Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 minutes ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

Tea--It's your dramatic moments, many comedic, that I find so endearing about you. More exclamation points!!! More ellipses...

I am a chronic abuser of ... both!

😂

How could I forget this one...

We were driving home from the hospital and stopped once so I could walk around in a restaurant parking lot. After opening the door, I felt like I had to vomit and try to clear something from my throat...turns out it was my uvula!!! There was so much inflammation from being intubated that it was hanging down my throat. Every time I swallowed, it felt like I swallowed my tonsil. It was a truly horrible situation for about a week. As Mr. ElectricBoogaloo took a picture of it so that I could see, he said it is kind of shaped like a penis...at the grocery store...to which I responded a little louder than I should have (read:wailed), "I don't want to continually swallow a P***S!😂

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I am a chronic abuser of ... both!

😂

As do I...😊

On 10/30/2018 at 2:47 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When I woke up PO, I screamed, "I'M ALIVE?!" to which the entire room started laughing!

Then, the unthinkable happened later on that day....I had a vasovagal syncopal episode on my first walk PO, passed out, fell face first on the tiled floor (nurse present😒), unconscious for more than a minute, full code called, concussion...still suffering from that (may not resolve for 3 months), while the surgery itself has been smooth sailing. Go figure!

I bet I'm not the only one who googled that lol

My wife started crying when I was being prepped for surgery. In her defense, she was 3 months pregnant at the time. The nurse handled it very well and got her to laugh.

Eating a quarter of a doughnut less than a week post-op and throwing it back up.

Not my drama, but one of my neighbors in the hospital had a blood sugar reading of 350 and they found an empty Coke can in their room. I heard the nurses talking about it.

I tend toward low drama. No dying instructions for hubby and kids; didn't even tell hubby the ATM password! However, waking up with a purple/green swollen neck from an attempt by the anesthesiologist to put in an IV and then a central line put in by the surgeon in the OR (nurses had failed 6 times while I was awake) kinda freaked me out. Found out that all my veins are tiny. Who knew?

17 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I tend toward low drama. No dying instructions for hubby and kids; didn't even tell hubby the ATM password! However, waking up with a purple/green swollen neck from an attempt by the anesthesiologist to put in an IV and then a central line put in by the surgeon in the OR (nurses had failed 6 times while I was awake) kinda freaked me out. Found out that all my veins are tiny. Who knew?

I would have assumed someone tried to strangle me Lol

50 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I would have assumed someone tried to strangle me Lol

Scared the absolute bejesus out of my husband! At first, he thought there was some type of purple dressing around my neck, then he realized it was me!

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, BuzzVSG said:

After waking up from surgery, and enduring the recovery room, I was wheeled to a non-bariatric floor because it was full. After getting situated. I decided to take it upon myself to go for a walk. Well, we all know where the gas they pump into you goes, I stopped let one rip for what seemed like 30 seconds. I then heard a voice behind me say "did someone start a lawnmower?". I was mortified and hobbled back to my room.

Oh my goodness.. That gave me a good chuckle this sunday morning. I go in for surgery Thursday so I keep my mind in tune as much as possible LOL

On 11/04/2018 at 08:42, Orchids&Dragons said:

They stuck me 14 times in pre-op trying to get an IV in. Both arms - both hands and both feet had multiple sticks. My surgeon was ready for me and I still didn’t have an IV in. At one point I had 4 people at once trying to get one in!! They finally got one but it wasn’t in very good. I woke up with a different one in my left wrist! (And for a week after surgery I looked like a junky! Lol)

And who would have thought with you being a B8g Grown-up Girl that you have Infant Veins? Who would have thunk?😕😇👼

Hospital drama; 1am couldn’t sleep so I decided to walk the halls of the hospital. I heard a patient screaming “you can’t do this to me. I’m recovering from a gunshot wound!” She’s throwing things around the room. I’m really feeling bad for her thinking she’s probably in a ton of pain, she can sleep, they keep waking her up, taking her BP, etc, plus you get cabin fever because they don’t really let you go anywhere etc.
By the time I walked the whole exterior of the hospital wing and came back around the corner, all the stuff in her room was in the hallway, and when I walked passed the room it smelled like weed SO BAD! 😂 Ok, now I understand why she was upset.

Oh my, what a thing to happen. Don't smoke the lawn,Juan, or in this case Juanita! But the world does contain. all types, keep things less predictable!

3 hours ago, NYJenn said:

Hospital drama; 1am couldn’t sleep so I decided to walk the halls of the hospital. I heard a patient screaming “you can’t do this to me. I’m recovering from a gunshot wound!” She’s throwing things around the room. I’m really feeling bad for her thinking she’s probably in a ton of pain, she can sleep, they keep waking her up, taking her BP, etc, plus you get cabin fever because they don’t really let you go anywhere etc.
By the time I walked the whole exterior of the hospital wing and came back around the corner, all the stuff in her room was in the hallway, and when I walked passed the room it smelled like weed SO BAD! 😂 Ok, now I understand why she was upset.

"IT'S MEDICINALLLLLLLL"

Needles to say, we didn’t see her again after that 😬