Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Oh man, I may quit the fitness part of the challenge, or at least pick and choose. I'm too far behind and catching up might just kill me! :unsure:

I have though been walking, a lot (for me). I'm also maintaining below 130. So I'm still considering myself mostly on track for this challenge!

Action shot of me hiking from this weekend!

IMG_6115.jpg.thumb.png.bfe91b8257f92050e507e5d6b9fe4bd4.png

Listen... These fitness components are tough 😳

Check in 6/18/2019 Maintaining - Challenge starting weight 139- Goal for this month is to lose 4 pounds of bounce range.

• 6/17 138 still at the high end of my bounce range but back on plan. Long run and lifting today. Company is gone and my schedule is back to normal.
  • 6/18 137 Summer social events were worth the gain. working it down

18 - decluttering the nonphysical - Spiritual moment - quieting my mind while soaking in Epsom salt heaven

20190617_203346.thumb.jpg.d730a12c1aa4008d086d45a6d72ac5f6.jpg

1434A8C3-E232-4011-B8BD-305135E81D7F.jpeg

F774224D-7711-4C74-99B8-DE6352B7C273.jpeg

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Oh man, I may quit the fitness part of the challenge, or at least pick and choose.

I have been picking and choosing. I never did a mountain climber before this challenge and I never will again! Same with burpees.

Well, let's see. For 17 - I've been trying to live my life in such a way as to make #10 be true since whenever I had the aha moments about what I want to be remembered by which came before we did #10. For today and de-cluttering the non-physical...that would be where meditation and mindfulness come in for me and letting go of whatever I have no control over so it doesn't take up too much head space. I've definitely fizzled out on the physical challenge for the month but not on going to the gym regularly (at least 6 days a week).

Went to the gym this morning and did my usual workout. I toured another gym and I have decided I like old school gyms vs. the new gyms. Everything around here is class based only and pretty expensive. (150-200 a month for 12 classes seems high to me) Orange theory, praxis, HIIT, yoga only, etc.. I prefer a place where I can choose or just do elliptical if I feel like it.

I very well may end up at the gym I’m currently at. I have 2 more to check out.

declutter the non physical today. I’m going to hang out on my hammock and get some sun.

3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Everything around here is class based only and pretty expensive. (150-200 a month for 12 classes seems high to me)

How much?!?!?!?

giphy.gif

150-200! 12 visits or 3x a week. I don’t even live in Chicago, I’m in a suburb. I was expecting more Midwest type pricing.

It isn’t just a couple of gyms either. I’ve counted 8 that have very similar pricing.

On 06/18/2019 at 10:21, Cheeseburgh said:

I have been picking and choosing. I never did a mountain climber before this challenge and I never will again! Same with burpees.

Mountain climbers and burpees are of the devil.

I used to have a t-shirt that said “buck furpees”.

I rarely take or post pictures of myself. I decided to take a picture when I first joined the gym in April and I took a follow up this week. I’m honestly surprised at how much difference it made in a short period of time. I don’t “feel” like I look that different so I’m glad I documented it. It is good motivation to keep working out.

I need to clean my mirror, vacuum and make my bed, I wasn’t planning on sharing these!

49652CFB-46F5-47FC-920A-9321DFA7CC3B.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I rarely take or post pictures of myself. I decided to take a picture when I first joined the gym in April and I took a follow up this week. I’m honestly surprised at how much difference it made in a short period of time. I don’t “feel” like I look that different so I’m glad I documented it. It is good motivation to keep working out.

I need to clean my mirror, vacuum and make my bed, I wasn’t planning on sharing these!

49652CFB-46F5-47FC-920A-9321DFA7CC3B.jpeg

Wow! I see a difference, and you look great! Going to the gym is magic. LOL. Congrats!

19. Forgive someone? Hmmm, I forgave someone for not keeping their appointment today without notifying me.

Had a good night's sleep last night and a nice workout at the gym. I go to Planet Fitness...don't love the colors or the noise, but I love that the membership is so reasonable, that I can go pretty much anywhere I am, and it has such a variety of equipment and I can do my own thing. What I wish for is an olympic pool to swim in but until one comes to our town, this is my mainstay of my exercise routine.

Edited by seaforest

I admire all of you gym go-ers ... ugh, I just can't motivate myself to go.

Although this weekend I have pics of my arms that tell me I need to do something, either exercise, or plastics. I hate exercise enough to want to opt for plastics, but my surgery list is already so long! 😟

Speaking of exercise, I've fallen off the advent skalender wagon, I'll do some flutter kicks this morning though, maybe some push up ... sigh ....

Forgive someone ... I'm not really a grudge holder. So no one I need to (or want to?) forgive.