Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

51 minutes ago, KarenLR75 said:

LOL, they are SO good....and I can CHEW! I got 2 different kinds. LOL, I said 'stare' because I suddenly now have a 'new option' I haven't been eating/drinking for the past few days. I felt like a dragon with my horde...

I got the "Outshine" brand (sugar free) that has 'tangerine', 'raspberry' and 'strawberry'. I will caution that each one actually has 25 calories each. They ironically have 6 gm of carbs, 1 gm of sugar (which meets my restrictions) and 1 gram of Fiber.

Then I also got the "Popsicle" brand - sugar free - grape, orange and cherry. They have 15 calories each and 4 grams of carbs (no fiber). So the Popsicle brand is definitely less calories. I guess it would come down to how many Popsicle a person is having during a day as to which is a good choice for them.

For ME, TONIGHT, I'm having the Outshine brand. :) :)

Good to know!!! I was told no orange or red dyes because when they open you up it will look like blood lol, but I think that's like 24hrs before your surgery. Definitely gonna get some so I can kick the sugar and trick my brain into thinking those are my sweets for the night.

So cute! I am browsing for bariatric portion plates and getting some Water bottles with caps (no straws) and this came up in the list. My bestfriend is getting surgery probably a month after me I should totally get her this!

stuffie.png

Yeah and they have another one almost as cute for RNY bypass, wish I had thought of it myself, if I were your BFBP (BEST Future Bariatric Patient) if would be tickled to death with such a thoughtful gift! Do you realize with YOU going first, you get to mentor her? A journey shared is always less frightening.👭Best Wishes to You Both, update us when you can, okay?

Yeah and they have another one almost as cute for RNY bypass, wish I had thought of it myself, if I were your BFBP (BEST Future Bariatric Patient) if would be tickled to death with such a thoughtful gift! Do you realize with YOU going first, you get to mentor her? A journey shared is always less frightening.[emoji130]Best Wishes to You Both, update us when you can, okay?
I never thought about it! I do almost wish she could of went first. Her approval was tougher to go through then mine. So it makes me feel kinda guilty I'm getting to go first. Even though I know I can't do anything about insurance companies and their approval process. But I guess its just the bestfriend in me I want her to experience the happiness first because I know how much she wants this! [emoji133]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

And may it be all she Wishes and More!

11 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

Umm...anyone doing the pre-op diet and having an issues with bowel movements (sigh, just look @ the things we talk about). I went back through my paperwork but didn't see anything about adding any Fiber products like BeneFiber or MetaMucil...anyone been told to take either of those?

me, in the form of the squirts! (sorry). I've been adding Benefiber to stuff. I'm doing Optifast 800 + one food meal per day and I'm on the toilet like 5 times a day so far. Only day 4 of an entire month of this sooo this is gonna be great! 😎

Y'all, I am one week out from surgery! I have been on the liquid diet with one meal/day for the last week. Doing ok with it so far! I got my CHG wipes and my Bowel Prep. It is getting real!

FMLA paperwork complete! PreAdmit Testing on Friday. Although the time is crawling it’s finally getting close! #14Days #werelosinit 😬

4 hours ago, shannamarie said:

me, in the form of the squirts! (sorry). I've been adding Benefiber to stuff. I'm doing Optifast 800 + one food meal per day and I'm on the toilet like 5 times a day so far. Only day 4 of an entire month of this sooo this is gonna be great! 😎

LOL..no worries! Ah, adding Benefiber. I think I'd rather have the issue you mentioned...than well..ya know?

You have to do an ENTIRE MONTH!!!?? 😮

3 hours ago, amaynard said:

Y'all, I am one week out from surgery! I have been on the liquid diet with one meal/day for the last week. Doing ok with it so far! I got my CHG wipes and my Bowel Prep. It is getting real!

YAY! Getting close! You know we are all hyper-focused as my other thought after being excited for you was 1) What are CHG wipes and...um...Bowel Prep and 2) Am I supposed to be doing that (since that hasn't been mentioned I presume I either don't have to do it or 'Bowel Prep' = liquid diet? ?

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

LOL..no worries! Ah, adding Benefiber. I think I'd rather have the issue you mentioned...than well..ya know?

You have to do an ENTIRE MONTH!!!?? 😮

True, I was constipated often before.. I do prefer this. Yes a whole month. It's weird how much programs vary.

I’m new to this and not sure how it works but I’m getting sleeved on July 8 in NJ. I am 41. I would love to have a little support group with other people getting sleeved around the same time so we can help support each other!

2 hours ago, Jlw265 said:

I’m new to this and not sure how it works but I’m getting sleeved on July 8 in NJ. I am 41. I would love to have a little support group with other people getting sleeved around the same time so we can help support each other!

Yay congratulations!! Wish you the best of luck 😀

Im July 17th in Mexico. I would love a surgery buddy!