Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🎈 Pity Party🎈



Recommended Posts

On 01/18/2020 at 13:07, GreenTealael said:






He came with me for surgery and received all my post op instructions while I was *impaired* & he plans to follow the rules for my safety 😭


Sounds like a keeper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Hey! You shouldn't talk about me like that!!!😉

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

That was me also prior to plastics 😂

S.A.M.E
S.A.M.E
S.A.M.E

My boob lift results remains my favourite of my procedures so far. Highly recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

S.A.M.E
S.A.M.E
S.A.M.E

My boob lift results remains my favourite of my procedures so far. Highly recommend.

Honey, it'll take a huge building crane to lift those puppies up where they oughta be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are at the same party. Meet me at the bar.
  • I had a flatter stomach and smaller thighs BEFORE this Tummy Tuck, sigh.
  • My pants are tight, sigh.
  • My right boob looks bigger than my left at the moment, sigh.
  • I have resorted to stuffing my compression garment and armpits with ice packs, cuz my boobs and armpit incisions have started to ache lately, sigh.
IMG_6847.thumb.jpg.5a5cb186e1b0412fc979104abcd64d38.jpg
This totally makes me giggle. Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it's at your expense. [emoji8]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a haircut for a big anniversary do that people will be at that I’ve not seen for years. Before my 120 lb loss. I said ‘please cut it to my shoulders’. It’s two inches above that... just below my jaw. I’m gutted. FML.
Oh no. That sux. No doubt your post belongs in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOOOH, I’ll join!
Since surgery I have low blood pressure, so any time I bend over, do yoga, get up from a seated/lying position I get dizzy and faint. I passed out gardening.
I wanna work in my garden, dammit! And now that I’m smaller and there’s less pudge in the way, I wanna do yoga! And planks, and all the things.
*kicks rocks, carefully and from a fully upright position to avoid passing out*
I've been getting dizzy and fainting every once in a while too. In fact just tonight I fell to the floor, hit my head, and hurt my tailbone so much that I can only lie on my side for it not to hurt. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal my whole life. I wonder if now it's dipped into the below normal. Hmmm. But if that's the case then it should have come up in at least one of my appts that I have with different Drs over the past year and a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piggybacking off of my previous post.... Losing all my extra padding on my butt sure makes it hurt so much more when I fall on my tailbone. Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rs said:

I've been getting dizzy and fainting every once in a while too. In fact just tonight I fell to the floor, hit my head, and hurt my tailbone so much that I can only lie on my side for it not to hurt. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal my whole life. I wonder if now it's dipped into the below normal. Hmmm. But if that's the case then it should have come up in at least one of my appts that I have with different Drs over the past year and a half.

Ok, I know this is a pity party, and we are not looking for solutions, just a place to vent, but the fixer in me can't help it:

I have a home machine that I regularly check my BP on. And whenever I go to a drugstore or supermarket, I go test myself at those BP machines they have (I actually love them like kids like those old coin operated rides, lol).

Anyhoo, I notice that whenever I get my blood pressure taken with a doc/nurse/technician in some "professional" setting, more often than not, the BP higher than when I take elsewhere. My doc attributes this to nerves, and will often take a second reading at the end of the appt, which, more often than not, will be lower than the first reading.

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2020 at 6:54 PM, froufrou said:

Had a haircut for a big anniversary do that people will be at that I’ve not seen for years. Before my 120 lb loss. I said ‘please cut it to my shoulders’. It’s two inches above that... just below my jaw. I’m gutted. FML.

Ahh that sucks! I recently had a horrible hair accident too.

I was in the kitchen washing my container out and my stepmom had Soup boiling on the stove. I walked past the stove extremely fast to put my container away then all of a sudden I started to smell something burn. I wasn't sure what it was and I looked quick to see if it was her soup. I then saw lots of smoke and out of the nowhere my dad yelled "YOUR HAIR!!" and yep.... my hair was on fire... :337_fire::337_fire::337_fire:

I have longish hair and it must have caught fire when I walked by the stove. My parents came running and started hitting my head and my stepmom grabbed Water and threw it at me. It was all very surreal. I lost a couple inches of hair on one side and on the other its slightly thinner. Luckily you cant tell but I can clearly feel and see the difference.

Oh and this happened a day before my birthday... 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Ahh that sucks! I recently had a horrible hair accident too.

I was in the kitchen washing my container out and my stepmom had Soup boiling on the stove. I walked past the stove extremely fast to put my container away then all of a sudden I started to smell something burn. I wasn't sure what it was and I looked quick to see if it was her Soup. I then saw lots of smoke and out of the nowhere my dad yelled "YOUR HAIR!!" and yep.... my hair was on fire... :337_fire::337_fire::337_fire:

I have longish hair and it must have caught fire when I walked by the stove. My parents came running and started hitting my head and my stepmom grabbed Water and threw it at me. It was all very surreal. I lost a couple inches of hair on one side and on the other its slightly thinner. Luckily you cant tell but I can clearly feel and see the difference.

Oh and this happened a day before my birthday... 🙄

HOLY CRAP. There is no appropriate emjoi for your post!!!

Glad you are ok! The smell must have been HORRIBLE.

Hair on fire is like one of my biggest nightmares (that and getting eaten by sharks or stung by a swarm of bees)

Did you cut it afterwards? (the hair, I mean)

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in a hospital lab and in the old days we measured potassium on an instrument called a flame photometer. As the name implies, there is fire involved. Well, we were having trouble getting the flame lit, and as I was looking down the instrument to see if there were any blockages my coworker tried yet again to light the flame. Well, a HUGE fireball exploded right in my face. Burnt off my eyebrows and eyelashes without burning my skin. So I am familiar with that burnt hair smell. This happened about 40 years ago, and I can still remember the way my eyebrows smelled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

HOLY CRAP. There is no appropriate emjoi for your post!!!

Glad you are ok! The smell must have been HORRIBLE.

hair on fire is like one of my biggest nightmares (that and getting eaten by sharks or stung by a swarm of bees)

Did you cut it afterwards? (the hair, I mean)

LOL i tried to look for an emoji while I was writing it and didnt find an appropriate one either.

Thanks, me too! It smelled so bad and there was so much smoke I couldnt believe how quick it was moving up my hair. If it wasnt for my parentsitf would have reached the top of my scalp. Thank God I have no bald spots. I would have cried my eyes out.

:o those are pretty bad fears! Mines is rats and mice. Uhh cant stand them!

I ended up cutting the dead/burnt ends myself but I havent went to the salon yet. Im afraid they're going to cut my hair too short. Not sure if I should just leave it and let it grow or make it into layers so you cant tell.

Decisions, decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! That is a helluva story, MarvelGirl25. I’m glad you are okay!

I’d probably go to the salon, if you have a hairdresser you like? The nice thing about hair is that it DOES grow out.

I’m seriously considering shaving it off (or mostly off) at the beginning of summer. I’ve never done that look, but I like it a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

LOL i tried to look for an emoji while I was writing it and didnt find an appropriate one either.

Thanks, me too! It smelled so bad and there was so much smoke I couldnt believe how quick it was moving up my hair. If it wasnt for my parentsitf would have reached the top of my scalp. Thank God I have no bald spots. I would have cried my eyes out.

:o those are pretty bad fears! Mines is rats and mice. Uhh cant stand them!

I ended up cutting the dead/burnt ends myself but I havent went to the salon yet. Im afraid they're going to cut my hair too short. Not sure if I should just leave it and let it grow or make it into layers so you cant tell.

Decisions, decisions

From what I recall from a pic you posted at the hospital, you have like awesome Rapunzel-length hair, yes?

You could probably afford to cut off just a little bit, lol (so it doesn't look like you have split ends)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×