Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, MoominMan said:

I'm flying home today (had my operation on the 10th), other than a bit of an odd reaction to the anaesthetic it seems to have all gone fine. My surgeon said he would like to do a 120 cm (rather than the more standard 60 cm) bypass of my intestine.... not really sure why but I went along with it.

Not eaten anything yet, just been on Water. Tbh I am nervous about drinking too much in one go.... when will I be able to drink normally?

Idk the studies dont support any extra weightloss w that move lol

2 hours ago, Corrine2020 said:

So far it's been smooth sailing. No real pain. Stomach is just very sore. Trying to stay on the water/shake schedule they gave me is hardest of all!

1 oz all day 🛴

Just got a call that someone canceled for Aug 27 and I took the date. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Im scheduled for August 31st for a VSG. Been a long road, happy to have it scheduled.

I'm 4 days post op from vsg. Happy to answer any questions regarding what my experience has been like. Feel free to ask :)

57 minutes ago, riverwaters said:

Just got a call that someone canceled for Aug 27 and I took the date. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Same thing happened to me - I'm on the 25th now. Was originally scheduled for September 15th. I know it's only 2 weeks earlier but it feels much earlier to me!

On 08/09/2020 at 10:01, Redesigned_Curves said:

I am scheduled on August 27th. I start my preop diet this Thursday. I am having a revision from Band to Sleeve.

Me too. I’ll check in on you after. 😊

Bit confused. Just had my first shake - slim fast 325ml. Don't feel full. I didn't realise I'd be able to drink it all either.

1 hour ago, MoominMan said:

Bit confused. Just had my first shake - slim fast 325ml. Don't feel full. I didn't realise I'd be able to drink it all either.

Oh thats interesting 🤔 im sure some cant might be good sign that you are healing well check booklet from program

On 08/13/2020 at 21:14, MoominMan said:

What post op eating plan/schedule did your surgeon give you? Are you allowed to drink an entire shake in one sitting? Did they recommend slim fast?

Everyone else, what is your post op diet? For example, mine is to get 64 Oz of Water and 60-80 grams of Protein a day via very small one ounce increments. I do this for the first 2 weeks until my post op follow up where I advance to soft foods.

I am on Optifast, 5 shakes per day for 14 days with Water intake of 64oz per day. Today is my first day and all is good. This process is to shrink the liver and make the operation easier to accomplish. Counting my days and excited on this journey to healthier life.

My date is August 28. Presently on Optifast for 14 days and able to continue to take barimelt Vitamins. Did the vitamins to get use to taking them. To avoid malnutrition I will follow Dr. V green shakes as taught on utube. Lot of greens and fruits combination, as well as food intake allowed during each phase.

Micronutrient Deficiencies. Taking a Multivitamin may help prevent micronutrient deficiencies.

1 hour ago, Corrine2020 said:

Everyone else, what is your post op diet? For example, mine is to get 64 Oz of Water and 60-80 grams of Protein a day via very small one ounce increments. I do this for the first 2 weeks until my post op follow up where I advance to soft foods.

I haven't had surgery yet but she told me 4 ounces of Protein Shake, 3x a day (total of 12 ounces a day) for the first 2 weeks post op.