Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any dense, high protein meals?

I had surgery on 12/31/19 and have done very well. I was very lucky to have an easy recovery, including no physical hunger. Well, I'm 5 1/2 months out now and my hunger has returned - a lot! I'm trying to be sure to eat dense Protein at all my meals. My program doesn't like snacking so I'm trying to avoid that but if I am really hungry I'll have some greek yogurt.

Does anyone have any advice on good, high protein, dense meals you like? I'm not much of a cook so simple items would be best.

Thanks in advance,

Lori

You could take a look at bodybuilding or fitness websites. There are usually lots of high Protein recipes on their websites or boards.

I got the idea of high protein oats, protein mug cakes, protein pancakes and waffles and protein balls from there.

we always have a thing of marinated chicken skewers from costco in the fridge. I could make them myself for about 1/3 of the cost, but they're very convenient. Two of those usually fill me up.

If you eat meats/seafood then that will def fit the bill. Grilled/baked/air-fried....

Congratulations on all your hard work.

Some of my favorites are at albertsons. Fresh meat case has seafood, poultry, beef pork. Items in the meat case are already seasoned You can buy in single servings and cook at home. Beautiful chicken parmesan. Asparagus stuffed chicken breast. Swordfish, ceviche, great cuts of beef.

My quick Proteins - Low to no cook days photos below

Lots of meal combinations - Be creative.

Cubed Turkey salad with sliced strawberries, pecans and skinny girl raspberry vinaigrette

Beef fajitas no tortilla or if allowed on your plan

rotisserie chicken wrapped in sliced zucchini add enchilada sauce. Serve with a side of riced cauliflower

Sliced Turkey, steamed veggies

Smoked salmon salad

2.jpg

download.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

download.jpg

Thanks All. I am not a big meat eater - I just don't like most of it. I've been living off of various chicken dishes and greek yogurt, Protein Shakes, etc... My "go to's" include: Ground chicken, Beans, onion and taco seasoning: or sliced chicken breasts, various peppers, onion and fajita seasoning; I also do chicken PIccatta only with almond flour instead of bread crumbs.

I'll take a look at the body builder sites and see what I can find. I am doing some carbs but am trying to be careful as I could easily live on nothing but carbs if it was just about taste :)

I will definitely look at the costco chicken skewers!

We don't have Albertsons here (we did where I grew up) and my local deli/meat case isn't nearly so nice! I may have to shake up my routine and try some other stores.

I will have to try that Turkey strawberry salad. It sounds amazing!!!

Thanks again all!

Lori

Mushrooms are a great source of Protein. Slice up, salt and pepper, and sauté for a quick, super-filling meal. I ate them a lot pre-op and plan to continue in a few months.

5 minutes ago, qianmij said:

Mushrooms are a great source of Protein. Slice up, salt and pepper, and sauté for a quick, super-filling meal. I ate them a lot pre-op and plan to continue in a few months.

What kind of mushrooms are a great source of Protein?

I calculate my daily Protein based on my weight yet most days I still get too much protein 😹 I am not a big meat eater. Nor do I eat big meals or a lot of calories. But example of my daily meals: Breakfast is tea and a Protein Bar. lunch is my main meal. I vary it depending what I find at the grocery or where I’ve shopped, I usually meal plan for a week. Even though my meals are basically the same I write down my weight, meals, calories and protein.

Side note: I use Quest salted caramel Protein Shake as Creamer in my tea ...

example lunch Aldi Earth Grown flame grilled veggie burger, I pan cook with a little olive oil a little sliced avocado, and then I flip it break it up a bit with spatula and crack a single egg in the middle. I do the same basic formula with different veggie burgers. I love Bubba burger Latin grill veggie burgers with little avocado, a manzano banana and a egg. Aldi has good veggie meatballs too. Sometimes I buy their cauliflower rice and I’m a little with the veggie burger and an egg. Anyway the Aldi flame grilled veggie burger and one Egglands best egg = 160 calories and 22 grams protein. But that’s just an example.

my dinner is the same yes I’m a creature of habit. Right now I’m rather obsessed with oikos triple zero lemon tart yogurt. I mix it with PEScience select Peanut Butter cookie Protein Powder and some low carb granola or Cereal and pop in the freezer up to an hour. I sprinkle some extra powder on top to keep it from over freezing. I love land o lakes sugar free whipped cream on top. It’s about 220 calories and 32 grams protein. (1/2 scoop protein, 1 yogurt cup, 15 grams of low carb granola either sola granola or Catalina crunch)

PEScience Select

http://rwrd.io/c6uus2e

Agreed with @ms.sss that it'll be hard to find denser Protein than meat/seafood without supplementation. I do a lot of chili/taco style one-pot dishes to eat for dinner throughout the week.

If you like Beans, Alison Roman has a really fantastic (and easy!!) chickpea stew recipe that uses coconut milk and leafy greens. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019772-spiced-chickpea-stew-with-coconut-and-turmeric I tried it and think some chicken thighs would go well to bump that protein up. Id also ignore the advice about full-fat coconut milk and go for the lite, or change the ratio of chicken broth to coconut milk since this dish is really hearty!