1930's!

Y'all, we are about to have head to toe changes and I want to Celebrate ALL of that before and after goodness!! Take photos of all angles, diff outfits, no outfits, document everything for those days that will surely come where our heads don't realize how far we've come.

I'm still trying to navigate this page but I'll get used to it so my surgery is September 12 gastric bypass in New York City.

Mine is tomorrow too. I’m in Manchester, UK and my surgery is at 8am so I might be one of the first tomorrow to have surgery. How has everyone done on their pre op diets? I’ve been able to have food and have stuck to the plan but haven’t lost as much as I was expecting, not sure if my body is just in shock!! Hope everyone is doing well :)