Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

8 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

That is a huge weight loss, Recidivist. I'm at the exact same weight as you but started at 230. You are rocking it! As for your stall, were you starting to eat wrong foods or too much food? Just curious.

I don't think I'm eating the wrong things or eating too much. The main difference is that I've started to incorporate more "real" food into my diet and fewer shakes.

20 minutes ago, EmzBee said:

I've been MIA (and I'm still trying to catch up on the forums), but since December (when I started the WLS process) I've lost 81 pounds 🙂

Half of that is probably hair **sobs into my hairbrush** but I'm closing in on 100kgs and that's pretty awesome.

Great to see everyone still chugging along and supporting each other! ❤️

Great to see you back, EmzBee--and congratulations on your amazing loss so far. Glad to hear you are doing well!

14 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I'm still not feeling "great," but mainly just frustrated with how long it takes me to eat, stomach gurgling after I do eat that feels like hunger pains, some chest discomfort, figuring out what to eat, intestinal distress, etc.

Gotta, I can totally relate. I don't feel great either, although I always tell people I do when they ask because I just don't want to get into the details. One of my main problems is that I've been feeling vaguely nauseous for about the past month. It's not so bad that I need to be sick, but enough that I never really feel "well." I also get frustrated about how long it takes to eat, as well as just figuring our what I'm going to eat and when (and stopping my Water well enough in advance). I'm counting on the fact that one day I will look back on this and think it was totally worth it, as so many people say when they are a year or more out.

On 05/01/2019 at 17:04, Recidivist said:

Congratulations Sheribear and Froufrou! It's really motivating to hear about the successes of others in our group.

One the other end of the spectrum, I've been stalled for about a week, even gaining a pound on some days. I'm now exercising regularly and am strictly observing the food program, so there's no explanation. (Of course, I am stuck at 189 pounds, so I guess I can't really complain. 🙂 )

I just wanted to reassure you, I was stalled for 7 days, then lost .5 and was stuck for 3 more days, then this morning I was 2.5lbs! Go figure!

Okay so as I’m winding down for the day, I’m listening to my stomach gurgle and I ate dinner over 2 hours ago.
It used to bother me a ton more than it does now, but I’m getting used to it and thankfully there’s not really a “hungry” feeling associated with the gurgling.

Re stalls: not gonna lie— a stall is the the thing I fear the most. Now that I’ve seen that magical number starting with a 1 I’m scared to get back on the scale.
I know I will in a couple of days, but seeing anything starting with a 2 after working so hard to get to this point will wreck me.
I’m truly hoping since I’ve yet to have a single week with over 3 pounds lost that I’ll avoid a stall.

Recidivist, my goal weight for May 31st is 189. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and working like mad to get in 10 pounds/month. I was lucky in April because I dropped 11.6.

I’ve got to admit that sometimes I feel guilt reading about y’all who aren’t feeling the greatest.
I’m extremely blessed to have a tummy (even a surgically altered one) that just doesn’t get upset all that easily.
All in all, I feel great most of the time and when I don’t, it’s easily attributable to a poor night sleep, stress at work, or not eating/drinking enough and I can fix it fairly easily.
I’m so sorry some of you guys are still feeling bad.

Emzbee!
So glad to see you back and congrats on 81 pounds. That’s a major big deal! The hair will come back. Heck I went a whole year with zero hair when I was on chemo. My best friend is a hair stylist and I had her shave me bald a week before my 3rd round of chemo because that’s when everyone loses their hair.
It mostly came back. Some thinning, but I remind myself that I could be dead with hair or alive with a little less. This is the same except maybe not quite as dramatic.
We will be healthier, thinner, BETTER , and less hairy versions of our old selves 🤣🤣🤣

Sheri- we are very close to the same spot, my next goal is 189lbs by May 15th and I lost 12.1 in April, so we’re very close there too.

So far my hair is not falling out, crossing my fingers!

My hair fell out a lot after my Gastric Sleeve, but so far with RNY it hasn't. I really think the hairloss happens more when you drop a huge amount very quickly.

On 05/02/2019 at 07:44, froufrou said:

My hair fell out a lot after my Gastric Sleeve, but so far with RNY it hasn't. I really think the hairloss happens more when you drop a huge amount very quickly.

Lol, then I should be safe because my weight loss is anything but quick. 🤣🤣🤣

On 05/01/2019 at 22:55, taylormomto6 said:

Sheri- we are very close to the same spot, my next goal is 189lbs by May 15th and I lost 12.1 in April, so we’re very close there too.

So far my hair is not falling out, crossing my fingers!
Okay so we are going to be pushing each other this month to hit that goal! 💪💪💪

Some construction workers were staring at me today when I was walking to the parking lot. Yes the bar is low but how exciting is that? 15-20 more pounds and I’m back baby!

On 05/03/2019 at 10:19, Everythinganna said:

Some construction workers were staring at me today when I was walking to the parking lot. Yes the bar is low but how exciting is that? 15-20 more pounds and I’m back baby!

Nice!
Lol, I’ll be joining you in about another 55 pounds. 🤣🤣

Okay. So had a morning Pilates class and I have about a half hour to eat before getting ready for work tonite.
Here is my first of two meals for today. I’ll have an 8oz cup of fairlife milk between lunch and dinner.
2.5 oz leftover steak, 1/2 oz Brie, 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
Lol, I’m Protein girl today.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Some beef Jerky for Breakfast and 6 of 8 chick fil a grilled nuggets for lunch (which nauseated me).

OK so what I put about the construction workers was mostly a joke. But later in the day today, as I was driving home, someone pulled up next to me in a truck, rolled their window down, and shook a large, fluorescent sex toy at me. Now if that doesn’t say “hey you’ve lost weight!” I don’t know what does! I guess I am grasping for straws here. But I am getting some attention! Haha!

Omg lmfao get u a tasor Everythinganna I thk I spit my Water out and peed myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣too funny 😆