Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

You know I've been thinking about this a lot lately, don't ask why, but the only safe space for a fart is the toilet 😓😢

Oh no! Do tell...(not phrased as a question!😆)!

My worst moment was waking up from surgery and the pain being so bad that I threw up. A one and a half surgery that turned into four hours. I had my lapband removed but there were so many adhesions it took them two hours just to get my band free to remove. It was attached to my liver and my stomach wall and other organs. Now I understand why everything was getting stuck because the damn thing was so severely adhered to my other organs I couldn't get food down most days.

Before surgery, like the night before, I didn’t worry about writing anyone goodbye notes but did realize that if I died my parents would go through all my stuff and find things I didn’t want them to see. So I wrote my sister and literally said “if I die, preserve my memory for the parents by getting in here first and censoring things”. She responded with the appropriate eye-roll.

After surgery I was mobile and feeling absolutely no pain as soon as I woke up, which was great, but it did mean that I was fully aware when I vomited a TON of half-coagulated blood after walking the halls. Most people pass it through their system, but I got to do the whole Exorcist thing.

Oh, and my hospital switched over to a new software system the DAY OF my surgery, so when the residents meandered over to puzzle over the new UI of the surgery board in pre-op, I ended up explaining it to them (I work on interface stuff and was waiting in there forever). And then when I got home there was a snowstorm and I staggered the two blocks to the pharmacy only to discover the new system hadn’t placed my meds order, and then the pharmacy closed because of the storm. Not a good night.

OMG aren't you glad that was a one-time-only experience! And it must have been something to have to do a tutorial for the people who were supposed to be taking care of you!

16 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Before surgery, like the night before, I didn’t worry about writing anyone goodbye notes but did realize that if I died my parents would go through all my stuff and find things I didn’t want them to see. So I wrote my sister and literally said “if I die, preserve my memory for the parents by getting in here first and censoring things”. She responded with the appropriate eye-roll.

After surgery I was mobile and feeling absolutely no pain as soon as I woke up, which was great, but it did mean that I was fully aware when I vomited a TON of half-coagulated blood after walking the halls. Most people pass it through their system, but I got to do the whole Exorcist thing.

Oh, and my hospital switched over to a new software system the DAY OF my surgery, so when the residents meandered over to puzzle over the new UI of the surgery board in pre-op, I ended up explaining it to them (I work on interface stuff and was waiting in there forever). And then when I got home there was a snowstorm and I staggered the two blocks to the pharmacy only to discover the new system hadn’t placed my meds order, and then the pharmacy closed because of the storm. Not a good night.

Absolute craziness! You have the BEST stories...

Well, my surgery was only last week but I'm still wondering what happened to my knickers. I had a surprise visit the night before surgery so had been provided with hospital panties and a pad to wear for the procedure. When I woke up, I remember people saying "so embarrassing". When I got to my overnight bed, I realized I'd lost the knickers. When I got to the ladies room, I realized that I still had the pad...I don't even know how. Anyway, I can't help wondering what happened. Did they take the knickers and then regret it? Lately, I've been wondering if I might've "farted" during the procedure. I suppose I will never know.

So, my boyfriend and I were in a rocky state anyways pre-op. I actually broke up with him pre-op, but he was staying with me until he found an apartment. Well a few days after surgery I wanted to go to Walmart at midnight so no one would see me staggering around and I could take my time and he promised numerous times he would go with me. Mind you, I was an insane hormonal mess for the first week, crying at nothing. Well, he decided he wanted to sleep instead and wouldn't go and said he would go in the morning... so I sat around fuming for 5 hours and crying that he wouldn't go to Walmart with me. So at 5am I woke him up and kicked him out. He had to pack his things and be out within an hour. Had to live in his car for over two weeks before he found a place. In hindsight, maybe a little harsh. We're friends again. This has all gone down in the last 6 weeks so... it's touch and go. lmao.

Edited by mousecat88

On 11/13/2018 at 7:30 AM, GreenTealael said:

I need it, my scars are still visible 1 yr later

I used Kelo cote, but I was bad at remebering to do it twice per day. So I switched to silicone tape. So much easier, cheaper, and it lasts for 5-days.

https://smile.amazon.com/Mepitac-298300-Soft-Silicone-Tape/dp/B07G2QYS5Z/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1545080999&sr=8-2&keywords=Mepitac+298300+Soft+Silicone+Tape%2C+2+cm+x+3+%2F0.8+in+x+3.3+yd

I kept my scars covered in tape for about 3 months, and they faded away nearly completely. You have to look hard to find them!

GERD is ramping up so I mentioned it to my Surgeon at latest visit. Discussed meds and final option of conversion. Nope. Rx'd meds but insurance will not cover. Guess who feels like suddenly considering it. 😅

32 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

GERD is ramping up so I mentioned it to my Surgeon at latest visit. Discussed meds and final option of conversion. Nope. Rx'd meds but insurance will not cover. Guess who feels like suddenly considering it. 😅

Do it! Do it now while it's showing a need. It will save you years of misery and potentially a case of Barrett's! ((hugs))

So I can't lay on my back without my stomach hurting (it's been that way prior to surgery) they don't know why and could never figure it out. So when I was post op in recovery I woke up on my back and I was in soo much pain (cause ya know surgery) but because I was so out of it I thought I was sleeping and had woken up on my back like I do at home so I tried to roll myself over and my nurse grabbed me and was like "YOU CAN'T ROLL OVER YOU JUST HAD SURGERY!!!" and I looked at him said "Let me roll over or so help me god I strangle you with my IV" needless to say they propped me up enough that I wasn't completely on your back.

My most dramatic moment so far was getting sick from the anesthesia after surgery. It was a rough 72 hours but after that, it's been smooth sailing so far.

I'm certain that I will have many many many more dramatic moments to come now that my impending RNY conversion surgery is just a few days away but here's the latest:

+Buying personalized engraved name bracelets/necklaces for each of my children (with the correct spelling of their names on them) before surgery not so they can be stylish Kings & Queens of 1995 😂 but just in case someone thought they were gonna try to abduct my youths, I (or anyone) would know at least one thing they are always wearing... #thankslifetime

+Actively going to the bank just to create a Totten trust to leave my shekels to my children 😞😒

I really need to stop Adulting for this week

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Been thinking about you! Sending huge hugs and thoughts of healing and peace for you. What you're feeling is lovely and maternal and so expected. You're gonna be a rockstar. You're such a vet on this whole thing and your doctor's hands will be blessed!