Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Or choice#3- you may be developing gastritis or growing an ulcer. I truly hope your answer is behind Door#1 or Door#2, but I have been to get better from #3. and pain at the bottom of my sternum or along the Right Subcostal area ( just below ribs) are the hallmarks of my ulcer pains, see I also have them in my small intestine,, that's the right side pain. Been on Carafate since last October, 4 times daily. 6am-noon-6pm-midnight, and so healing is going on, albeit slowly. It is what it is, gotten used to it, do okay with my Vitamins, recently having difficulties finding a space for my Calcium that is 2 hours from Multivitamin or Iron pills . I was put on extra Iron just before my iron INFUSION in March, the iron levels didn't go up as quick as they would like, so INFUSION and then I can still take my Ferrocite as well. Not sure when my next blood test is.[emoji118][emoji13][emoji117]
Thanks. It didn't happen tonight. I didn't anything new, but maybe I ate faster or drank sooner than I realized.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Help... I'm at a dangerous point. I am not losing and haven't for a while and I'm feeling frustrated and a bit down. I know we have stalls, but this is my danger point in every weight loss journey I've been on where I feel like saying 'f*** it'. Can someone talk me down off of the ledge? What AM I supposed to be eating right now? How often should I be eating? I'm feeling like I'm in a tailspin.

2 hours ago, froufrou said:

Help... I'm at a dangerous point. I am not losing and haven't for a while and I'm feeling frustrated and a bit down. I know we have stalls, but this is my danger point in every weight loss journey I've been on where I feel like saying 'f*** it'. Can someone talk me down off of the ledge? What AM I supposed to be eating right now? How often should I be eating? I'm feeling like I'm in a tailspin.

Hi, Froufrou. I don't have the answer to your question (unfortunately) because I'm still new at this. However, I was wondering whether you are even able to increase the amount of food you are eating, f*** it or not.

I have a question regarding drinking after eating. Does anyone know whether the 15-30 minute rule still applies if you are drinking a shake or another Protein Drink? Or is it just with solid food?

On 04/28/2019 at 09:52, Recidivist said:

Hi, Froufrou. I don't have the answer to your question (unfortunately) because I'm still new at this. However, I was wondering whether you are even able to increase the amount of food you are eating, f*** it or not.

I know I would be able to increase the amount I can eat. I have to be vigilant making sure I keep portions low or I don’t lose. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m a revision or some other stupid reason.

Froufrou- I seem to have to keep calories low, between 600-700 to lose well. I may do better if I were even lower, but I can’t seem to get it lower and get 50-60g of Protein. I think I’m going to buy the unflavored genpro powder since I hear it has 30g of protein and only 60 calories for about a tablespoon and is nearly tasteless.

As far a what you’re supposed to be eating...protein first, then veggies and they say carbs last, but I don’t do a starch on my plate as a rule. I have however had the tiny corn tortillas in street tacos a couple of times. I think they have 7 carbs in each one. Street tacos come with 2 tortillas and I have tossed one, so only eating one of them but honestly they are a waste of calories/carbs without much nutritional benefit. We are supposed to only be eating things that have good nutritional benefits at this point. I am finding that I have to stay focused or I will push the boundaries far enough to just maintain my weight. I have a hard time with my fat brain at night, urging me to eat something, never bad stuff, just yogurt or cheese and almonds, but still calories I don’t need because I’m not hungry and definitely don’t need to eat before going to sleep. It’s an ongoing struggle for sure.

I had my first total indulgence food yesterday with no Protein whatsoever: a green papaya salad from a Vietnamese restaurant (well, a small portion of the salad). It was wonderful!

@Recidivist I don't think I can increase the amount (though it's definitely gone up), but I can increase the calories with the types of food. Because of my vomiting, I've been eating slider foods I guess.

@taylormomto6 - Thank you for the pep talk and reminder of what I need to be doing. The head piece of this journey has really just hit me and I'm struggling. I feel like such a whingey crybaby! But I guess this is going to happen and I just have to work through it instead of doing what I normally do, which is say f*** it.

Today I have pledged to note everything I am eating down.

3 hours ago, Recidivist said:

I have a question regarding drinking after eating. Does anyone know whether the 15-30 minute rule still applies if you are drinking a shake or another Protein Drink? Or is it just with solid food?

At first I would have said 'no it shouldn't matter', but I am guessing it still does because you are trying to keep the Protein in your pouch for as long as possible?

I added up my calories for the day and I'm at about 900. Is this too high?

7 hours ago, froufrou said:

At first I would have said 'no it shouldn't matter', but I am guessing it still does because you are trying to keep the Protein in your pouch for as long as possible?

I view the Protein shakes/drinks just as i do Water. If I eat food, I wait at least 20 minutes to drink a Protein Shake or water. Same applies if I just finished a protein drink. I wait 20 minutes to eat solid food.

1 hour ago, froufrou said:

Sounds right to me. What foods/drinks were included in the 900?

I know it still needs more work on the Protein front and I need to cut out the Starbucks. I also had salad greens with my meals. Unfortunately the Quorn cutlet made vomit.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

On 04/28/2019 at 19:20, froufrou said:

I think many people lose just fine in the 900 calorie range, but I’ve read many that have kept them lower while trying to lose, so I guess it depends on the individual. Personally I’m trying to keep mine lower because I’m terrified of wasting this first few months after surgery. I’m sure my mindset is coming from my feelings of failure from not getting to goal/regaining with my sleeve, so honestly I don’t know, lol. You could just be in a normal stall or 900 could be too high. Maybe drop them for a couple of days and see how your body responds?

On 04/29/2019 at 08:26, froufrou said:

I know it still needs more work on the Protein front and I need to cut out the Starbucks. I also had salad greens with my meals. Unfortunately the Quorn cutlet made vomit.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Okay so the Snacks are pretty carb-laden, and I bet there’s tons of sodium also.
Maybe try a snack of 1 ounce cheese, 8 ounces fairlife plain milk or 6 olives or 2 tablespoons hummus with some carrot sticks?
I’m seeing a lot of processed foods in there and quite frankly I just don’t trust anything processed anymore. Eating primarily processed foods is what got me in the place I was.

Also, maybe try upping Water 20% from whatever it currently is.

I know it’s gotta be difficult with all of the nausea and other complications, but we will figure out a solution