Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

On 07/25/2022 at 11:53, Dogmom68 said:

Barimelts!!! I can’t take those large horse pills, either! BariMelts has been a lifesaver for me. I get the Multivitamin with Iron, the Biotin, the Calcium, and the probiotic. They’re all soft and chewable/meltable tablets in fruit flavors. If you Google BariMelts for coupon codes you can usually find some! I always use a coupon code when I order! They ship quickly, as well.

I got the Barimelts! I finally bit the bullet and just ordered! Thanks for the suggestion:)

Oh wow guys! This is it. The last we weekend before we go into our surgery month! To those of you who are going in the first half of the month, best of luck. I can’t wait to hear about your successes (and to commiserate with you if you need it at any point)! For those of us in the 2nd half of the countdown, we’re almost there! So excited/nervous. This weekend I’m doing a kitchen overhaul/purge. Going to donate all the food I can no longer have so that my kitchen is clean and only full of the things that will bring me success. Anyone else doing anything specific to prep? Eeek. I feel like squealing! Lol

On 07/29/2022 at 08:49, karakent said:

I got the Barimelts! I finally bit the bullet and just ordered! Thanks for the suggestion:)

That’s great! The chewable vitamins really make things so much easier! Because they’re so easy to take, I never miss a day! We’re you able to find a good coupon code? The one I always use is KIMH20 for 20% off my orders. Be sure to subscribe to the emails and they’ll send you coupon codes, too. Let me know what you think when you get them. 😊

On 07/29/2022 at 08:55, karakent said:

Oh wow guys! This is it. The last we weekend before we go into our surgery month! To those of you who are going in the first half of the month, best of luck. I can’t wait to hear about your successes (and to commiserate with you if you need it at any point)! For those of us in the 2nd half of the countdown, we’re almost there! So excited/nervous. This weekend I’m doing a kitchen overhaul/purge. Going to donate all the food I can no longer have so that my kitchen is clean and only full of the things that will bring me success. Anyone else doing anything specific to prep? Eeek. I feel like squealing! Lol

I ordered a pack of the 2 ounce plastic cups with lids from Amazon so I can prep food in small portions to keep in my fridge. I also picked up a small (tiny!) food processor at Target so when I get to the puréed stage I can make different kinds of food (tuna, chicken, eggs, etc..) I got a new, small battery-operated food scale and a small hand-held strainer for Soups (to take the chunks out) both from Amazon. Oh, and a tiny glass measuring cup that measures in small increments (ounces.) I found that at my grocery store. Food wise, I have Swanson sipping Bone Broth (chicken and beef) and Better than Bullion in chicken, beef, and vegetable - that’s all the food right now other than Premier Protein shakes. I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos about post surgery food preps so I feel pretty good with what I have so far. I hear some people pick up unflavored Pedialyte to mix with Water, etc… to keep electrolytes up. 😁🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I justrealized when this thread started, a while ago. In Connie88 initial post she said maybe she wouldn’t do the surgery so my comment today is kinda outdated but I’m still gonna post! 

Hi Connie and Enough😁 i have my surgery scheduled for August 29 and i can’t wait. Excited!! I think i have the same nervous excitement as y’all. Connie, you should do the surgery… you can do it! 100# is hard to loose and without the surgery it’s gonna be very hard, maybe impossible. You are at the weight you are because you can’t do this by yourself ( same with me)
For me, i NEED this tool to help me. Anyone I’ve ever talked to about the surgery has NO REGRETS! If you need friends to support you, you’ll find those here ♥️ you got this girl. Imagine the way you’ll feel when you lose the weight, less body pain, less fatigue. More energy!
Hope this burst of cheer lifts you lol

On 07/29/2022 at 08:55, karakent said:

Continuing from my previous post…. One more thing I purchased was a multi-compartment pill organizer for my vitamins!😁

07/29/2022 11:45 AM, Dogmom68 said:

Continuing from my previous post…. One more thing I purchased was a multi-compartment pill organizer for my vitamins!😁

I bought one of those too! I bought one that is for 32 days I found on Amazon! So I can fill it up once a month and just grab what I need and go. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks and its worked wonderfully! I’ve been watching a ton of videos too. Sadly I’m more of a food assembler than a cook. I can put together a mean sandwich! Lol. So I want to try to make some of things I’ve seen like the Ricotta bakes, at some point but honestly I’m a little intimidated by that. Lol. 😰

3 hours ago, karakent said:

That is such a great idea!!! I will be purging the kitchen this weekend!

53 minutes ago, CarolineS said:

I justrealized when this thread started, a while ago. In Connie88 initial post she said maybe she wouldn’t do the surgery so my comment today is kinda outdated but I’m still gonna post!

Hi Connie and Enough😁 i have my surgery scheduled for August 29 and i can’t wait. Excited!! I think i have the same nervous excitement as y’all. Connie, you should do the surgery… you can do it! 100# is hard to loose and without the surgery it’s gonna be very hard, maybe impossible. You are at the weight you are because you can’t do this by yourself ( same with me)
For me, i NEED this tool to help me. Anyone I’ve ever talked to about the surgery has NO REGRETS! If you need friends to support you, you’ll find those here ♥️ you got this girl. Imagine the way you’ll feel when you lose the weight, less body pain, less fatigue. More energy!
Hope this burst of cheer lifts you lol

We are surgery twins!!!! Mine is also on the 29th of August!

17 minutes ago, karakent said:

I bought one of those too! I bought one that is for 32 days I found on Amazon! So I can fill it up once a month and just grab what I need and go. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks and its worked wonderfully! I’ve been watching a ton of videos too. Sadly I’m more of a food assembler than a cook. I can put together a mean sandwich! Lol. So I want to try to make some of things I’ve seen like the Ricotta bakes, at some point but honestly I’m a little intimidated by that. Lol. 😰

I loveeeee the Ricotta bake! I remember when I first made it my fiance and his buddy dove right into it before I even tasted it lol!

Sooo…. I got covid earlier this week, and all I can think is, will this effect my surgery date? So far I barely have any symptoms,so hopefully it stays that way.

1 hour ago, SuziDavis said:

Sooo…. I got covid earlier this week, and all I can think is, will this effect my surgery date? So far I barely have any symptoms,so hopefully it stays that way.

I think you will be ok since your SD isn't till the 16th. Sending all the prayers & good vibes your way for a speedy recovery!

My surgery is only 4 days away and these last few days have been soooooo rough mentally. I'm not hungry but I could cave to the temptations. 2 days ago was my birthday and My co-worker brought in my fav. cake. I grabbed a piece so she wouldn't question why I wasn't eating any and made my brother eat it for me. I picked up Pasta last night for my daughter because I just didn't have the energy to cook and the smells were making me weak. I ended up going to bed early because I was so frustrated with myself. We're celebrating birthdays at work again today and we ordered pizza and pasta so I just stayed in my office to avoid as much as I could. I'm proud of myself for sticking to the preop 100% with no slips. But good lord I feel like I'm being tested to my max haha. I know it will all be worth it but I am ready for at least the soft food stage. I'm so bored with what I am able to have that it makes me not even want to eat it.

On 07/29/2022 at 13:42, SHORTY_ said:

My surgery is only 4 days away and these last few days have been soooooo rough mentally. I'm not hungry but I could cave to the temptations. 2 days ago was my birthday and My co-worker brought in my fav. cake. I grabbed a piece so she wouldn't question why I wasn't eating any and made my brother eat it for me. I picked up Pasta last night for my daughter because I just didn't have the energy to cook and the smells were making me weak. I ended up going to bed early because I was so frustrated with myself. We're celebrating birthdays at work again today and we ordered pizza and Pasta so I just stayed in my office to avoid as much as I could. I'm proud of myself for sticking to the preop 100% with no slips. But good lord I feel like I'm being tested to my max haha. I know it will all be worth it but I am ready for at least the soft food stage. I'm so bored with what I am able to have that it makes me not even want to eat it.

Kudos to you for sticking with your pre-op diet! I understand how difficult it is to stay strong and I feel the same way you do about wanting to eat something different. I’m so sick of Protein Shakes and yogurt I could cry! And I have one week to go. We can do this!!!😁

2 hours ago, SHORTY_ said:

My surgery is only 4 days away and these last few days have been soooooo rough mentally. I'm not hungry but I could cave to the temptations. 2 days ago was my birthday and My co-worker brought in my fav. cake. I grabbed a piece so she wouldn't question why I wasn't eating any and made my brother eat it for me. I picked up Pasta last night for my daughter because I just didn't have the energy to cook and the smells were making me weak. I ended up going to bed early because I was so frustrated with myself. We're celebrating birthdays at work again today and we ordered pizza and Pasta so I just stayed in my office to avoid as much as I could. I'm proud of myself for sticking to the preop 100% with no slips. But good lord I feel like I'm being tested to my max haha. I know it will all be worth it but I am ready for at least the soft food stage. I'm so bored with what I am able to have that it makes me not even want to eat it.

You got this!!! You will finish strong. Have you weighed yourself since the pre-op diet?