Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

2 hours ago, carmez3 said:

Second day of liquid diet 😒😒. It’s like I feel tired or maybe depressed that I can’t eat. I never realized that I had a food addiction until now and it’s sad. But I’m doing good on my diet.

I'm on day 2 as well. I am allowed one small meal a day though, so it's rough but I know it could be worse. I'm drinking a lot of Water and crystal light when I feel hungry. We've got this!

4 minutes ago, Nifer72 said:

I'm on day 2 as well. I am allowed one small meal a day though, so it's rough but I know it could be worse. I'm drinking a lot of Water and crystal light when I feel hungry. We've got this!

I am also day 2, allowed select foods from a list given to me. Honestly it is much easier than I thought so far. I got hungry last night so I just went to bed. lol I was also busy all day yesterday, this evening I have nothing going on so I feel like that is going to make it harder. We shall see! Again, good luck to everyone trying to make it thru.

8 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I am also day 2, allowed select foods from a list given to me. Honestly it is much easier than I thought so far. I got hungry last night so I just went to bed. lol I was also busy all day yesterday, this evening I have nothing going on so I feel like that is going to make it harder. We shall see! Again, good luck to everyone trying to make it thru.

Try doing a puzzle or a craft or anything other than tv. TV has so many commercials and food scenes that it makes it harder.

1 hour ago, cgp1204 said:

March 1 here - one week out and doing well after a rough few days of liquid diet (which I’d done two weeks prior to surgery so I was starving). Knock on wood, no bad side effects.

Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm five days post-op and still stuck on liquids -- can't wait until Day 13 for purees! (Never thought I'd get so excited at the thought of baby food.)

Glad to hear you are both doing well!

On 1/7/2022 at 2:09 PM, LilaNicole20 said:

Hey Guys! So I have a date (again), it's March 8th - meaning my 2 week "liquid" diet will start Feb 22.

The short month of February makes me feel like I've been granted a shortcut somehow! Who else has a date for March??

Me! March 1, I’m one week out today

7 minutes ago, Heather517 said:

Hi everyone, I’m having a bad day, mentally and emotionally, missing food. Advice?? Encouraging words? 😓

Maybe try to take a walk if you are able? Or something else you can do to occupy your mind.

Also, think of it as when you are sick and can't eat. You will be able to eat again soon enough.

3 minutes ago, SecondChance3.2022 said:

Surgery day is tomorrow and I am so excited!! How is everyone feeling. I’m doing a sleeve conversion to a bypass. I would love everyone’s go to products for post-op. food? Tools? Things?

I am pre op so I don't have any real advise or answers to your questions but I wanted to wish you the best tomorrow!

PS: My surgery is the 21ST! I am soooo excited~

Edited by kcuster83

Surgery was yesterday! These past 20 hours so far haven’t been the easiest but I’m surprised that aside from pain and discomfort, my energy level is still high. I feel like myself - just with new (and temporary) limitations. I just got my first clear liquid tray. It’s satisfying bc I’m not hungry but my mouth needed something.

The air is the worst part. If you’re surgical team doesn’t immediately give you an incentive spirometer then you should ask for one. I don’t have one but I have been doing the long slow deep breaths in an effort to expand my lungs clear this air. It hurts and it isn’t comfortable but the air is mostly gone for me.

So far today I’ve walked a mile and half just walking a single lap of the unit each hour. I’m terrified of blood clots or setbacks. So I’m really disciplining myself. Best of luck to all of you who are on deck!!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Hi all! Anyone scheduled for April?? Just got my date April 19th. Anxious about it all but reassuring to see how others have done and their success. Question- how was the 2 wk prep ? I have very limited plan with basically just 1 meal daily and either a Protein Shake or Protein Bar other meals. Wondering if I will feel starved ?? Also heard after surgery it’s liquids but appetite is decreased anyway. How Did you all do it??

42 minutes ago, Nurse2u said:

Hi all! Anyone scheduled for April?? Just got my date April 19th. Anxious about it all but reassuring to see how others have done and their success. Question- how was the 2 wk prep ? I have very limited plan with basically just 1 meal daily and either a Protein Shake or Protein Bar other meals. Wondering if I will feel starved ?? Also heard after surgery it’s liquids but appetite is decreased anyway. How Did you all do it??

Hello, I am on the pre-op diet now. My team allows 4 shakes a day plus a very small list of foods and their serving sizes I am allowed to eat. So I am living off of Protein Shakes, yogurt, sugar free pudding, unsweetened applesauce and fresh veggies. 800-900 calories a day I have not really been hungry but I am tired of eating the same thing all day every day. It has been much easier than I ever expected from other people's stories.

Good luck to you! My surgery is the 21st!

Edited by kcuster83