Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

6/19 & 6/20:

Forgive someone... Hmmm maybe 😂

I just can't think of anyone right now

Declutter the physical... Well my place is pretty clutter free but the laundry is being done today. Specifically my comforter which is white (Don't judge me 😭) so I'm bleaching it twice and drying it.

Sigh. It's a lot of work for an aesthetic 😳.

*Guest B-Side Question*

What's your most ridiculous (self-proclaimed) idiosyncrasies?

I'll go :

I aspire to true minimalism but own 2635190847 variations of nude color nail polish 😂

Edited by GreenTealael

EE1DDF89-3FC8-43C3-B105-5D7DB80B1A88.jpeg

D8E0F263-5F16-46CF-B2EB-65F6A4003F91.jpeg

Reporting in ...

I'm doing really well on my "walk at least a miles everyday I'm home" goal. I'm 15 for 20! 😁 That actually includes a lot of out of town days as well (thank you airports! 🤣)

Declutter the physical

I'm hosting a party at my house this weekend. So that is forcing me to tidy up. I'm not sure if shoving stuff into closets and drawers fully counts though! 😂

I am not big on self affirmation but I’ll give my unique self a whirl today. I am NOT doing burpees.

I have my first cardio class at my new gym today, the trainer has a very different philosophy than my previous one. He believes in 20-30 minute strenuous workouts vs. 1 hour long workouts. I like the idea, I just hope I can keep up, he really pushed me hard yesterday while doing my assessment. Now watch there will be burpees...

I was taken aback afterwards when he said, “you’re in really good shape” I felt like turning around to see who he was talking to.

I have my final assessment at my original gym next Friday, I am looking forward to seeing what I accomplished. They took a ton of measurements and tests for comparison.

I will be a year out in August and I am not going to relax or let my foot off the gas. I’ve worked hard to get here, it has been worth it and I am not giving it up, I haven’t felt this good in years.

I hope this thread keeps going, I see too many stories of regain and I enjoy having a touchstone, the camaraderie, and a place to check in to keep me aware and engaged. I have also learned a lot from you guys.

@GreenTealael I’m not ignoring your B side question, I just can’t think of one!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Day#21---Gee I always thought Already I was God's Gift to the 🌏 World. Mama always said so, but She may have been a little prejudiced That Way! 😲📦😲Still smiling through my tears!

“I will not do burpees, I will not do burpees.....”

Okay, so I did 10 of them.

Now I’m slightly nauseated because I haven’t had Breakfast yet and my morning coffee was sloshing around in my stomach. 🤣🤣

Will have to think hard on the side question. Right now I’m having difficulties coming up with something.

6/21:

I am a hot mess & that is my 🎁

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The cardio class at my new gym was very hard but I survived. The same trainer that told me I was in really good shape yesterday was leading it. I’m pretty sure he wants to rescind that statement. I swear he asked me 5 times, “are you ok ma’am?” during the class. I wanted to say no, I’m old so slow down pal! but instead I just did my best. This is the first high intensity cardio class I’ve taken, they are no joke!

Oh I am unique, if you don't think you like me , give me a chance I'll unique up on you! LOL😝

Yes, I'm unique and yes, I'm my chief source of my motivation. There I said it. LOL. Oh boy, do I have the crankies though. I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I'm going now. Hopefully that'll help.

B-side - I think it might be harder for me to see because it's normal for me. Oh, I know. I get up in the morning and have to have my shower before I leave the house. Then...I go to the gym and get all sweaty and continue about my day. I don't want to go through the rigamarole of showering, dressing, and make-up at the gym. I'd rather do it at home.

I need to go, not only do my hips hurt this AM, even my finger joints hurt too! Getting Old is not as much fun as I expected!💔😜💔

6/22:

I'm going to try this but self affirmations are not my wheelhouse. I feel silly saying things I don't really believe in or subscribe to.

I would rather say something like One Day At a Time or Marvel Universe is Not Real...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm not Green Tealael, Orchids and Dragons or Fluffy Chix, what I am is just plain old Frustr8. But nothing stops me from being the BEST FRUSTR8 POSSIBLE!

I’m not into mantras either, however, I am my biggest source of motivation. I just know that and I don’t need to convince myself.

Did 30 minutes of cardio today. Going out to dinner tonight to my favorite Mexican restaurant, their shredded chicken tacos are amazing and not bad for you at all. After dinner we will walk over to the park and have a leisurely stroll if it’s not raining.