Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
One Bariatricpal Multivitamin One Capsule a Day, All the Vitamins and Minerals You Need! Read more... ×

Considering my journey so far, I had quite a few dramatic moments (hope I've hid them well)...

The most dramatic moment was during pre surgery - prepping my Green Binder, where all the instructions of how to handle my legacy were placed (from funeral prep to future weddings of my children)

Sooooo dramatic, yes but I thought it was on tempo then.

What was your most dramatic moment during this journey? It doesn't have to be serious, it can be comical too.

Edited by GreenTealael

Ok, here's a comical one.

In the first few weeks after surgery when my gut was completely wonky, I had a lil accident...thinking I was farting...while out shopping with my bestie.

She ran and bought me a new pair of underpants and wet wipes while I hid in the bathroom cringing. OMG...

Yep, pooping your pants in Kohl's is drama:)

When I woke up PO, I screamed, "I'M ALIVE?!" to which the entire room started laughing!

Then, the unthinkable happened later on that day....I had a vasovagal syncopal episode on my first walk PO, passed out, fell face first on the tiled floor (nurse present😒), unconscious for more than a minute, full code called, concussion...still suffering from that (may not resolve for 3 months), while the surgery itself has been smooth sailing. Go figure!

19 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

In the first few weeks after surgery when my gut was completely wonky, I had a lil accident...thinking I was farting...while out shopping with my bestie.

She ran and bought me a new pair of underpants and wet wipes while I hid in the bathroom cringing. OMG...

I've thrown away a pair of underwear or two gambling on it being gas... 😓

22 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Mantra: Never trust a fart!! (I contemplated using this as my user name😂)

25 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When I woke up PO, I screamed, "I'M ALIVE?!" to which the entire room started laughing!

Then, the unthinkable happened later on that day....I had a vasovagal syncopal episode on my first walk PO, passed out, fell face first on the tiled floor (nurse present😒), unconscious for more than a minute, full code called, concussion...still suffering from that (may not resolve for 3 months), while the surgery itself has been smooth sailing. Go figure!

Craziness!

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Yikes! Ouch!

I told my husband to have me tested for CTE upon my death!

I can see how you'd be afraid of that. Sounds awful! Glad you're doing better now:)

1 minute ago, Creekimp13 said:

I can see how you'd be afraid of that. Sounds awful! Glad you're doing better now:)

Thank you! But, looking like a Klingon is not my jam, either😂😁

Chronic Traumatic.Encephalopathy or is there another💊 CTE disease? He will know something is wrong if your Boogaloo is unplugged. Oh at least you will be close to your Beloved when it happens!🔌

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Thank you! But, looking like a Klingon is not my jam, either😂😁

Is it wrong that it is my jam...

Trekkies unite!

Gee mine is so minor compared to yours. You see I DO NOT REMEMBER the Recovery Room, first surgery I had like that, and I have been "put out" maybe 10,times. Must have had me snowed under good, maybe in an avalanche? I felt so GOOD when I woke in my room I pulled up my gown to boob level to make sure I had actually had surgery, no incision pain, if it hadn't been for the six with steri-strips criss-crossed and the one in my navel that was dried and bloody, then I said to my son "Yeah They did after all do SURGERY" That's me, just a bundle of sparkling,wit, well Dr Needleman😷 did get me up at 3 am to make his 1st case of the morning deadline. I didn't feel like putting on tap shoes and dancing💃 around the unit quite yet. Little did I know I wouldn't get,out of my room until I was released. But every surgeon thinks differently, apparently he felt that my room wasbsafer than me traipsing all around. Hey No Big Thing in the Scheme of Things , is it_??

I went to visit my daughter at Uni for her 21st. It was approx 9 months after my band surgery. We went out for dinner. I was fine until I started walking across the carpark when I got a sudden severe cramp in my stomach. Carried on into the hotel and the next thing I knew I was coming around on the floor of the lift with a number of concerned people standing around me.

I got to go for a ride in an ambulance and spend the night on an uncomfy hospital bed instead of in the hotel. My BP was really low ( I was on BP lowering meds) and so was my potassium.

Oh elcee luv, you have,definately beaten my" Peek aboo, incisions I see you" Tale.Glad you're better and,right here with us. We need,our elsee right here on Bariatric Pal!