Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2021 Bypassers?

On 7/1/2021 at 2:03 PM, cellbell said:

Me! I just got my date and it's August 17th!

checking in, how are you doing? I'm doing all the insurance stuff. Stress test and cardiac exam yesterday.

10 hours ago, sharlap64 said:

My bypass was September 2, I lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks, nothing more since. Kind of worried I’m not doing something right.

From what I read on the boards, it seems like a lot of people have a stall at around 3 weeks so I think that's normal (?)....but I'm sure it's frustrating!!! Just continue to keep up with your Proteins and Water, etc,

On 9/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, sharlap64 said:

My bypass was September 2, I lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks, nothing more since. Kind of worried I’m not doing something right.

I had my surgery on August 16.
Lost 24 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

Lost 6 pounds over the next 18 days.

Lost 12 pounds in the last 12 days. Stay the course. The PA at my surgeon's office said that my body was fighting against the reduced caloric input, but that it would eventually give in. He did advise me to cut back a bit on sodium (I was living on Gatorade Zero), because it meant I was carrying more Water weight.

Hi Peeps,

I had my Gastric bypass (RnY) on Aug 17. My stats are as follows.

SW: 302 lbs

Height: 169 cm.

CW: 246 lbs.

Total lost: 56 lbs

Exercise: Walking 10km daily

However, I'm feeling I'm not losing fast enough, my dietitian thinks I should be losing about 4 lbs a week.

I'm worried that I'm going to ruin this. Any tips on how to lose faster.

Would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

6 hours ago, TheBusierBee said:

Hi Peeps,

I had my Gastric bypass (RnY) on Aug 17. My stats are as follows.

SW: 302 lbs

Height: 169 cm.

CW: 246 lbs.

Total lost: 56 lbs

Exercise: Walking 10km daily

However, I'm feeling I'm not losing fast enough, my dietitian thinks I should be losing about 4 lbs a week.

I'm worried that I'm going to ruin this. Any tips on how to lose faster.

Would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

I was just thinking about this thread. I had my revision to RNY due to gerd in August. Sounds like you are doing really well to me. To me, it's not race, especially if you are eating healthy and exercising, making the shift from poor habits to healthy self-caring eating habits (mentally, emotionally and physically). Generally speaking, to lose 4 lbs. a week you would have to have a calorie deficit of 2000 calories a day. Good job so far.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I was just thinking about this thread. I had my revision to RNY due to gerd in August. Sounds like you are doing really well to me. To me, it's not race, especially if you are eating healthy and exercising, making the shift from poor habits to healthy self-caring eating habits (mentally, emotionally and physically). Generally speaking, to lose 4 lbs. a week you would have to have a calorie deficit of 2000 calories a day. Good job so far.

Well put! Took the words right out of my mouth (err, typed them?)