Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Camillia said:

Sending you well wishes!
I will be ha big my surgery tomorrow morning.
We got this!

Did you meal prep or are you just winging it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2020 at 1:00 AM, allison12541 said:

I finally got home yesterday. I feel very sore like a did an external work out. My ribs are killing me. I am able to keep pretty much everything down, but I don’t have a sense of fullness so I’m scared that I will eat or drink too much. Other then that I am doing great

They have little 2 oz disposable cups you can use at target. Glad you made it through!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichelleGetsFit0309 said:

Hey Everyone. My surgery is on the 19th. The nerves are setting in but I’m doing my best to remind myself why I’m having this surgery. Even though it’s risky all my other health issues are putting me at risk and that’s been helping me somewhat. Also I can’t wait until I’m done with these Protein Shakes. 😂😂

Hi I know what you mean about the shakes lol hopefully we will all be okay. Statistically only 1/200 to 1/500 die in the united states nationally so we got that low % death rate going for us! If we don’t do it then the comorbities get us five to ten years out 😆. Just letting you know others are worried and thinking about it too! Hope you post an update after your surgery 🍀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bosslady7405 said:

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on 8/20. I have been struggling with my pre op diet feeling nauseous most days. Im just ready to get this show on the road lol. Wish me luck!😁

🍀🍀🍀🍀🤞🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, JenniferNu said:

I’m 3 days post op. Spent one night in the hospital. I’m still having trouble getting Protein down. I can finish like maybe half of a Premier Protein. And then maybe one half Protein Soup mix from Unjury. I am drinking Water as much as possible and can tolerate sugar free popsicles but I couldn’t do the Jello. It’s been a little rough. I know I’m not getting the protein I need or that my program suggests but im trying.

Did you try some prepackaged broth yet in little cups. It might help and has 9g protein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/17/2020 at 11:34, riverwaters said:


Right? Ha. I’m day 4 on the shakes (10 days left) and I’m already over them. The good news is I’m down almost 8lbs - so I’m hoping I can lose 15 before surgery with them. Hopefully that will be enough so I can get my wedding ring off before surgery (otherwise I’ll have to cut it😢)

I hope you will be able to get it off as well. Fingers and toes crossed. We just have to take it one shake at a time. 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On 8/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, MoominMan said:

Having real trouble getting enough Water in. All my info says to continue drinking in small amounts (I think it says max 1oz at a time), how am I supposed to fit in 2 litres at that pace?!

When you get up in the morning instead of turning off your phone alarm hit snooze and all day try to get another ounce in each time it goes off. I read that protip from someone who is a couple years out. Some people use an apple watch and repeat timer on vibrate. Theres also workout timers like gym buddy that go off every ten. You might have to get up earlier to get it all in initially until you can drink a bit more ⏱

Edited by tarotcardreader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/17/2020 at 13:10, tarotcardreader said:






Hi I know what you mean about the shakes lol hopefully we will all be okay. Statistically only 1/200 to 1/500 die in the united states nationally so we got that low % death rate going for us! If we don’t do it then the comorbities get us five to ten years out 😆. Just letting you know others are worried and thinking about it too! Hope you post an update after your surgery 🍀


Appreciate you saying this and I will do my best to update afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone that has had the procedure doing?

Lots of people going in this week and next and sending good luck vibes to you all.

I'm currently Day 6/7 Post Op and feeling back to normal completely. Resumed my regular workouts and activity this past weekend just fine. Zero pain and I never experienced any gas pain. If I didn't have the incisions I would question if they even did anything?? I know this isn't everyone's experience but I do want to put it out there that it is possible. I was terrified before surgery of the pain and entire process.

At this point the only thing that is hard is the 2 week Protein Shake/ liquid diet only....ugh. One more week until I can incorporate soft foods and I can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi tarotcardreader!

My apologies, but I do not know how to respond to a direct question 😬
But, I sort of meal prepped for my pre-op. I followed the liver shrink diet given to me by the dietician. But it’s been difficult to drink 2 shakes a day, I did 1, ate a packet of tuna for lunch, plum and sugar free Gelatin for my Snacks and baked salmon or salmon veggie patties with roasted garlic for dinner.
With the addition of my anxiety, my appetite has been very low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corrine2020 said:

How is everyone that has had the procedure doing?

Lots of people going in this week and next and sending good luck vibes to you all.

I'm currently Day 6/7 Post Op and feeling back to normal completely. Resumed my regular workouts and activity this past weekend just fine. Zero pain and I never experienced any gas pain. If I didn't have the incisions I would question if they even did anything?? I know this isn't everyone's experience but I do want to put it out there that it is possible. I was terrified before surgery of the pain and entire process.

At this point the only thing that is hard is the 2 week Protein Shake/ liquid diet only....ugh. One more week until I can incorporate soft foods and I can't wait.

Thank you for this post. Really good to hear about your experience, it's helpful to know this is possible. My surgery is on Wednesday so tension building up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/17/2020 at 13:58, Lychee said:






Thank you for this post. Really good to hear about your experience, it's helpful to know this is possible. My surgery is on Wednesday so tension building up.


Sending you MANY good thoughts on Wednesday!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Corrine2020 said:

How is everyone that has had the procedure doing?

Lots of people going in this week and next and sending good luck vibes to you all.

I'm currently Day 6/7 Post Op and feeling back to normal completely. Resumed my regular workouts and activity this past weekend just fine. Zero pain and I never experienced any gas pain. If I didn't have the incisions I would question if they even did anything?? I know this isn't everyone's experience but I do want to put it out there that it is possible. I was terrified before surgery of the pain and entire process.

At this point the only thing that is hard is the 2 week Protein Shake/ liquid diet only....ugh. One more week until I can incorporate soft foods and I can't wait.

I’m 6 days post op too and idk if I can make it another week of just liquids 😩 I also can’t wait to add some soft foods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×