Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🎈 Pity Party🎈

Okay so I’ll join in.
I never, ever realized that losing this much weight would make me look like half my face melted into my neck.

The one thing I had going for me pre WLS, was my tight skin around my jawline and i actually enjoyed having a round face.

Now I see this very long face with hanging jowels that slides into a turkey neck.

Not a good look and it makes me look waaaaaasy older than my husband who is 7 yrs older than me.

@Sheribear68 - I worry about this even more than loose stomach skin. At least I can hide that. I carry so much weight in my face/neck that I am pretty sure I will be joining the turkey neck club soon enough.

My surgery is tomorrow, and I was told I would get a last meal the day before. New policy just implemented. liquid only! .....daDaDAAAAA. Woe is me!

I guess after my post op diet will be that much sweeter!

On 02/05/2020 at 01:21, orange_lily said:

@Sheribear68 - I worry about this even more than loose stomach skin. At least I can hide that. I carry so much weight in my face/neck that I am pretty sure I will be joining the turkey neck club soon enough.

I wish I could tell you it will all be okay, but chances are it will not.

That being said, I would still choose this 100 out of 100 times.

I’m saving for face plastics and will follow through on that at least.
At the end of the day I can wear longer shorts and tops that cover the shar-pei skin on my butt, thighs, and abs (not sure how my arms escaped looking drapey, but they look okay for my age) , but my face is pretty much out there for anyone to see and it’s looking older by the month.

I don’t want anything radical like a nose job, or cheek implants.... I just wanna get the loose skin tidied up and to have a jawline again.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, Sophie7713 said:

OH NO, I hope you are not purging our twin pants suit?! I need to try it on again - SO much has changed since that date of November 7, 2019! Wow. And, here we are in February already... Three months later.

IMG_0141.jpeg

Oh no! I have't done a purge, yet, but the jumpsuit will survive!

I actually need to take your advice and head to the tailor and have the neckline augmented w the fabric from the belt. Post boob job, it's no longer work appropriate 😳

Today is my RNY surgiversary - that year went quick.

Today I also have a ton of head stuff that's come crashing down on me - I think PMS/perimenopause is also kicking my arse. I have been yo-yoing the same 5 lbs... this keeps happening. I will take a month or so of yo-yoing to lose a few pounds. There is no other reason than I am eating the wrong things/too much because I am battling years and years of food addiction (and shitty genetics). It's really REALLY doing my head in.

I have decided to try weight watchers... to just try to keep me accountable and on track. I don't know if this is a good idea or a bad idea but I'm going to give it a go because I am really scared that I am going to start gaining weight.

Anyway, if you haven't already guessed, I'm having a bit of a mini breakdown over here.

8 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

I wish I could tell you it will all be okay, but chances are it will not.

That being said, I would still choose this 100 out of 100 times.

I’m saving for face plastics and will follow through on that at least.
At the end of the day I can wear longer shorts and tops that cover the shar-pei skin on my butt, thighs, and abs (not sure how my arms escaped looking drapey, but they look okay for my age) , but my face is pretty much out there for anyone to see and it’s looking older by the month.

I don’t want anything radical like a nose job, or cheek implants.... I just wanna get the loose skin tidied up and to have a jawline again.

I think that is a great idea and goal!!! You are such a pretty woman with many years ahead to enjoy. You are right. Just like a front door is to our home, the face is to our bodies. Your face before the world is a worthy investment. When were are you thinking? This summer or fall in time for the holiday season? Keep remembering how adorable your elf outfit was this past Christmas...

I’m devastated. And I know it’s a first world devastation but it doesn’t take away from the depression I’m in now.

I’ve admitted I’m a shoe ***** but I also love clothes. Not trendy stuff but pieces that are different, special & not found in every shopping centre. Pieces that are never ‘out of fashion’.

One of my rewards for losing this weight was I would be able to fully indulge my passion for certain designers like I once could. I didn’t want a tattoo. I didn’t want to be able to run a marathon. I wanted a wardrobe of gorgeous clothes & to be able to wear high heels again. Superficial I know but it’s my addiction.

It’s like art to me. The fabrics, the cut, the designs are just so beautiful. They make me happy. I keep the pieces for ever & as I was losing this weight it was a joy to wear my old favourites again though these archived pieces are all too large for me now because I’m the smallest I’ve ever been.

Well, I just went to my favourite boutique (my dealer) to buy (get my fix) from the new seasons of three of my favourite designers (my drugs of choice) and NOTHING FIT. Absolutely nothing! The smallest sizes they had (size 38) were all too big. Some like hugely too big. I even put on the only size 36 they had, pants, & I could take them off without undoing the button or zip. WTF!?!?

I did have trouble when shopping in Melbourne last month but this was the lowest point.

I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I’m going to have to visit net-a-porter but virtual shopping isnt the same as physically touching & trying the clothes on in a store. More tears. 😭

51 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

I’m devastated. And I know it’s a first world devastation but it doesn’t take away from the depression I’m in now.

I’ve admitted I’m a shoe ***** but I also love clothes. Not trendy stuff but pieces that are different, special & not found in every shopping centre. Pieces that are never ‘out of fashion’.

One of my rewards for losing this weight was I would be able to fully indulge my passion for certain designers like I once could. I didn’t want a tattoo. I didn’t want to be able to run a marathon. I wanted a wardrobe of gorgeous clothes & to be able to wear high heels again. Superficial I know but it’s my addiction.

It’s like art to me. The fabrics, the cut, the designs are just so beautiful. They make me happy. I keep the pieces for ever & as I was losing this weight it was a joy to wear my old favourites again though these archived pieces are all too large for me now because I’m the smallest I’ve ever been.

Well, I just went to my favourite boutique (my dealer) to buy (get my fix) from the new seasons of three of my favourite designers (my drugs of choice) and NOTHING FIT. Absolutely nothing! The smallest sizes they had (size 38) were all too big. Some like hugely too big. I even put on the only size 36 they had, pants, & I could take them off without undoing the button or zip. WTF!?!?

I did have trouble when shopping in Melbourne last month but this was the lowest point.

I’m experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I’m going to have to visit net-a-porter but virtual shopping isnt the same as physically touching & trying the clothes on in a store. More tears. 😭

I hear ya. I have long ago sized out of lots of (women's) brands myself.

I don't know how you feel about these but: (a) some designers do children's clothes AND/OR (b) Asian designers have smaller starting points...

...there is also a good tailor or custom clothes designer?

But yeah, feels sh*tty to lose all the weight, be excited to wear clothes and then nothing effing fits.

On 02/05/2020 at 18:46, Sophie7713 said:

I think that is a great idea and goal!!! You are such a pretty woman with many years ahead to enjoy. You are right. Just like a front door is to our home, the face is to our bodies. Your face before the world is a worthy investment. When were are you thinking? This summer or fall in time for the holiday season? Keep remembering how adorable your elf outfit was this past Christmas...

Thanks so much! Those kind words have totally made my day.

The timing will depend both on when I can get the funds saved, and how much time I will need off, which will ultimately depend on which procedure I choose.

It’s almost impossible to take any time off in the winter months, but with LOA I could probably swing it.
Fingers crossed that I’ll be able to have it done early January 2021.
Lots of floaters are looking for hours, bc nobody wants to take vacay in January so I’m betting I’d have an easier time asking for time off then.

double post

Edited by ms.sss

On 1/30/2020 at 5:18 PM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Anyways as far as pineapple juice goes have either one of you @ms.sss @GreenTealael tried pineapple Water? When my step mom is bloated she will boil pineapple cinnamon sticks and cloves and then drink it cold, sometimes even hot. You can add a sweetener or not but it usually helps her. Not the same as being swollen from surgery but maybe it could work ?

Ok, so I bought a pineapple at costco the other day (they were on sale!) and made 2 HUGE batches of pineapple Water.

I tried it hot, but seem to prefer it cold, so I poured the pineapple water into all these empty kombucha drink bottles we had and they are taking up a good portion of the fridge with them. I probably have about 3-4 weeks worth. Yikes.

I'm on day 3 of drinking it (1 bottle a day) and don't see any swell decrease, but I have been waiting for my period to come so there is that...

*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

#atLeastItTastesGood

P.S. I made the mistake of eating some of the actual pineapple an got a really bad dumping episode.

P.P.S. Ingredients: Pineapple rind, pineapple core, ginger root, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, turmeric, five spice, cayenne, erythritol-stevia blend.

A64CAF88-FD27-444F-B441-8A340C40F5F1.thumb.JPG.c3319abc364f5fe86bbb14b0928d375e.JPG

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so I bought a pineapple at costco the other day (they were on sale!) and made 2 HUGE batches of pineapple Water.

I tried it hot, but seem to prefer it cold, so I poured the pineapple Water into all these empty kombucha drink bottles we had and they are taking up a good portion of the fridge with them. I probably have about 3-4 weeks worth. Yikes.

I'm on day 3 of drinking it (1 bottle a day) and don't see any swell decrease, but I have been waiting for my period to come so there is that...

*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

#atLeastItTastesGood

P.S. I made the mistake of eating some of the actual pineapple an got a really bad dumping episode.

P.P.S. Ingredients: Pineapple rind, pineapple core, ginger root, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, turmeric, five spice, cayenne, erythritol-stevia blend.

A64CAF88-FD27-444F-B441-8A340C40F5F1.thumb.JPG.c3319abc364f5fe86bbb14b0928d375e.JPG

It looks delicious! I need to try it with the turmeric and star anise. I really hope it works for you. :)