Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🎈 Pity Party🎈



Recommended Posts

Double holy crap @MarvelGirl25. As Angiebear said at least your hair will regrow. You were so lucky it wasn’t worse. I agree - go to a salon and get it trimmed plus you get the added benefits of a lovely head massage when they wash your hair - great to relieve the stress of the experience.

OMG @JRTMom. Can’t believe you lost your brows & lashes. Workplace health & safety would have had a field day with that.

Yep, @ms.sss I’ve been told that your BP will be higher at your Dr’s surgery too because you’re consciously or subconsciously anxious about the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Ahh that sucks! I recently had a horrible hair accident too.

I was in the kitchen washing my container out and my stepmom had Soup boiling on the stove. I walked past the stove extremely fast to put my container away then all of a sudden I started to smell something burn. I wasn't sure what it was and I looked quick to see if it was her Soup. I then saw lots of smoke and out of the nowhere my dad yelled "YOUR HAIR!!" and yep.... my hair was on fire... :337_fire::337_fire::337_fire:

I have longish hair and it must have caught fire when I walked by the stove. My parents came running and started hitting my head and my stepmom grabbed Water and threw it at me. It was all very surreal. I lost a couple inches of hair on one side and on the other its slightly thinner. Luckily you cant tell but I can clearly feel and see the difference.

Oh and this happened a day before my birthday... 🙄

😭😭 we need hair saga updates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pity party continues...

I went dress shopping yesterday to ease my pain of not being able to wear pants comfortably yet and ended up coming home with 3 dresses...all of which I am returning cuz after modelling them to the Kid, she pointed out they are too big.

I was so excited at the store trying them on because my tummy didn't look huge (to me) in them, that I failed to notice they were to kinda big in other places. Duh.

I am returning them this afternoon and am very sad because I know they didn't have any of these in smaller sizes. Whaaa.

:57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry:

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

The pity party continues...

I went dress shopping yesterday to ease my pain of not being able to wear pants comfortably yet and ended up coming home with 3 dresses...all of which I am returning cuz after modelling them to the Kid, she pointed out they are too big.

I was so excited at the store trying them on because my tummy didn't look huge (to me) in them, that I failed to notice they were to kinda big in other places. Duh.

I am returning them this afternoon and am very sad because I know they didn't have any of these in smaller sizes. Whaaa.

:57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry::57_cry:

🌈SEWING MACHINE🌈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AngieBear I bet you would look like a bad ass with a shaved head! I've always thought about shaving my head too but I have a big head so I know it wouldnt look good lol

@ms.sss @Arabesque @GreenTealael

My hair is kinda long so i think i can afford to cut it but it just breaks my heart. I usually just cut the ends every year and that's it so getting it cut shorter scares me. I've never even highlighted or dyed my hair, its a virgin. I was hoping to grow it out more and then get highlights once I lost weight. Ill keep you all updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MarvelGirl25 said:

@AngieBear I bet you would look like a bad ass with a shaved head! I've always thought about shaving my head too but I have a big head so I know it wouldnt look good lol

@ms.sss @Arabesque @GreenTealael

My hair is kinda long so i think i can afford to cut it but it just breaks my heart. I usually just cut the ends every year and that's it so getting it cut shorter scares me. I've never even highlighted or dyed my hair, its a virgin. I was hoping to grow it out more and then get highlights once I lost weight. Ill keep you all updated!

A really good stylist maybe able to retain your length with some strategically placed layers 💚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

🌈SEWING MACHINE🌈

Sadly, I am not skilled in this way...I'd have to pay someone to do it, and adding the cost of that to the dress just doesn't make it worth it anymore.

I returned the dresses and went shoe shopping to fill the void. I found these suede green babies and put them on hold for later cuz I was emotional-shopping and need to decide if I really want them when I'm less irritated...

IMG_6865.thumb.jpg.e4075993d41b09e7574775f4174980f9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, AngieBear said:

Whoa! That is a helluva story, MarvelGirl25. I’m glad you are okay!

I’d probably go to the salon, if you have a hairdresser you like? The nice thing about hair is that it DOES grow out.

I’m seriously considering shaving it off (or mostly off) at the beginning of summer. I’ve never done that look, but I like it a lot.

During chemo 9 years ago, I of course started losing my hair, so I just shaved It then waxed it to get it over with. I have to say it is SUCH a weird feeling at first and kind of freeing.

if you want to give it a go I agree Summer would be best. I lost my hair in winter and I was not prepared for how cold my head was at night! I bought those under-armor stretchy caps to keep warm. Also be prepared to find out you might have a funky skull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I have to say it is SUCH a weird feeling at first and kind of freeing.

It does sound oddly liberating, though doesn't it? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly! I dunno why, I’m just feeling rebellious about social norms. It’s totally related to shrinking to a “normal” size, though.

Edited by AngieBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skin and bone.

Specifically, in the sitting place. If I sit on the floor now at the gym it HURTS. I never expected that. Though my butt still LOOKS plenty padded. Have thin people always dealt with that? I was chubby even as a kid so I have no clue.

Also, I get there's a general loosening of skin. Totally expected. But the loosening of skin in the booty area has resulted in a constant pinching sensation when I'm sitting. Is that just me? When I go to rowing class I need to use chafing cream to ensure I don't end up with... er... cheeky friction burns.

Other bones are making themselves known, too. Curling up to sleep in the fetal position, my knee bones bang against each other now.

Who knew bones were such an intrusive thing??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've generally been feeling good, and in anticipation of getting cleared for free-reign exercise this afternoon at my 6 wk PS post op appt, I put on my running shoes (not boots this time) and a nice solid sports bra for a real RUN around the neighbourhood for the first time in a looooooooong time.

Result: Running Fail.

I barely did 2km and had to stop cuz my boobs started to ache again. Dammit.

It's been about 30 mins since that stupid run and my boobs still hurt. What was I thinking. Geez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2020 at 1:43 PM, ms.sss said:

Sadly, I am not skilled in this way...I'd have to pay someone to do it, and adding the cost of that to the dress just doesn't make it worth it anymore.

I returned the dresses and went shoe shopping to fill the void. I found these suede green babies and put them on hold for later cuz I was emotional-shopping and need to decide if I really want them when I'm less irritated...

IMG_6865.thumb.jpg.e4075993d41b09e7574775f4174980f9.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

871848616_giphy(2).gif.8b075ec4ad48454b9e604a20e1be1976.gif

I forgot that surgery can mess with your hormones/mentrual cycle so I now I'm feeling cycle symptoms again wondering if my new hips and larger than expected cup size will disappear soon.

1304302364_giphy(3).gif.42c261e7647c7fc2ce1e51ae42a0d4a0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the sore bones club @darcyjae. My butt aches all the time. At the movies, driving, at the hairdresser. I often wake because the shoulder I was sleeping on is aching. And my elbows pain when reading my iPad in bed... who knew?!?!

Oww @ms.sss. Sounds like you need a little more healing time before you start longer distances. Being extra blessed by God (big breasted), I always disliked running. Didn’t matter how industrial my sports bra was & the two extra tight support sports tops I wore over the top, the pain from the boob bounce was terrible. I can only imagine what it’s like after surgery. PS - loved those boots.

The one blessing of being menopausal no more PMS @GreenTealael even post surgery. Not that those symptoms are a breeze. Though with the weight loss most of my symptoms have disappeared. I may have had a hot flush last week but it could have been the very high humidity we’ve been having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×