Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

3 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

Good luck today with your infusion!

Thank you. I do feel better! Thank goodness.

I spoke too soon and jinxed myself... been throwing up for the last two days. You would think not being able to keep much down would be making me drop massive pounds! So weird.

I hope you feel better very soon frou-frou

8 minutes ago, Goody222 said:

I hope you feel better very soon frou-frou

Thank you. I hope you do too! I had my gallbladder removed many many years ago when I was in my 20s - I know how painful the flare ups can be. Are you going to have yours taken out?

Okay so I was wildly craving sashimi and miso Soup. Like in a bad way, lol

Here are my before and after shots.
Part of me is really really sad that restriction hit as soon as it did, but that’s the point isn’t it?
Oh well, I’ll have leftover tuna for lunch tomorrow

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

@sheribear....Wait..what did you eat? You may have lunch for the week. It looks good

On 04/26/2019 at 18:44, froufrou said:

Thank you. I hope you do too! I had my gallbladder removed many many years ago when I was in my 20s - I know how painful the flare ups can be. Are you going to have yours taken out?

So far, no. The medicine to prevent problems set my pouch off(they are touchy things). Hoping after the infusion and new meds, I can keep it. At least for now. However, if it has to go, I hope it is this year cause I am close to my out of pocket max on my medical! Sad, we have to think like that but grateful for coverage!

On 4/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, Gottajustdoit said:

Thanks, Rocketman. I'll look into it at my next appointment if the pain persists. If so, I'll ask my doc about Zegerid.

Hey was just checking In to see if you have been feeling better.

On 04/26/2019 at 19:01, Goody222 said:

@sheribear....Wait..what did you eat? You may have lunch for the week. It looks good
Lol, actually I ate about a third of what was served to me and that was with the miso Soup taking room up in my sleeve. Also, I had a couple sips of my husbands merlot. Wow, I can’t wait to be able to have wine again
I’ll be able to finish the rest of the tuna for lunch today.
Granted, that’s ALL that I will eat, but loads of healthy Protein so I’ll be fine with that

15 hours ago, Goody222 said:
16 hours ago, froufrou said:

So far, no. The medicine to prevent problems set my pouch off(they are touchy things). Hoping after the infusion and new meds, I can keep it. At least for now. However, if it has to go, I hope it is this year cause I am close to my out of pocket max on my medical! Sad, we have to think like that but grateful for coverage!

Yes, it's so annoying to have to think in money terms. I really hope the medication works for you and you get to keep your gallbladder!

Edited by froufrou
typo

Been a while since I updated, and today was a milestone day for me.

I weighed in at 199 today. 56 lbs down in 9 weeks. I’m averaging about 3-4 lbs a weeks still. A lot of that is diet and exercise, a couple weeks back I moved out of the “slowly working my muscles to prevent injury” to “ higher intensity super sets of multiple muscle groups” this type of weight training is what I enjoy the most and was what I was doing until I had significant life/career changes. It’s interesting that when you have substantial positive changes in one area of your life, things that were important change (like my fitness level) which leaves you exposed to more unhappiness. Through al this I’ve learned a valuable lesson, and I can sum it up by the below quote:

“Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive.”

-Andy Grove

As you all strive to succeed in your wls endeavors, don’t allow the satisfaction you are gaining replace the satisfaction that you have in other areas of your life, only add to it. Finally, if the results you are having with wls are allowing for other greater opportunities for happiness/success in your life, don’t forget what you have had to do to get you to this point. I made that mistake, I’ve learned and now I will stay paranoid.

8D1209A3-0CAF-4907-87D4-134A1C80EC0E.jpeg

7 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Hey was just checking In to see if you have been feeling better.

Thanks for checking in, Rocketman! Love your post on paranoia. Very interesting perspective! I have been keeping my GERD at bay by taking a daily dose of Fromadine acid reducer and Papaya enzymes after a meal. I won't be seeing my doctor yet for a couple weeks, but I will be asking how long he thinks I need to take the Fromadine. I was really hoping to get rid of GERD for good!

PS: Great photo! You look happy and upbeat. 🙂 Your weight loss has been amazing!

Hey Everyone! I haven't posted in a while. Once a day for the last 2 days now, I have experienced severe pain right at the bottom of my sternum and last for about 15 minutes. It is a horrible pain, that nothing seems to relieve. I am about 2.5 months out and didn't do anything differently. Has anyone experienced this before.? Any suggestions. I see the Surgeon on Monday for my next follow up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, sjemle said:

Hey Everyone! I haven't posted in a while. Once a day for the last 2 days now, I have experienced severe pain right at the bottom of my sternum and last for about 15 minutes. It is a horrible pain, that nothing seems to relieve. I am about 2.5 months out and didn't do anything differently. Has anyone experienced this before.? Any suggestions. I see the Surgeon on Monday for my next follow up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi sjemie--Can you attribute that pain to (1) eating faster than normal or (2) a specific food (e.g., bread, Pasta, etc.)? I have had pain in that area when I've accidentally eaten faster than normal or ate something that was "thick." Does the pain feel like a crushing pain or something other?

Or choice#3- you may be developing gastritis or growing an ulcer. I truly hope your answer is behind Door#1 or Door#2, but I have been to get better from #3. and pain at the bottom of my sternum or along the Right Subcostal area ( just below ribs) are the hallmarks of my ulcer pains, see I also have them in my small intestine,, that's the right side pain. Been on Carafate since last October, 4 times daily. 6am-noon-6pm-midnight, and so healing is going on, albeit slowly. It is what it is, gotten used to it, do okay with my Vitamins, recently having difficulties finding a space for my Calcium that is 2 hours from Multivitamin or Iron pills . I was put on extra iron just before my iron INFUSION in March, the iron levels didn't go up as quick as they would like, so INFUSION and then I can still take my Ferrocite as well. Not sure when my next blood test is.👈😝👉