Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

02FE9761-721A-44E3-B09D-8671E8A7EF04.jpeg

B7A821D3-C5B6-445A-9A9F-5BE8407CC29B.jpeg

• Day 8: Ready for the day. Going to get a run in. Doing high knees now to warm up.
  • The small things that get me excited: Being able to get up and get a run in without aches and pains.👟:rolleyes:

Day 8: The small things that get me excited - going on a walk and NOT feeling my thighs rub together. They still touch, but there's no chafing. Win!

Small things that make me happy:

Clean sheets, exact change, polite people, finding the perfect underwear, a new easy recipe, finishing the laundry and having all the socks accounted for. Today it’s remembering I have awesome leftovers in the fridge waiting for me! Those are just a few I thought of off the top of my head.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do to workout today. I wish I had someone to play tennis with, I feel like being outside. I will probably go to the gym late afternoon after putzing around the yard. I haven’t done high knees in years, wish me luck!

@DeeberLee I haven’t got the courage to run, good for you!

6/8:

Little things that make me insanely excited

1. coffee brewed correctly 🙌

2. Coming home after a long journey

3. My Children although not little anymore 💝

4. The kosher/vegan sigh on foods i want to eat

5. Clean laundry 🏆

6. Ridiculous parties with family

7. Accepting community of online friends 😍

Catching up:

7. Did mountain climbers and one of the things I learned this week is that I LOVE Paris tea!

8. Did high steps and little things that get me excited is seeing my dogs happy, listening to my cats purr, a freshly clean house, my lawn mowed and plants planted, and a zillion things! :)

Nearly forgot the B-side: I want to go back to Peru to go to Cusco and Machu Pichu. I want to go back to England and Scotland to visit old haunts and find new ones. I'd like to go to Paris and Italy. In winter, I long for warm seas and sunny beaches.

Edited by seaforest

8 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Small things that make me happy:

Clean sheets, exact change, polite people, finding the perfect underwear, a new easy recipe, finishing the laundry and having all the socks accounted for. Today it’s remembering I have awesome leftovers in the fridge waiting for me! Those are just a few I thought of off the top of my head.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do to workout today. I wish I had someone to play tennis with, I feel like being outside. I will probably go to the gym late afternoon after putzing around the yard. I haven’t done high knees in years, wish me luck!

@DeeberLee I haven’t got the courage to run, good for you!

My favorite quote is, " Always do what you're afraid to do." I have this posted practically everywhere in the house! I don't have my weight to "hide" behind anymore. So I'm making myself do things that I've never had the courage to do before.

Well it may be cheaper than Department store Art, and if it helps, more power to YOU!❤

#9. Identify sources of pain. I’m guessing they mean emotional pain. I’ll keep it simple. Feeling alone and realizing I believe I deserve less.

If we are referring to physical pain, then it’s my feet.

Lunges today, if anyone has tips on how to do them in a less awkward fashion, please let me know.

9. Happy sunny day! Um, right now my pain is in my butt muscles. (Laughing at myself just now as I discovered the reading glasses I was looking for tucked in my t-shirt.) I don't seem be able to identify any other pain right now except for the anxiety regarding my mother's impending visit and my housekeeping skills. Sigh. I have to finish mowing the lawn, do some more cleaning, and somewhere in there, I'll do the lunges. Right now though, outside beckons.

Edited by seaforest

4 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

if anyone has tips on how to do them in a less awkward fashion, please let me know.

a long time ago a trainer said to aim to keep my weight over my heels and to look straight ahead, if that helps...

6/9:

Source of pain

1. Head neck back

2. Firefly cancelled after 1 season

3. fruit pastry not is a cal free food

4. WOW Airlines collapsing before a trip to Iceland

5. coffee brewed poorly

6. Past heartbreak, I want my money back...

7. My period lasting 7 days or more

8. Winter

Yah one of those home shopping networks with a courtesy card. I owed them a small amount, missed a payment and now they keep adding a service charge. I am more than willing to remit the small amount owed not the hundreds they are trying to " Highway Rob" from me! I am a fair person,they are not! Curses on you, Comedity!

Source of my pain? I have been so sluggish and sleepy the last couple of weeks. Diet, low Iron, or my cats waking me up in the middle of the night to beg for pets and treats? Probably all of the above. I'm getting blood tests in a couple of weeks but in the meantime I'm trying to get more Protein and B Vitamins (for some reason I have just not been in a meat mood lately) and I need to kick those little assholes out of my bedroom at night. :P