Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

@Sheribear68 I’m so sorry, I would be stressed out if I were in your situation. We really need to get healthcare squared away in the US. I hope your snafu gets resolved quickly.

I like today’s challenge of lifting up others. My town has a fantastic program for low income families and today they posted a list of back to school needs , backpacks, new gym shoes etc.. I’m heading out to Kohl’s today to buy some supplies. They have a sign up sheet with gender and sizes for shoes. I picked the 3 oldest (high school) kids because I worried they would get picked last. I think I’ll ask my 20 year old for fashion advice, I don’t want to pick out dorky shoes!

Im going to give yoga another try today. They have sunset yoga on the terrace tonight. You can bring wine! I don’t drink so I’ll bring my Water but it makes the class sound more fun and chill.

We need the 😍 reaction for post we love

Yoga was canceled because a big weird storm popped up by surprise, we had a 10% chance of rain! It was so strange because it was pretty strong and lasted over an hour.

They do this every week so I’ll go again.

Oh man,I’m sorry that class got cancelled!

Tonite I did my TRX class and it was exhilarating to do something totally new for the first time.

Lol, my triceps are going to be singing out loud to me tomorrow am! I already feel as if I have Jello arms. 🤣🤣

Checking in!

I ’ve completely given up on catching up with the Advent Skalender ☹️

I also haven’t been as good about walking. That is more about time than laziness though. But I also realized I don’t get credit for my steps when my phone rolls with my bag in the airport. So I’ve been cheated out of steps! 😂

I’m headed out on vacation, so that will be a lot of walking to close out the month. It’s not a great food destination. So that + extra activity, I’m curious to see what my weight will be when I return. 🤔

@Sheribear68 Upper body TRX is a killer for me, I really need to work on my strength.

@sillykitty I’ve noticed that when pushing a shopping cart my steps hardly count. I feel ripped off when I don’t get the recognition I deserve from my Fitbit 🤪 May I ask where you are off to? A vacation sounds wonderful right now!

I’m still working out daily, the fitness calendar I chose was a pretty hard one, I don’t know what I was thinking. Mental health challenge today: I am doing my best.

Yesterday was one of the first days where I REALLY wanted fries or a shake. I didn’t have any but I was caught off guard by how much I wanted it!

I have my final assessment this Friday at my hospital gym. I’m excited to see the breakdown over the past few months.

10 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

@sillykitty May I ask where you are off to? A vacation sounds wonderful right now!

Iceland!

Image result for iceland

Work prep for a week off is overwhelming me right now. At this point before a trip I always wonder if it's worth it. Of course once I actually get on the plane I know it totally is!

That sounds like a fantastic vacation! I hope you share pictures and details when you return. It is funny, I can’t really think of any enticing Icelandic cuisine.

Sounds like the perfect spot.

Never been to Iceland so I can’t wait to hear how awesome it is.

Today I have back-to-back classes again and I can’t wait to see how my body responds.

Other than that, it’s my day off and I’ve spent most of the morning doing CE and getting recertified on all of my CPR and blood borne pathogen training that has to be done every year n

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Iceland!

Image result for iceland

Work prep for a week off is overwhelming me right now. At this point before a trip I always wonder if it's worth it. Of course once I actually get on the plane I know it totally is!

O.M.G. Now there's a place to go!

224B8E6F-7E2A-40A1-A7A7-EA66933FFA87.jpeg

7666B263-4C81-4F52-9433-6BD7D48CEA76.jpeg

My past doesn’t define me...So now I’m going to discuss my past 2 months lol.

My 2 month fitness assessment was interesting. I lost 16 lbs, 6% less body fat, 4 inches off my waist and 3 off my hips. Those were the only recorded measurements that I know of. My grip strength and flexibility decreased a little which I thought was weird but nothing major.

This is the first time in forever I really did a program consistently, I was not expecting this degree of success so close to my 1 year anniversary and goal weight. 8 pounds a month is a huge number for me, I was losing about 3-5 prior.

It can be done, just have to put in the work. As I figure out my final goal weight, I’m going to go to the gym 4 days vs. 5 days so I don’t burn out. I’ll go for a walk the other 3 days. I’m looking forward to the July challenge, my arms are pretty weak!

I feel better than ever and I’m not looking back.

Well Cheeseburgh, that's Chicago weather for you, but you got to love the place÷ And if the storm hasn't exhausted itself you ship it on to me in Ohio, I swear ours changes every 15 minutes. But Thanks to my surgery, I am still here to growl! And now we have July ahead , another month to gain by losing, and so we are still blessed. Always enjoy your posts and perhaps the next Judo session won't be cancelled! Have a Happy Remainder of June, my friend!