Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am generally staying under 1200, But i am suprised to see how fast calories can mount up even eating tiny meals! I have been using the baritastic ap and frequently see calories go up to 1,400-1,800 I'm never 100% sure if I've added the right amount as a lot of foods are either not on the list or brands i haven't heard of or my grams to oz conversation isn't very accurate, I always err on the higher side to compemsate for errors and also i sometimes don't eat all of the amount I've calculated. I went out for dinner the other night and had a macaroni cheese starter as my main course and immediately 750cals on my plate, I AM losing weight slowly so it is coming off but just wondering how everyone copes with meals? can people take a look at my average diet please...

8am Breakfast: 1 x toast OR 1 egg cheese & mushroom omelette OR pancake made with slimfast

8:30am coffee with semi skimmed milk

11am Snack: 1 piece of fruit OR kids raisins box

12:30 Lunch: half a small chicken breast & salad OR 2 babybel cheese and 2 crackerbread

3:30pm Coffee (ss milk)

6:30pm Dinner: small chicken breast with vegetables or salad OR slice of Gammon with 1 small potato and broccoli OR chilli con carne or bolognaise in a ramekin size tapas dish

7-8pm Possible (not everyday) a snack of handfull of nuts or handful of berries or a low fat yogurt

I don't have many or any bread/pasta/rice type carbs after Breakfast apart from the occasional crackerbread at lunch or maybe a potato with dinner maybe once a week.

I eat off a side plate or a bariatric Portion Control plate.

Take a look at my food and give me your opinion please, I think im eating too much but im hungry so it's hard to cancel a snack time, but maybe i could swap something out??IMG_20180907_173013_510.jpeg IMG_20180906_144700_192.jpeg PhotoGrid_1536083866757.jpeg IMG_20180904_130657_708.jpeg IMG_20180828_180349_982.jpeg IMG_20180901_193520_207.jpeg IMG_20180824_200547_500.jpeg IMG_20180822_184701_769.jpeg IMG_20180816_182946_090.jpeg IMG_20180524_135417_860.jpeg IMG_20180823_092407.jpeg

Seems carb heavy.

fruit or raisins for a snack would just make me want more carbs. Crackers and cheese for lunch, well there are just better options. Stick to the basics. Proteins like chicken, fish, lean meat. Eat it on some salad if you like.

Carrot stuffing, potatoes, etc.....carb, carb, carb.

It is just my opinion but I’d back down the carbs while you are still so soon out from surgery. You don’t need potatoes, or stuffing.You need Protein, and non starchy veggies, maybe a few berries if room. Why not some Greek yogurt for a snack?

4 hours ago, Sleeve_journey_2018_uk said:

I don't have many or any bread/pasta/rice type carbs after Breakfast apart from the occasional crackerbread at lunch or maybe a potato with dinner maybe once a week.

Look at the photos you posted though. Almost every single one is full of carbs. bread, crackers, lasagna, stuffing, peas...a lunch with 18g of sugar including raisins and an orange...all of those are carbs...

36 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Look at the photos you posted though. Almost every single one is full of carbs.

Interesting.

When I looked at the photos I saw meat, meat, meat and cheese, cheese, cheese.

It seems to be highly depended on the person looking at the pictures what seems to be the dominant food group or macronutrient in there.

You may be eating alot more food than most at your stage with alot of ingredients. This will add up very quickly. I suggest cutting all portions in half or trying to stick to simpler foods without sauces. Also it may be helpful to look for alternate types of the foods you like, low carb gluten free, low/no fat. These tend to have less cals. Weigh/measure your nuts because they are usually at least 160 Cal per 28-30 grams, that can be a whole Meal Replacement.

You need more water/fluids, but less coffee. Triple your Water intake and watch the kilos fall off.

Honestly everyone is different but at 10 months out, I don't even eat this much. Check in with your NUT/team to see where they want you to be.

Safe Journey!

Edited by GreenTealael

See? I look at the food and think, "Finally! Someone who eats as much volume as I do!" Cuz you know, there's comfort in knowing you're not the alone.

But knowing I can eat this much means, for me to personally lose, I HAVE to watch everything! I have to keep my cals super low, try very hard to keep fat low, Protein adequate and keep carbs low-ish-er. Some days I slip and am bad. I'm def. NOT a saint! But I agree with @KimTriesRNY that it looks like you are eating a generous portion of your food as slidery carbs and as @GreenTealael mentioned, you are eating things that are hard to control quantities on: nuts and raisins--pasta. It looks like many of your meals are very very calorie dense to me. I can def eat more casserole/lasagna/tikka masala/etc type composite meals than I can when I eat a separate dense protein and veg/salad.

I agree the amounts of sugars in some of the meals

43 minutes ago, summerset said:

It seems to be highly depended on the person looking at the pictures what seems to be the dominant food group or macronutrient in there.

If someone is eating meals with 6-9 grams of Protein and over 20-30 plus grams of carbs the dominant macro is carbs no matter who is looking.

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

See? I look at the food and think, "Finally! Someone who eats as much volume as I do!" Cuz you know, there's comfort in knowing you're not the alone.

But knowing I can eat this much means, for me to personally lose, I HAVE to watch everything! I have to keep my cals super low, try very hard to keep fat low, Protein adequate and keep carbs low-ish-er. Some days I slip and am bad. I'm def. NOT a saint! But I agree with @KimTriesRNY that it looks like you are eating a generous portion of your food as slidery carbs and as @GreenTealael mentioned, you are eating things that are hard to control quantities on: nuts and raisins--pasta. It looks like many of your meals are very very calorie dense to me. I can def eat more casserole/lasagna/tikka masala/etc type composite meals than I can when I eat a separate dense Protein and veg/salad.

I agree the amounts of sugars in some of the meals

I agree with this. It seems you have a fair amount of stomach capacity and/or food slides easily for you. That means you have to be more careful to focus on dense Proteins and then use low cal veg to fill up. Food like starches, nuts, dried fruit, sauces are very calorie dense, so you need to balance those with food that is less so.

4 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

If someone is eating meals with 6-9 grams of Protein and over 20-30 plus grams of carbs the dominant macro is carbs no matter who is looking.

Proteinoholics unite. Doesn't change the fact that there is meat, meat, meat and cheese, cheese, cheese to be seen. I always cringe when people think a diet that high in animal Protein is the super healthy thing to go to.

Doesn't have to be animal Protein, but protien of any kind. I agree protein should be higher than carbs. That is stressed before any wls.

23 minutes ago, summerset said:

Proteinoholics unite. Doesn't change the fact that there is meat, meat, meat and cheese, cheese, cheese to be seen. I always cringe when people think a diet that high in animal Protein is the super healthy thing to go to.

I always cringe when people veer off topic and criticize other posts yet don’t seem to have anything to post that pertains to the original poster’s question.

Nowhere did I suggest to this person that a diet high in animal Protein is “the” super healthy thing. I suggested reducing some of the grains and starchy vegetables.

Now did you have something constructive to add about the question the poster had about her diet or did you just post on here to criticize those of us that are trying to help?

I'm 3 weeks post op, and I see the meats, but I see a greater portion of carb heavy and sugary foods. This looks like a red flag to me.

And maybe it's the way the pictures were taken but it also looks like larger than avg. post op servings.