Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m officially a sleever

I’m on day 2 post op (sleeved 8/6) 1 & a half days in the hospital, I’m home now. Yesterday I could do everything for myself I even passed some gas ( gas pain is no joke). Today (8/8/18) I woke up on my own little pain and no assistance from anyone. I think it’s a mental thing. I also think it’s going to depend on how you’re feeling after surgery if you will need much help at home. The day of surgery I was soooooo weak but today I feel ready to walk some. A little gas pain and little stomach pain but other then that I’m doing fine for myself. Drinking is a bit of a challenge. Cold stuff worsens my gas pains hot stuff helps me pass gas. Overall, I feel great ! I will be back in no time. Now I’m just waiting to go #2.

Day 2 for me too. Was 1.5 days in hospital, same surgery date, same surgery!

I still have gas pain and my stomach muscles hurt. I have trouble going from lying to sitting position to get out of bed and weirdly my calves are tight.

The first bowel movement... just had that. I thought I was farting out the gas. Oops?

I prefer sitting to laying. I try to walk a little each hour.

chicken broth did help move more gas than my milked down Protein shake.... and felt better in my stomach. But ices also felt nice. It just depended if I took my medicine right before that or not. My stomach is definitely still settling.

Yay I’m so happy you are my sleeve twin! I have been focusing on drinking as much as I can. Unfortunately that’s about 2oz an hour. My Vitamins right now are only one every 2/3 hours. No bm for me yet but I can feel it. My stomach pain are only where the stomach was removed. Did you have to take something to poop?

And Congratulations to you,both. You Are A Couple Strong Strong Ladies and I salute you. I hope next month to do as good as you 2 are doing!😝🌈😝

You are going to be fine! You encourage so many of us and that we will return. You got this bariactic god mother 🧚🏼‍♀️we will be cheering with Protein so enough 🎉🎊

Welcome to 'the other side'!!! Try warm broth or tea, then alternate with sf popsicles - hydration is the name of the game right now. A heating pad on your tummy while laying down feels great. You may find intolerances to your favorite shake after being sleeved, I could barely tolerate thick shakes ad went for clearerversions Isopure ready-made blue raspberry diluted w crystal light lemonade worked better for me. You will weather this stage and in 4 weeks won't give any of today's misery a thought!

1 hour ago, KRush88 said:

I’m on day 2 post op (sleeved 8/6) 1 & a half days in the hospital, I’m home now. Yesterday I could do everything for myself I even passed some gas ( gas pain is no joke). Today (8/8/18) I woke up on my own little pain and no assistance from anyone. I think it’s a mental thing. I also think it’s going to depend on how you’re feeling after surgery if you will need much help at home. The day of surgery I was soooooo weak but today I feel ready to walk some. A little gas pain and little stomach pain but other then that I’m doing fine for myself. Drinking is a bit of a challenge. Cold stuff worsens my gas pains hot stuff helps me pass gas. Overall, I feel great ! I will be back in no time. Now I’m just waiting to go #2.

CONGRATS!!!

Speedy recovery

Congrats!! Keep it up!

On 08/08/2018 at 12:39, Sosewsue61 said:

Welcome to 'the other side'!!! Try warm broth or tea, then alternate with sf popsicles - hydration is the name of the game right now. A heating pad on your tummy while laying down feels great. You may find intolerances to your favorite shake after being sleeved, I could barely tolerate thick shakes ad went for clearerversions Isopure ready-made blue raspberry diluted w crystal light lemonade worked better for me. You will weather this stage and in 4 weeks won't give any of today's misery a thought!

Thank you ! I’m barely about to get down 2 ounces within an hour but slow and steady.

Congrats to all the new sleevers!!! Glad everything is going well.

Way to go, ladies! Keep it up!

Thank you!

I'm tomorrow morning. Nervous but reading this post has made me feel better!

3 minutes ago, hayr995 said:

I'm tomorrow morning. Nervous but reading this post has made me feel better!

WooHoo tomorrow is the start of your journey. I'm so happy for you.