Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2022 Surgery Buddies

Hey Guys! So I have a date (again), it's March 8th - meaning my 2 week "liquid" diet will start Feb 22.

The short month of February makes me feel like I've been granted a shortcut somehow! Who else has a date for March??

Got a March 17th date a couple of weeks ago. Very excited and nervous. And very hopefully it doesn't get postponed for one reason or another. That would be so disheartening at this point.

Congrats!

Edited by LilaNicole20

11 hours ago, doobie31 said:

Very excited and nervous. And very hopefully it doesn't get postponed for one reason or another. That would be so disheartening at this point.

Same same! Fingers crossed - this will be our time!

Congratulations to all the March surgery dates. I was March 9 last year and boy what a year it has been so far. I am currently stuck at about 9 pounds from goal. I may have to add in more exercise to get there but this process really works. Good luck to you all.

21 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Congratulations to all the March surgery dates. I was March 9 last year and boy what a year it has been so far. I am currently stuck at about 9 pounds from goal. I may have to add in more exercise to get there but this process really works. Good luck to you all.

Thanks for the support! Congratulations on your successful journey!! What are some 'lessons' you have learned throughout this past year? Were some things harder than others? What did you find easy?

4 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

Thanks for the support! Congratulations on your successful journey!! What are some 'lessons' you have learned throughout this past year? Were some things harder than others? What did you find easy?

Well I was very fortunate to have an uneventful recovery. The one change that has been hardest for me is to slow down my eating. Try it once and you will see. Or better yet start slowing down now for practice. I also for some reason have been able to eat more than expected at every stage so I have to measure everything. It has been a little adjustment to stop eating when I don’t feel full yet but honestly I think that it just a mind thing because after a few minutes I realize I am satisfied even if I don’t feel that full to the brim feeling. Another thing that is hard is not comparing your journey to others. I have been a slow loser from the start but many people continue to lose up to two years so just cause the weight doesn’t come off super fast doesn’t mean that it won’t. Just listen to your team and trust the process.

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

Well I was very fortunate to have an uneventful recovery. The one change that has been hardest for me is to slow down my eating. Try it once and you will see. Or better yet start slowing down now for practice. I also for some reason have been able to eat more than expected at every stage so I have to measure everything. It has been a little adjustment to stop eating when I don’t feel full yet but honestly I think that it just a mind thing because after a few minutes I realize I am satisfied even if I don’t feel that full to the brim feeling. Another thing that is hard is not comparing your journey to others. I have been a slow loser from the start but many people continue to lose up to two years so just cause the weight doesn’t come off super fast doesn’t mean that it won’t. Just listen to your team and trust the process.

Oh girl, I already know I'm going to be in trouble in that regard, too. I definitely do not chew my food enough as it is, so that will be a challenge for me. You have offered great advice, thank you! Good job measuring your foods and not relying on the restriction to hit.

I spoke with my doctor's team yesterday ... the nurse said she had just been thinking about me ... she said the VA is canceling bariatric surgery again ( I was originally scheduled Jan4) but she is hopeful that my date of March 8 will be fine. Time will tell. 😏

I received my surgery date the other day: March 22! They couldn't schedule any in January due to covid so they have a bit of a backlog to schedule first. I'm excited to finally have a date.

I have been stalking the COVID hospitalization rates in my area every single day, multiple times a day - obsessively - looking for rates to be going down... and it looks like they are. I am starting to feel somewhat confident that my surgery will happen on March 8th. Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everyone else who received a surgery date in March after a cancelation due to COVID!

3 hours ago, kmatos12 said:

Hi, March 7th is my surgery date. I’m so excited and so nervous.

Yay!! I'm so excited too .. but I'm only nervous that COVID will delay it again. I NEED to get this surgery done and over with so I can get on with my life! What about it makes you the most nervous?