Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Travel day

This pic made me realize these boots have crossed over from too big to ridiculous. (they were much better at the end of last winter when I was at the same weight, I swear!) Going to have to retire them. Makes me sad because they are so comfortable, I can walk miles in them. I have a tough time finding shoes that are comfortable for winter travel.

IMG_7655.thumb.jpg.d5b464eee7334f766a97077613aad84d.jpg

They are super cute boots, though! Maybe just wear them over legwarmers? Like an arctic Flashdance character? 😂

Edited by AngieBear

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

I want that belt.

Me too. It’s awesome.

I’m dressed pretty conservatively today. But really it’s about the cute Madewell spotted booties I scored at the thrift store this weekend.

5E7CF3BF-266D-4710-ADA6-4035C3586904.thumb.jpeg.0f9f00fa45e7c8a0a7a3e256a2ab74a1.jpeg

Edited by AngieBear

Woops

Edited by AngieBear

27 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

I’m dressed pretty conservatively today. But really it’s about the cute Madewell spotted booties I scored at the thrift store this weekend.

5E7CF3BF-266D-4710-ADA6-4035C3586904.thumb.jpeg.0f9f00fa45e7c8a0a7a3e256a2ab74a1.jpeg

I think this is my fave outfit of yours to date. It is verrrry flattering and slimming on you (also I love black and neutral colours so I'm a little biased, lol)

On 10/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, GreenTealael said:

Ok. Do y'all have the mental space to let me vent about a completely ridiculous WLS first world problem?

Yeah? Great !

I *needed* a new coat. (Long-ish story but my wonderful Cole Haan coat that is dry clean only - I washed/dryed multiple times which is not usually a problem but ... I left it in the dryer too long and it shrunk. Oops 😔

So one of my daughters will get it unless I lose 15lbs) I went shopping and these are the coats/sizes/ranges I tried on:

Smalls- which were just right or too big

Mediums- which were too small or too big.

Larges- which were slightly loose or too big

No rhyme or reason to sizing these days

Here are are some of the abysmal results:

20191024_143116_HDR.thumb.jpg.ff89aad702eab816c4c8ba618ddd120f.jpg

20191024_142911_HDR.thumb.jpg.d8a72191dbe6d6f87d47c1eba2d90c80.jpg

20191024_143015_HDR.thumb.jpg.c50c0167ed7de43214f1877c3c56ef1e.jpg

Side not: why the **** does this fitting room have a Michael Westmore FX lighting budget... I look like a Ferengi?!?! Whatevs 😒

So I went to a different store and did finally find something to make sense of all this sizing madness. This is a medium, which is my true size these days. I also bought high riding boot because FOMO 😂

PhotoEditor_20191027_152826357.thumb.jpg.55aae50548851046a7d7353a25190751.jpg

LOVE the coat and boots! The boots make you look 10 feet tall! Look out NYC! And, let the snow flakes fall... ;]

My favorite button up sailor dress jeans revealed! I purchased them on sale this past summer in a very extra small size 8, at least for me. I can hardly believe they are fitting today, and a little loose in the behind. The belt much too large - took to the cobbler's today. My attempt at a Fall outfit (still in the 90's here) with a twice taken in blouse wearing my great-grandmother's cameo. Sort of an Out of Africa movie state of mind... For those in cooler climes do send a colorful leaf peeping picture with yourself. Really miss the crispy Fall change of season. :[

IMG_0092.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

My favorite button up sailor dress jeans revealed! I purchased them on sale this past summer in a very extra small size 8, at least for me. I can hardly believe they are fitting today, and a little loose in the behind. The belt much too large - took to the cobbler's today. My attempt at a Fall outfit (still in the 90's here) with a twice taken in blouse wearing my great-grandmother's cameo. Sort of an Out of Africa movie state of mind... For those in cooler climes do send a colorful leaf peeping picture with yourself. Really miss the crispy Fall change of season. :[

IMG_0092.jpeg

Adorbs!

Edited by ms.sss

10 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I think this is my fave outfit of yours to date. It is verrrry flattering and slimming on you (also I love black and neutral colours so I'm a little biased, lol)

Thank you! I’ve been really into the neutrals this fall. I’m trying out the whole capsule wardrobe thing, so I’ve been pretty strategic about what I’m buying right now. Neutrals are playing a big part in this experiment.

Oh, and I was very naughty today. I spent way too much money on some tall boots. But they fit, so I had no choice! For reals, this is HUGE. I’ve lusted over tall boots for years and never been able to wear them. The ones I bought have laces up the back, so they can adjust as I lose.

7 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

IMG_0092.jpeg

This is ADORABLE. And I love the belt.

And here is your leaf peeping pic. For full effect, please note how bundled up I am because of how COLD it is.

D34B3DBF-7A53-489E-BCDD-0BDB3D0E82D2.thumb.jpeg.dd21117b3704745cfd3c9a978cc50282.jpeg