Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week post op today. I feel fine. I cannot get 64 oz in. I am lucky to get 25 oz total. I am not hungry or thirsty. We have all heard it - sip, sip, sip. I walk around with a water bottle all day. I don't want to push more fluids and get sick. I can't wait until I can taste real food regardless the size of the portion.

11 hours ago, anniedebbie said:

Are you hungry?

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don’t know if I’m hungry or if it’s just my brain confused as to why I’m not eating food and the want of certain things you know. I don’t feel hunger pains but I do feel an emptiness but it’ll go away if I drink. The problem is that it’s been tough getting Protein in. I think that might make me feel satisfied longer but the Protein Shakes are just different now.

I am one week post op today. I feel fine. I cannot get 64 oz in. I am lucky to get 25 oz total. I am not hungry or thirsty. We have all heard it - sip, sip, sip. I walk around with a Water bottle all day. I don't want to push more fluids and get sick. Protein Shakes are too heavy for me right now. I try to drink some Protein water. I can't wait until I can taste real food regardless the size of the portion.

Thank you to all of you who are updating us! Like several others, surgery is tomorrow on the 19th - I am so excited for this to actually happen!!

I can't wait to be on #teamlosing with the rest of you.

Tomorrow is surgery day. My emotions are all over the place but I’m doing my best to stay calm. Good luck to everyone tomorrow who is having surgery as well. We got this!!

19 minutes ago, RichelleGetsFit0309 said:

Tomorrow is surgery day. My emotions are all over the place but I’m doing my best to stay calm. Good luck to everyone tomorrow who is having surgery as well. We got this!!

Good luck! You've got this!!

On 7/28/2020 at 2:58 PM, xFatBoy007 said:

Hello Everyone,

I just got my surgery date set for August 26th, 2020. I am having the Gastric Bypass surgery. I am feeling a bit nervous but I excited at the same time. I am new here so any tips or general chats are welcome 😃

I am 2 days after you. I too am nervous and excited to venture into the next journey of healthy living. Good luck on yours. Keeping you in prayer.

1st day postop...my doctor wants me to stay one more night to be sure the pain subsides. The staff here has been extremely friendly which makes even better. I got the white liquid test this morning and no signs of any leaks. However, although the liquid wasn't bad, it trigger a bell pain that was unbearable. Got back to my room and gave me a anti-inflammatory and pain meds which knocked me right out. I did walk once I woke up. Now my nurse order me my late lunch: beef broth, crystal lite drink..with a 8oun of Water.

So far no problems except the pain from this morning's liquid test. Also, I've been burping all the air from the surgery. Thought it was going to be gas, but it isn't. Also, the nurse measures how much and how many times you pee. This is also a big indicator for them to know that you are doing fine. Hope this helps. Can't wait to go back home. Good luck to all for this week. 20200818_125807.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/18/2020 at 14:46, PerezL84 said:

1st day postop...my doctor wants me to stay one more night to be sure the pain subsides. The staff here has been extremely friendly which makes even better. I got the white liquid test this morning and no signs of any leaks. However, although the liquid wasn't bad, it trigger a bell pain that was unbearable. Got back to my room and gave me a anti-inflammatory and pain meds which knocked me right out. I did walk once I woke up. Now my nurse order me my late lunch: beef broth, crystal lite drink..with a 8oun of Water.

So far no problems except the pain from this morning's liquid test. Also, I've been burping all the air from the surgery. Thought it was going to be gas, but it isn't. Also, the nurse measures how much and how many times you pee. This is also a big indicator for them to know that you are doing fine. Hope this helps. Can't wait to go back home. Good luck to all for this week. 20200818_125807.jpg

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Thanks for providing updates as to what to expect.

My wounds are so damn itchy.

1 hour ago, PerezL84 said:

Great to hear you are done with your successful surgery. Sending healing prayer for you!