Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pre op diet was 2 Protein Shakes and a salad with Protein. Thats it. I got an cancellation date which made me only do the pre op diet 10 days. My surgeon did not say I had a fatty liver due to my shorter pre op diet. I had my vsg at Blossom in Las Vegas. I am now 4 days post op. I have no regrets with the vsg or Blossom.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Lychee said:

@velise, I'm also having RNY for same reason, heartburn. I'm so relieved to have made my decision after thinking about it for 10 years! But I'm also rather anxious. I don't know anyone who has had the operation so this forum is really helpful.

Me too! While I do know a couple people who have had this surgery - I'm not really comfortable talking to them so this forum has been great.

8 hours ago, Corrine2020 said:

What post op eating plan/schedule did your surgeon give you? Are you allowed to drink an entire shake in one sitting? Did they recommend slim fast?

Everyone else, what is your post op diet? For example, mine is to get 64 Oz of Water and 60-80 grams of Protein a day via very small one ounce increments. I do this for the first 2 weeks until my post op follow up where I advance to soft foods.

Mine is the same. 64 oz Water and 60-80 grams of Protein for 2 weeks. Then I start back up my Vitamins and hopefully progress to pureed food.

I’m 3 days post op. Spent one night in the hospital. I’m still having trouble getting Protein down. I can finish like maybe half of a Premier Protein. And then maybe one half protein Soup mix from Unjury. I am drinking Water as much as possible and can tolerate sugar free popsicles but I couldn’t do the Jello. It’s been a little rough. I know I’m not getting the protein I need or that my program suggests but im trying.

Edited by JenniferNu

How you doing Mellie! Hope you post an update on how it went for everyone good luck![emoji256]
I did it yesterday. It's weird to go to sleep in one room and wake up in another room. Lots of pain in recovery, but it's under control now. Mostly I just feel like I did 1 trillion sit-ups. I'm trying to remember to walk at home too. I'm not hungry anymore.!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Melliesmommy said:

I did it yesterday. It's weird to go to sleep in one room and wake up in another room. Lots of pain in recovery, but it's under control now. Mostly I just feel like I did 1 trillion sit-ups. I'm trying to remember to walk at home too. I'm not hungry anymore.!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Nice you made it ! 👍🏼

3 hours ago, JenniferNu said:

I’m 3 days post op. Spent one night in the hospital. I’m still having trouble getting Protein down. I can finish like maybe half of a Premier Protein. And then maybe one half Protein Soup mix from Unjury. I am drinking Water as much as possible and can tolerate sugar free popsicles but I couldn’t do the Jello. It’s been a little rough. I know I’m not getting the protein I need or that my program suggests but im trying.

Hang in there you just got out of major surgery little by little every day 👍🏼

16 hours ago, Corrine2020 said:

What post op eating plan/schedule did your surgeon give you? Are you allowed to drink an entire shake in one sitting? Did they recommend slim fast?

Everyone else, what is your post op diet? For example, mine is to get 64 Oz of Water and 60-80 grams of Protein a day via very small one ounce increments. I do this for the first 2 weeks until my post op follow up where I advance to soft foods.

My post op is Bariatric Advantage shakes 60-80 g Protein but eventually progresses through purees etc

Just had my sleeve done yesterday. They arr going to keep me until tomorrow. Which I dont mine. I've had only mild nausea. Have been up and walked at least 3 times and drank 2 medicine worth of broth. I have the burps but no other gas. I feel great overall!! 20200815_043028.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Having real trouble getting enough Water in. All my info says to continue drinking in small amounts (I think it says max 1oz at a time), how am I supposed to fit in 2 litres at that pace?!

On 08/14/2020 at 21:02, JenniferNu said:

I’m 3 days post op. Spent one night in the hospital. I’m still having trouble getting Protein down. I can finish like maybe half of a Premier Protein. And then maybe one half Protein Soup mix from Unjury. I am drinking Water as much as possible and can tolerate sugar free popsicles but I couldn’t do the Jello. It’s been a little rough. I know I’m not getting the protein I need or that my program suggests but im trying.

I had MGB on Tuesday and I am having the same problems. I can not get the protein in, but my doctor told me to work more on my Water intake and getting the 48-64 ounces. I can't do popsicles but can do Jell-O. The best we can do is try and staying hydrated I think is the most important. Good luck on your journey.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:22 PM, Brekatelyn said:

Surgery date is August 24, and I will be getting SLEEVED!!
Can anyone give me advice on what to pack for my hospital stay?!

I found it helpful to bring my phone and phone charger, earbuds, a comfortable, lightweight robe, hairtie, hairbrush, and loose fitting, comfortable clothing to wear home. I also brought a small pillow to hold against my chest/stomach to reduce discomfort when doing the required coughing exercises. I loaded my phone with great stuff to read, watch, or listen to for relaxation and occasionally recorded videos. Good luck with your surgery! 🙂

On 07/30/2020 at 16:24, thicc2thic said:

I am scheduled for Aug 18th! Looking for a support system of fellow 20-somethings to motivate each other! 🤞🏽

Hey.. I just had mine done on the 11th and I'm 28 let me know how yours goes!

On 08/05/2020 at 19:47, Ms.Carie26 said:

2 days post op and I'm very exhausted. Is this normal?

On my second day all I wanted was sleep and for the gas pain to go away 😭

24 minutes ago, aliciaoa said:

On my second day all I wanted was sleep and for the gas pain to go away 😭

I can definitely relate. I am 12 days post op, I feel better but I still need a nap. How are you feeling?