Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/28/2019 at 5:13 AM, thillman1987 said:

I see some stuff about preop diet requirements. I feel extremely lucky they only requirement I have is the day before I can only consume 3 Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. Other then that I just have to maintain my weight lost for preop. I wonder why doctor's are all so different on their preop diet choices...

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app

That's a good question. I have to be on a 2 week full liquid diet before surgery and honestly i'd probably do it even if I didn't have to...so that I can get my liver in shape for the surgery and drop some lbs in the process.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, GreenTealael said:

Late to the party but Joining the Ranks... Revision 7/15 ... Maybe waiting on insurance approvals next week. Its a special kind of Hell to be at goal and still asked to do a 2 week preop diet😭. Welp...

I didn't really have a goal to hit before surgery. I did have the 6 months of supervised diet but that ended several months ago and now i'm yoyoing. I'm still a good ways below my heaviest weight of 333(was 318 as of a couple weeks ago but still losing)...so any weight I lose at this point is just putting me in a better state for surgery.

15 hours ago, amaynard said:

I will! Tomorrow is the prep.. not excited about that at all 🤢

But so so close!

Has anyone not told their parents? I feel a huge burden like I should tell my mom..but a part of me knows she is going to judge, and I don't really feel like having negative feelings going into it.

Just feels like I am lying though..especially knowing I am going to be in the hospital for a couple days..

Oh, i'd definitely tell her because you never know what will happen during surgery. Just tell her that this is your decision and that if she can't support you then to please at least not speak negatively :)

14 hours ago, vdbarbie said:

I have told only the people I wanted to know. I have told my family. I think you should tell your mom. She may want to be with you. Surgeries are important. I have told my twin sister everything (insurance stuff).Just in case.

I intend to talk frankly with my oldest daughter about insurance stuff etc...just in case.

What insurance stuff are you speaking of, “just in case.”

3 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I didn't really have a goal to hit before surgery. I did have the 6 months of supervised diet but that ended several months ago and now i'm yoyoing. I'm still a good ways below my heaviest weight of 333(was 318 as of a couple weeks ago but still losing)...so any weight I lose at this point is just putting me in a better state for surgery.

Im a revision and already at permanent goal so i feel resistant to want to take the advice. But I've been watching YouTube to amp myself up 😂

17 hours ago, thillman1987 said:

I go in for all my pretest stuff on July 11th. They are going to make me do blood work because I'm an ex smoker. It comes up so quickly though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using BariatricPal mobile app

My husband is an ex smoker and I've never smoked a day in my life, for us all the pre-admit testing was the same.

Upper GI Test, Chest Xray, Full Blood Panel, Urine Analysis, Pulmonary Test and EKG.

Luckily for me because of the chemicals I work with I have to do the pulmonary test every six months so I am pretty versed on the process.

Yeah I can see where you would be, I've gotten the same way for endoscopies, had 13 lifetime, joke. if someone could spray the back of my throat, have either a fluroscope or a closed circuit TV monitor hooked up I could probably do my own, they accidently left me awake for obe, oh I was sedated but only very lightly, watched it all on the monitor, found out Dr Noria, my Bariatric surgeon's junior partner is every bit as gentlel with awake or asleep patients. They simply miscalculated my dosage, redheads like me require a little more, since then they put enough in my IV to drop a Steer! Maybe DeN didn't like me being awake to crtique her work. Me, I enjoyed it thoroughly, my throat was numb from the gargle when it was introduced, having it pulled out was no worse than pulling your foot out of mud, a popping sensation, and it beat those YouTube blogs and videos all hollow! Last one I had someone else did, my gastroenterologist, Dr Upchurch, thought he was being humorous asking if I wanted to go to sleep? Jaw Dropped when I said I would do it either way, just didn't want to be left sitting up in a dental chair like they do some areas of Europe. That's the way my daughter, at 15, had her tonsils removed and she DEFINITELY DID NOT RECOMMEND it! When she got her voice back she threatened to kick the surgeon where the sun don't shine, if he sang High Tenor from then on ,it was only what HE DESERVED! Oh-wee she was VERY ANGRY, went back expecting to lie down and go to sleep. Found out they only do that if you're below Age 12 or in a Children's Hospital. Told me I WAS ROBBED, nope your lousy old tonsils are gone! And that's why you were HERE.

Because of the nature of my career my life is in danger every time I walk into the gate so all the "just incase" insurance stuff has to stay up to day and accessible in the event that something should ever happen so honestly the thought of preparing those things for surgery risks and complications never really crosses my mind because I'm so used to having them all prepared anyway.

Less than 24 hours until we kick off our month my friends!

Just checking in on our July 1st siblings.
@MFaulk3 (RNY) @texasnewf (VSG) @Jaybe08 (GB) @Ren951 (VSG) @sweetsagi @DianaP (VSG)

How are you guys? How are you feeling? What are you thinking? Are you all packed? Are you ready to restart your life? Update us when you can tomorrow. Sending thoughts, prayers, and well wishes!

I can not believe my day is tomorrow. This prep sucks. I have the PEG 3350 sodium chorlide, sodium bicarb and potassium chloride. It is 4L but the packet says I need to take in at least 3L. Guys, I am at 1.5 liters and am gagging!! I cant wait to be done with this prep so I can have a darn popsicle! lol

Good luck to you! I know that I'm super lucky that I only have a 2 day clear liquid diet prep before my bypass surgery on Wednesday. So far today I've had beef broth, Gatorade Zero, and sf Jello.
Get some rest tonight!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ugh! I can't wait for my surgery now! I just got a candid picture of me that was taken yesterday and omgosh! I am a delusional fatty that still think's I'm skinny! lolololol I swear when I look in the mirror I don't see the weight at all, but when I see myself in pictures I'm like omgoodnesssss! Is that really me?!?! It makes me feel ashamed of myself and want to hide inside. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

Congrats, I know that you have had some bumps in the road but it's all coming together now :)

I thank you for the follow-up and encouragement, as these past few months have been physically exhausting. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Dr. with my biopsy results (which I'm in a positive state of mind about). The Iron transfusions start this Saturday, which I'm excited about...because the energy vampires have conquered my life, lol. I don't think without this serious journey to wls that my health affairs would be getting in order. So for this, I'm very thankful. I'm exhausted from a health standpoint and emotionally tired, bit appreciative of the medical team helping me along the way. This journey is also revealing that not everyone is going to be happy to see you get your priorities together regarding your future and wellbeing. I've slowly tried to bring ppl into my process to gauge their reactions and not everyone is meant to be a part of our journey and I'm okay with this. There are others who have been a tremendous support as I'm dealing with various health issues and they are my sanity on rough days. Bariatric pal is also a place for me to safely Express my thoughts and feelings without being judged, which lessens my anxiety and stress about this process. This is a beautiful journey, but a shedding of many ugly habits, relationships, truths, reality checks about our health and coming into accountability for my role in my health. Whew.....I went on a rant...