Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

My program only has the liquid diet for the two days prior to surgery, instead of two weeks. I see the surgeon tomorrow and I'm going to ask why they only do it for the two days. My surgeon has many many years of experience, I have friends who have done really well with him so I trust his process, but I'm just curious.

Hey August Buddies! I wanted to share my results so far in starting my mock trial liquid diet to see how well it goes for me. Basically, to test to make sure I can hit all my macros and Protein, I don't put it in my mouth if it does not have some version of protein in it. So far I have felt very satisfied and not felt too hungry. If I do get hungry, then I drink more Water with the Liquid Protein and it satisfies me.
What my days are consisting of:
Breakfast
1 cup of coffee with 1 Tbsp of cream and 1 teaspoon of Skinny mix and 1 scoop of college protein
Take all my supplements and vitamins
Water with Electrolytes
Oikos triple zero yogurt watered down
Organic Plum Stage 1 Babyfood (OMG - soooo good!)
Lunch
2-ounce puck of strained Bear Creek Cheddar Broccoli Soup with 2 TBSP of grass-fed whey protein ( I also made chicken noodle soup and potato soup pucks so I have a variety)
1 Keto Chow Protein Shake with 1 cup Almond Milk
Water with liquid Protein and Electrolytes

Snack
1 Premiere Protein chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Water with Liquid Protein and Electrolytes
Dinner
1 complete SF Jello box with Liquid Protein
Water with Liquid Protein and Electrolytes
My program may be completely different from yours, but I wanted to share what is so far working for me. I'm down 4 pounds since Sunday and have not been hungry and very satisfied. Average daily calories 850, Avg protein 120 grams, average net carbs 58 (primarily from yogurt and Fiber carbs) I feel really good that my protein levels increased to over 50% when I implemented the liquid protein. So easy to consume with your water!
Lots of Love to My August Buddies!! [emoji3590]
liquid1.thumb.jpg.10af875493a02896ddfa486606d7de81.jpg
liquid2.thumb.jpg.c97042c497661a0613878394e3012bc8.jpg
liquid3.thumb.jpg.7ff25a31478a8910f79f28afb2fe9b10.jpg
liquid4.thumb.jpg.497492a3258433c6b448bb0d94653b44.jpg
liquid5.thumb.jpg.068af78f364326ac258d891d998a56c8.jpg
Thank you for posting this!!!! I've been considering going to an all liquid diet early to hit my pre-op weight goal. I have a check-in with my dietician next Monday and I need to lose 4 pounds by then.

Are you doing anything special with the jello for dinner or just preparing it like normal?

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/13/2022 at 17:50, heartofmercury said:

Thank you for posting this!!!! I've been considering going to an all liquid diet early to hit my pre-op weight goal. I have a check-in with my dietician next Monday and I need to lose 4 pounds by then.

Are you doing anything special with the Jello for dinner or just preparing it like normal?

What’s your pre-op weight goal? Is this something the doctor asks for or something you want? How is it determined? (I have so many questions. Lol. Sorry!)

My diet is all liquids with only 1 Greek yogurt,1 egg or 1 jello a day allowed (as a non-liquid) so I keep going back and forth on starting 1 week early.

2 hours ago, heartofmercury said:

Are you doing anything special with the Jello for dinner or just preparing it like normal?

You bet! The only thing I am doing for the Jello is adding the Liquid Protein to it after I combined the cold Water into the hot melted gelation. Hope that helps 😊

57 minutes ago, karakent said:

What’s your pre-op weight goal? Is this something the doctor asks for or something you want? How is it determined? (I have so many questions. Lol. Sorry!)

My diet is all liquids with only 1 Greek yogurt,1 egg or 1 Jello a day allowed (as a non-liquid) so I keep going back and forth on starting 1 week early.

Howdy! My prop goal weight was 230 and that was set by me. I wanted to maximize the weight loss of the surgery as much as possible since I wanted to lose over 100 lbs.

My doctor only requires 2 weeks liquid diet prior to my surgery date on Aug 18 the. I wanted to get a headstart, play with recipes, and establish new habits so there wouldn't be a ton of changes at once. This way I can monitor how we'll the fiber is working too. I suffer from Constipation and I want to ensure I can do everything to avoid any complications.

The Organic Plum Stage 1 baby food is a total WIN because they have yummy prunes plus Protein and fiber!!

My diet is all liquids with only 1 Greek yogurt,1 egg or 1 Jello a day allowed (as a non-liquid) so I keep going back and forth on starting 1 week early.
My insurance doesn't require any weight loss before surgery, but my doctor does. The dietician there gave me two months to lose 15 pounds. I'm 4 pounds away. I've been really relaxed with my diet and exercise up until now.

If I don't lose the 4 pounds by Monday then I have to do two weeks of a strict liquid diet instead of one week of liquid diet before surgery.

I think I'm just going to jump in and do liquid diet for a few days. It'll be a good test run!

Also, if I'm being honest, I'm so stubborn. I hate it when people tell me what I have to eat. So if I make the decision now it's just easier. [emoji38]

So my date got pushed back from August 3rd to August 31st. I was annoyed at first but really its ok. I can not wait for this to happen.

Hi, I too am a band to sleeve revision. I just got insurance approval today so they put me tentatively with a surgery date of August 2nd.

I’m also an educator and start back to work on Monday. I’m really nervous about missing work so close to the beginning of the school year. I think I’m going to see if they can move the surgery up a little. I’ve already started the pre op diet so hopefully the doctor will agree.

On 07/14/2022 at 04:08, jdgw2007 said:

Hi, I too am a band to sleeve revision. I just got insurance approval today so they put me tentatively with a surgery date of August 2nd.

I’m also an educator and start back to work on Monday. I’m really nervous about missing work so close to the beginning of the school year. I think I’m going to see if they can move the surgery up a little. I’ve already started the pre op diet so hopefully the doctor will agree.

Hi! Hopefully they will. I tried to do it as well but my surgeon was fully booked and had no openings at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Have you already had your band removed or will they be doing both at the same time?

On 07/14/2022 at 00:20, AmbiiNicole said:

So my date got pushed back from August 3rd to August 31st. I was annoyed at first but really its ok. I can not wait for this to happen.

So sorry your date was changed but it’s great that you are choosing such a positive outlook! 🤗 I’m sure the change is what was best so it represents you having the best and safest experience! 👍🏻

You bet! The only thing I am doing for the Jello is adding the Liquid Protein to it after I combined the cold Water into the hot melted gelation. Hope that helps [emoji4]
I did my first day of liquid diet thanks to your inspiration!

It wasn't bad at all. I think you've got the right idea keeping protein high in everything.

I checked and they can’t move my surgery any earlier, so August 2nd is it. They will remove the band and convert to the sleeve during the same surgery.

I checked and they can’t move my surgery any earlier, so August 2nd is it. They will remove the band and convert to the sleeve during the same surgery.
Bummer they couldn't move it up. Will you still beable to take off enough time with work?
We're also surgery date buddies [emoji4] I'm sooo ready for it to get here!

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/15/2022 at 22:37, jdgw2007 said:

Awww. So sorry to hear that! I was hoping at least one of us got it!