Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

I haven’t told work anything yet. I plan to take a couple of days off but start working from home as soon as possible. I know that it will be tough to not really take time off but there really isn’t a good time of year to take off (I don’t want to wait until next summer).

I haven’t told work anything yet. I plan to take a couple of days off but start working from home as soon as possible. I know that it will be tough to not really take time off but there really isn’t a good time of year to take off (I don’t want to wait until next summer).
I don't blame you. I was hoping to of had the surgery by now. Work is unfortunately a little hectic at the beginning of August for us but I took a week and a half off after. I didn't say anything to my boss about why just taking vacation time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

Anyone planning on Bone Broth for post op? Ive had a few options in my Amazon cart. 10g Protein per packet.

Of course i can make my own but i’d like some grab and go things too!
I've been trying some beef bone broths and I don't really love any of them. I do like a lot of the chicken broth options. If you find a good beef Bone Broth please share!

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Guys, have any of you already purchase bariatric specific Vitamins? Right now I'm taking Centrum women's 1 a day and a different brand D3 and B12. I have deficiencies in both. But my doctor said no to the Centrum...I like gummies because I have a hard time swallowing the larger pills. Any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, karakent said:

Guys, have any of you already purchase bariatric specific Vitamins? Right now I'm taking Centrum women's 1 a day and a different brand D3 and B12. I have deficiencies in both. But my doctor said no to the Centrum...I like gummies because I have a hard time swallowing the larger pills. Any suggestions?

I have, and this is what was recommended to me by my team. Also, I should note that we were highly encouraged not to use "vitamin gummies, Patches, doTerra supplements, extended-release formulas, Tespo pods, gel caps, or Vitamin capsules" and are not recommended. We even had to sign off on a form stating that we won't use them due to they don't accurately carry all the nutrients they say they have in them. Ask your doctor if it's okay for you to use though, worth asking. With that being said this is what I have purchased off Amazon and all that was recommended to me:

Bariatric Advantage - calcium citrate chewable (500mg) Wild Cherry, 270 Count Tablets $72.80 ( 3x daily)

Bariatric Advantage - Ultra Solo Once-Per-Day Mutivitamin (Capsules Without Iron, 90 Count) $66.30 (1 daily)

Bariatric Advantage Iron Chewy Bite chocolate Raspberry Truffle (30 mg iron, 60 mg vitamin c) 30 count $20.80 (1 nightly- not to take within two hours of any dairy products, Calcium supplements, coffee or tea. )

Bariatric Advantage B-12 Speedy Melts (Black Cherry, 90 Count) $23.40 ( will take once a week)

I'm not quite sure why they have you do the Multivitamin without Iron when you end up taking the iron but I tend to follow directions to a T.

Hope this helps!

I got my date today... August 18th! I couldn't be more anxious or excited. I can't wait to feel more confident in myself and start winning the battle I've had with my weight for as long as I can remember. Jumping through all the hoops with my insurance was completely worth it! I look forward to connecting and chatting with you all :)

On 7/13/2022 at 2:24 PM, Denise7M7 said:

What did your doc tell you after the visit? My doctor has me doing it for one week before surgery. They told it's to shrink the liver so that it makes surgery a little easier.

My program only has the liquid diet for the two days prior to surgery, instead of two weeks. I see the surgeon tomorrow and I'm going to ask why they only do it for the two days. My surgeon has many many years of experience, I have friends who have done really well with him so I trust his process, but I'm just curious.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, jdgw2007 said:

I didn't tell work anything either... just told my boss I was going to take a couple days off. Luckily, I already work remotely so going back to work shouldn't be too bad.

15 hours ago, eusluttik said:

I'm scheduled for my gastric sleeve on august the 8th. I'm exited but also nervous, quite mixed feelings...

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel the same way, it seems so far away, but also so close!

On 07/20/2022 at 03:20, CellieMil said:

Hi all! I'm scheduled for Aug 17 as well. Rny. Currently on my liver-shrinking diet (1 month [emoji30])

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! One month of liquid diet? ! You can do it!!! Are you able to incorporate greek yogurt during this time? It was a life-saver for me during my liquid diet prior to my gastric sleeve surgery. I’m scheduled for a revision to RNY on August 8th so I start my liquid diet on Monday July 25th. I see my nutritionist at the bariatric center this morning to go over dietary requirements for RNY. I’m not nervous about the surgery since I’ve already had one bariatric procedure and did just fine. I just remember struggling some during the liquid diet. It can be tough but will be sooo worth it! 😁👍🏻