Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

19 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

OMG... That could be a novella 💖

I've considered writing it many times. I told myself I would wait until after they had both passed. Grandma passed a number of years ago and Grandpa passed away last fall. I guess the time has come.

Run and weight circuit day.

5. I’m always afraid of failing or not being liked by others. I get a little better at quieting my inner critic but it’s not easy.

I had my first consult today. Surgeon thinks roux en y is best due to lifelong gerd issues, although some concern regarding my previous abdominal surgeries. I’m somewhat overwhelmed by all there is to do but I think the June goal I most need support with is giving up Diet Coke. I’m very addicted to it.
Glad to be here with all of you!

6B382DDA-F4E0-498B-BC25-B866EA58F19D.jpeg

49D6D53C-2CCB-4C02-BE98-1DCF6DA6D7F8.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Libby63 said:

I had my first consult today. Surgeon thinks roux en y is best due to lifelong gerd issues, although some concern regarding my previous abdominal surgeries. I’m somewhat overwhelmed by all there is to do but I think the June goal I most need support with is giving up Diet Coke. I’m very addicted to it.

Hi Libby and welcome to the boards! I think you might be looking for one of the June surgery threads.

This particular thread is a challenge thread (we commit to certain goals each month and cheer each other on). You absolutely are more than welcome to hang out with us and participate in our June challenges (see Cheesburgh's post above), but if you are looking for more general RNY/Bypass discussions you might want to check the Gastric Bypass board or the General WLS Discussion board.

Best of luck with your journey! Hope it all goes smoothly for you! :)

50 minutes ago, Libby63 said:

Welcome! Pre-op welcome too, I had a really hard time getting started my first month of navigating everything.

Hi everybody! My surgery date was 5/29/18.

Day 1: Right now, I am feeling disappointed, in both the surgery and myself. I've actually felt this way for months! I'm trying to save myself from defeat.

So, my 2 goals this month:

1. 30 minutes of cardio each day
  2. Tracking for accountability

This is my first challenge. Yay!

Edited by Uterno

• Day #6. Up early getting a quick walk in, then to do situps. My least favorite exercise! I have a baby stomach! She does not like sit ups!😂
  • Identify things that deplete your energy: Negativity and worry. Two big issues with me. The negative people who say in a " kind" way. Most people regain their lost weight. Thanks for that vote of confidence. Then I worry that it's true. I keep telling myself, prove them wrong.

8 hours ago, Uterno said:

Hi everybody! My surgery date was 5/29/18.

Day 1: Right now, I am feeling disappointed, in both the surgery and myself. I've actually felt this way for months! I'm trying to save myself from defeat.

So, my 2 goals this month:

1. 30 minutes of cardio each day
  2. Tracking for accountability

This is my first challenge. Yay!

Welcome! today is always a great day to start, you’ve got this!

6/6:

Things that deplete my energy

1. The weather patterns... Sign

2. Dealing with difficult people

3. Dealing with difficult situations

4. Making list 😂

I'm working on changing my responses to all the stimuli

#6. Things that deplete my energy:

1. Sitting too much -- I've got to move around during the day or my energy goes in the crapper

2. Shopping -- Ugh, I hate it. I try to do as much shopping as I can online.

3. dinner with my mother-in-law. The less said the better. :P

Sit ups done! (I'm very proud of myself for participating in this part of the challenge, very unlike me! 😛)

What depletes my energy:

Like @GreenTealael, the weather. I need sunshine. May Grey & June Gloom get me down :(

People's drama! I'm at a point in my personal life that it's 100% drama free. But I can't weed out work drama as effectively unfortunately! I just have no patience for it, and I'm not good at hiding it.

On 06/06/2019 at 09:39, sillykitty said:

Sit ups done! (I'm very proud of myself for participating in this part of the challenge, very unlike me! 😛)

What depletes my energy:

Like @GreenTealael, the weather. I need sunshine. May Grey & June Gloom get me down :(

People's drama! I'm at a point in my personal life that it's 100% drama free. But I can't weed out work drama as effectively unfortunately! I just have no patience for it, and I'm not good at hiding it.

I can totally relate to all of this!
As I sit here watching pouring down rain —yet again— on my only day off this week and see my poor swimming pool fill up -yet again-with brackish Water, I feel as if another day of my life is just being wasted.
I wanted so badly to walk outside and will be trapped inside yet again.

Sadly I’m working 12 hour shifts the next 3 days in a row and have -for what seems like the millionth time this spring- lost any opportunity to do anything fun.

6. Seems I can't do situps but I did 25 crunches. Things that deplete my energy are...hmmm...negativity in my personal life is top of the list. BSide Time Machine question....there are so many places where I wonder what would have happened if this or that but would I be the me I am now if things had been different? I wish someone had said to me that I was fine as I was, that I didn't have to lose weight, back in my teen years. Also, dating and boyfriends aren't as important as loving yourself. That would've been nice.

Depletes my energy: Drama people, confrontations, and being inactive for over an hour are my big 3. I also get worn down and overwhelmed when I let my kitchen or laundry pile up. I have to try and stay on top of it despite my hatred of cleaning.

I had a regular Dr. appointment today so instead of the gym I went for a 45 minute walk. I plan on going out again after dinner, we finally have decent weather here. Sorry @Sheribear68 !

I feel like the every other day gym thing is working for me this week mentally.

Much to my surprise I lost another pound and I am now only about a half a pound from my first goal weight. I won’t feel I’m there until my weight is consistent for a week. I tend to float up & down 1-2 pounds a week or so while my body adjusts.