Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg you guys I’ve been so legit crazy at work that I made that post earlier thinking tomorrow was the first 😂 So here’s my shout out to the July 2nds as well! @amaynard (RNY) @SublimeLemons (VSG) @PantxaPetita (VSG) ! Good luck tomorrow update when you can! What’s going through your mind? Are you all packed up? Sending thoughts and prayers!

I dont know if anyone else feels this way, but i am so damn nervous and OVERTHINKING stuff.

Im still getting this surgery no matter what, but i dont know why i feel like im not going to be ready when i walk through those doors for surgery. I still have 17 more days but im like freaking out. I start my pre op diet on the 8th so i told my friends that July 5th is my last day to eat my last "bad" meal and to have some alcohol and then its time for all this VSG stuff! Im so excited but i have never had surgery in my life and i feel this isnt real. I hope im explaining this right lol. Someone HELPPPPP pleaseeee.

1 hour ago, tal said:

I dont know if anyone else feels this way, but i am so damn nervous and OVERTHINKING stuff.

Im still getting this surgery no matter what, but i dont know why i feel like im not going to be ready when i walk through those doors for surgery. I still have 17 more days but im like freaking out. I start my pre op diet on the 8th so i told my friends that July 5th is my last day to eat my last "bad" meal and to have some alcohol and then its time for all this VSG stuff! Im so excited but i have never had surgery in my life and i feel this isnt real. I hope im explaining this right lol. Someone HELPPPPP pleaseeee.

You're having normal emotions for someone who has never had surgery. When I got my breast augmentation I felt the same way. I almost backed out while sitting in the parking lot the day of surgery because I was so afraid even though the complication rate is low. Its a scary thought going under anesthesia. But you will do just fine!!! Try to relax I know its easier said then done. You got this!!!

13 minutes ago, MeowAMR said:

You're having normal emotions for someone who has never had surgery. When I got my breast augmentation I felt the same way. I almost backed out while sitting in the parking lot the day of surgery because I was so afraid even though the complication rate is low. Its a scary thought going under anesthesia. But you will do just fine!!! Try to relax I know its easier said then done. You got this!!!

Yeah i feel like i need to be changing some bad habits i have right now and im hoping ill be okay after but thank you!

6 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I thank you for the follow-up and encouragement, as these past few months have been physically exhausting. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Dr. with my biopsy results (which I'm in a positive state of mind about). The Iron transfusions start this Saturday, which I'm excited about...because the energy vampires have conquered my life, lol. I don't think without this serious journey to wls that my health affairs would be getting in order. So for this, I'm very thankful. I'm exhausted from a health standpoint and emotionally tired, bit appreciative of the medical team helping me along the way. This journey is also revealing that not everyone is going to be happy to see you get your priorities together regarding your future and wellbeing. I've slowly tried to bring ppl into my process to gauge their reactions and not everyone is meant to be a part of our journey and I'm okay with this. There are others who have been a tremendous support as I'm dealing with various health issues and they are my sanity on rough days. Bariatric pal is also a place for me to safely Express my thoughts and feelings without being judged, which lessens my anxiety and stress about this process. This is a beautiful journey, but a shedding of many ugly habits, relationships, truths, reality checks about our health and coming into accountability for my role in my health. Whew.....I went on a rant...

That was very well stated and you are so very welcome. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that gets me through when i'm feeling discouraged :)

18 hours ago, amaynard said:

What insurance stuff are you speaking of, “just in case.”

Life insurance, long term disability etc.

17 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Im a revision and already at permanent goal so i feel resistant to want to take the advice. But I've been watching YouTube to amp myself up 😂

Maybe I missed something somewhere but if you're at permanent goal, why are you having the revision?

4 hours ago, tal said:

It's only natural to be nervous. Every time that you feel like you're freaking out and overthinking, simply go through the reasons that you made the decision to have this surgery...for me it's stuff like not having energy, my fear of not being able to fit in arena seats or ride roller coasters etc...plus as you age, you start to get these darn comorbidities that will shorten your life span.

Just relax and breath and trust in your decision :)

2 minutes ago, ARMoma45 said:

It's only natural to be nervous. Every time that you feel like you're freaking out and overthinking, simply go through the reasons that you made the decision to have this surgery...for me it's stuff like not having energy, my fear of not being able to fit in arena seats or ride roller coasters etc...plus as you age, you start to get these darn comorbidities that will shorten your life span.

Just relax and breath and trust in your decision :)

Thank you so much!

Anytime :)

Guys! It’s the day!!! Surgery this morning. 730am checkin eastern time! I’m a ball of nerves but so excited to restart my life.
My bag is (almost) packed. CHG wipes, done! Bowel prep, done! Shaved the legs cause it’s gonna be awhile lol...patch is on the way! Oh and I have my future hubby by my side...
AND.... I TOLD MY MOM!!! I was so nervous to tell her and she told me, she supports me no matter what and she was happy I am trying to feel better in all ways.
That makes going into this, so much better.

ALSO: why when I must be npo after midnight am I extremely thirsty... I can’t wait to start drinking again! Even if it’s an ounce at a time 😉

Andddd good luck everyone else today! I will update when I can.

18 minutes ago, amaynard said:

Guys! It’s the day!!! Surgery this morning. 730am checkin eastern time! I’m a ball of nerves but so excited to restart my life.
My bag is (almost) packed. CHG wipes, done! Bowel prep, done! Shaved the legs cause it’s gonna be awhile lol...patch is on the way! Oh and I have my future hubby by my side...
AND.... I TOLD MY MOM!!! I was so nervous to tell her and she told me, she supports me no matter what and she was happy I am trying to feel better in all ways.

ALSO: why when I must be npo after midnight am I extremely thirsty... I can’t wait to start drinking again! Even if it’s an ounce at a time 😉

YAY CONGRATS GIRL!! Hope you have a great experience and let us know when youre ready! Woot woot!

21 minutes ago, amaynard said:

That's so exciting...sending you good vibes and prayers for a fabulous surgery and recovery. And i'm soooo glad that you decided to tell your Mom :)

Hi y’all! If you want to watch my progress, please feel free to check out my IG losing_ash_rny
I won’t post progress pics here... mostly there :)
Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s stories from yesterday, today and the rest of the month!