Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I figure if I gain or lose weight in the future, and don't like how it looks, then I will do whatever I am prepared to do at that time to address it then. Maybe I'll have to re-tool my diet/exercise to "re-fit" my skin, maybe I'll have another surgery, maybe I won't care. But TODAY, I am completely and totally happy with my decision to get what I got and the timeline it was performed. Bring on bikini season!!!

Do what makes YOU happy and what is in your means to do so.

Good Luck!

P.S. I am really excited for you though...PS is a GAME CHANGER.

Your PS results are my DREAM!! I haven't worn a bikini since I was in my 20s!!! Would be amazing to wear one again someday!!

banded 11/10/2009, TT w/MR and Lipo to flanks 3/2012 .... i never ever regretted it. Even after band removal 3/2017 and putting back 30lb in the 2.5 years with no WLS..... Sleeved 8/28/2019.... and i think the TT held up pretty good. Not perfect in my eyes, but my husband is not complaining and i can still wear a bikini....

I can’t edit my comment, I know it wasn’t directed at me personally. But I guess it seemed an unnecessary thing to say. Each person is different. Researching surgery and meeting with surgeons is not a bad thing. And it’s up to the surgeon to discuss what’s best for their patient. For me I don’t have more weight to lose, except for skin. My fluctuations are minimal. Gaining a few lbs post surgery is different. non bariatric people fluctuate in weight. I said I can’t interpret intent or exactly express my response very well. But just my impression. I just see the words “if people want to rush it” If I could go back and delete my comments I would do so since what I said was taken the wrong way and I get jumped on. I will say honestly, I don’t think I should be posting anything more or anything regarding my surgery.

I will leave it with what @ms.sss said. As I watch my health decline I want to grab it while I can ...

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

To each their own. One person's "rush" is another person's lifetime.

@Darktowerdream as with during weight loss, everyone and their mother will have an opinion on so many aspects of you: your decision to do wls (but its the easy way out!) how you look (you're too skinny!), what you should do (exercise now! its too early to exercise!), what you should eat (eat carbs! don't eat carbs!), and your decision to do plastics (its too early! you should see your excess skin as a badge of honour! just exercise it off!).

Take whatever opinions/advice that you want and leave the rest. Cuz really, the only opinion that really matters is yours.

...also I hope that you continue to share whatever aspects of your life you feel comfortable with ❤️

10 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

I can’t edit my comment, I know it wasn’t directed at me personally. But I guess it seemed an unnecessary thing to say.

If you don't want to hear other people's opinion about something - an internet board is the wrong place to be. Not everyone will be agreeing with you on everything.

Also you say you're at a stable weight and have only minimal fluctuations and claim to know it wasn't directed at you personally. So exactly what are you so upset about that you can't drop it?

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@Darktowerdream as with during weight loss, everyone and their mother will have an opinion on so many aspects of you: your decision to do wls (but its the easy way out!) how you look (you're too skinny!), what you should do (exercise now! its too early to exercise!), what you should eat (eat carbs! don't eat carbs!), and your decision to do plastics (its too early! you should see your excess skin as a badge of honour! just exercise it off!).

Take whatever opinions/advice that you want and leave the rest. Cuz really, the only opinion that really matters is yours.

...also I hope that you continue to share whatever aspects of your life you feel comfortable with ❤️

@ms.sss I just wanted to answer since you so kindly wrote this. You are very right. And people don’t quite think how different people are. Ie. Some people can tolerate carbs others can’t, etc.

I had someone tell me to exercise it off, most people can’t understand that a medical condition could exist that exercise can be damaging. Because the world sees it as healthy. It is, so I walk a fine line because I need to try to stay on my feet, mobile not bed bound at the same time exertion that most people take for granted is extremely taxing. Honestly this is compelling my pursuit of plastics now vs later. While I still can. Before my health declines too much that surgery isn’t an option anymore. It will be a challenge. But I will eat healthy, take supplements, and do everything I can. There isn’t any cure for what I have it’s not getting better. I want to see a body I never had and maybe even feel some small amount of confidence in it that this bullied autistic girl with chronic illness never got to have growing up.

on a lighter note. It’s weird I’ve avoided mirrors for so long especially out shopping. Not that I can go shopping these days but caught glimpse and still kind of don’t look and it’s like is that me? 🤣 ugh you are right though it’s hilarious they don’t talk about fat but skinny omg you are too skinny. I haven’t gotten that yet except my mom keeps saying I’m skinnier than her I’m like Mom you have muscles I don’t 😂 and an actual butt. She has always been thin. We ate basically the same foods, I gained weight she stayed the same ... actually I ate less carbs and calories and still gained. So I’m grateful for gastric bypass surgery for finally helping my efforts work.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, ChubRub said:

don't want to wait too long for a MMO, b/c I really want to rock a bikini and not look like an old lady! ha ha ha!!

Agreed with you ladies on not having to go back for additional surgeries! I want it all done at once!! I kind of even want a chin implant (I hate my small chin), if the surgeon would be willing to do it while I get the MMO!

@ChubRub sorry, I just realized we sort of hijacked your thread for a bit there...

But back to your PS obsession, lol: What is your MMO going to consist of? Have you decided? (I know different surgeons do different combinations of procedures and then label them MMO's...)

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

@ChubRub sorry, I just realized we sort of hijacked your thread for a bit there...

But back to your PS obsession, lol: What is your MMO going to consist of? Have you decided? (I know different surgeons do different combinations of procedures and then label them MMO's...)

Yes I’m sorry @ChubRub I will zip it 🤐 I’m curious what your dream procedures are too.

You ladies are both so sweet!! Please don't feel this is "my thread" though! Just hearing me talk about myself would get quite boring!! I like to hear about you guys too!

As for my procedure, I'm having a circumferential TT w/ 4 areas of Lipo (abdomen and flanks) with a BR/BL plus small implants. Losing weight has helped shrink my boobs, and I'm currently down to a 38DD. I'm hoping that as I lose weight I can get down to a 34 or 36 band size on my own. I want the squishy tissue and saggy skin removed, and then a small implant for upper pole fullness, with my dream breast size being a full C/small D.

I'm very excited, and my new hobby is looking in the mirror and moving my tummy flab around to see how flat I make it! LOL!!

Edited by ChubRub

So the circumferential TT is like a Lower Body Lift? (i.e, you get your a$$ lifted up as well?) The one cool thing about the TT that I have noticed (and others have mentioned it as well) is that you get the welcome side effect of the front of your thighs smoothing out a bit since they yank everything up! Your circumferential TT will likely have the same effect on the back of you thighs 😎#yay

As for the Breast Lift, the awesome thing about that is that (at least for me) all my side boob was removed. I used to have this "oozing of skin" out the arm hole openings of the tank tops. Not anymore! Though my boobs are smaller now than since puberty, I don't mind it one bit, LOL.

Don't forget to take before pics! A hobby you may very well form afterwards is showing people "before and after" collages...lol. And finding excuses to take off your clothes...lolololzzzz

Edited by ms.sss

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So the circumferential TT is like a lower body lift? (i.e, you get your a$$ lifted up as well?) The one cool thing about the TT that I have noticed (and others have mentioned it as well) is that you get the welcome side effect of the front of your thighs smoothing out a bit since they yank everything up! Your circumferential TT will likely have the same effect on the back of you thighs 😎#yay

As for the breast lift, the awesome thing about that is that (at least for me) all my side boob was removed. I used to have this "oozing of skin" out the arm hole openings of the tank tops. Not anymore! Though my boobs are smaller now than since puberty, I don't mind it one bit, LOL.

Don't forget to take before pics! A hobby you may very well form afterwards is showing people "before and after" collages...lol. And finding excuses to take off your clothes...lolololzzzz

Yes, it's the same thing as a LBL, my doc just uses different terminology. My upper thighs are saggy, so I'm hoping for that lift!! My booty is flat, and sadly will stay that way b/c the lift only flattens it even more, so I see lots of squats in my future!

Getting rid of side boob will be amazing! I still remember white Water rafting years ago and my side boobs were coming out of the arm holes of my life jacket! Yuck!

One mistake I made with WLS was not taking a "before" pic, so I will definitely make sure to have lots of before and after pics of PS!! LOL at finding excuses to take off your clothes!! Instead of pulling my shirt down all of the time to cover my flab, it might be nice to let it ride up a few inches if there is a nice flat tummy underneath!!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

My booty is flat, and sadly will stay that way b/c the lift only flattens it even more, so I see lots of squats in my future!

+1 for the squats

i hate them, but do a couple sets almost every day. And I believe i see a slight improvement on the booty! (VERY slight, lol)

On 05/24/2020 at 11:12, ChubRub said:

I'm still 36lbs away from my goal weight of 130, and once I get there, I might want to drop the goal to 120. I've just started researching plastic surgeons, joined some FB groups, and it's easy to become obsessed!! I'm obviously going to weight until I hit goal to start setting up any consults, but man I can't wait!!

I have 4 Miami surgeons that I'm interested in so far, but then I'll see someone else's photos and want to add their surgeon to my list!

Have you been on the RealSelf site or app? I’m only 2 1/2 weeks out after having gastric bypass, but a mommy makeover is on my list of to-do’s and I’m obsessed with that app.

9 hours ago, ChubRub said:

As for my procedure, I'm having a circumferential TT w/ 4 areas of Lipo (abdomen and flanks) with a BR/BL plus small implants. Losing weight has helped shrink my boobs, and I'm currently down to a 38DD. I'm hoping that as I lose weight I can get down to a 34 or 36 band size on my own. I want the squishy tissue and saggy skin removed, and then a small implant for upper pole fullness, with my dream breast size being a full C/small D.

That’s quite the goal and I can know how eager you feel to get there. Don’t bite but I honestly doubt you are a 38 band size and likely after the procedures even smaller. Admittedly I have a smaller rib cage even before losing weight. But this was an obsession of mine for a long while but true bra size is measuring directly underbust tight and make sure not to include breast tissue. But that’s your true band size. Every inch difference from your bust measurement (Measured slightly loose) is one cup size. Having the excess skin and lift will make bras fit so much better.

I haven’t thought enough about the augmentation aspect. Like you I can use fullness on top. I’ll have to try and remember that when I see the surgeon.

4 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Yes, it's the same thing as a LBL, my doc just uses different terminology. My upper thighs are saggy, so I'm hoping for that lift!! My booty is flat, and sadly will stay that way b/c the lift only flattens it even more, so I see lots of squats in my future!

My surgeon calls it belt lipectomy with butterfly lift. Although I’m also having a thigh lift. Because I have shar pei thighs. I get such bloody rashes Sometimes. I also have shar pei butt 🤣 Ain’t got no booty here. Sadly I can’t do squats ... (cant exercise)

I know they can transfer fat there but I didn’t consider that aspect I’ll just have to deal with no butt. funny looking back remembering I used to get bullied about my big butt and big boobs as a kid ...

what interesting conversation. You can do the Kim K. butt exercise routine I guess ...

On 6/2/2020 at 3:15 PM, BayougirlMrsS said:

banded 11/10/2009, TT w/MR and Lipo to flanks 3/2012 .... i never ever regretted it. Even after band removal 3/2017 and putting back 30lb in the 2.5 years with no WLS..... Sleeved 8/28/2019.... and i think the TT held up pretty good. Not perfect in my eyes, but my husband is not complaining and i can still wear a bikini....

Judging from your profile pic you can not only WEAR a bikini, but also ROCK a bikini!!!