Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 1/12/2024 at 11:26 AM, ms.sss said:

yesterday's snack and dinner.

SNACK: nuts and hershey's kisses (i blame the kisses on the poster who mentioned them last week...couldn't get them out of my mind so had to buy them of course!). Ate it all: 366 calories

Hi, I’m the problem 😂

1/2 a toasted bagel with melty cheese a piece of spam.

345 cals. basically ate it all.

i've become accustomed to not eat anything just for the sake of eating it...thereby undoing a lifetime of "clean your plate" mentality. so even if it's a tiny morsel of food that keeps me from a polished plate, i won't eat it unless i actually, really, want to eat it.

15BC99FC-EC46-4780-9569-90CE5C81F620.thumb.jpeg.12e85e3b7771db25b17135302eb8db85.jpeg

dupe

Edited by ms.sss

The finished products. The zucchini tart had my Boursin cheese & was sprinkled with pistachios & drizzled with honey. There wasn’t a piece left of that so a success. The Tomato had semi dried tomato tapenade & caramelised onion under the tomato - was left with half so lunch & dinner sorted for a couple of days 😉. I so love the ease of pre made puff pastry. The salad cos, pear, fennel, walnuts & cranberries with a red wine vinegar. My serve in the last pxt - each piece was an 8th of the tart. Finished with a fruit platter & a truffled brie cheese & omg was that truffled goodness.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpeg.86e595fea3efdaf575dfebd8c040f760.jpeg IMG_1044.thumb.jpeg.8b17dcae0942ecd3a5026da5b7684c4a.jpeg IMG_1043.thumb.jpeg.95991ab987ef0fcfea896ddddceac88c.jpeg

IMG_1046.thumb.jpeg.6c3282879c2d0de846609d7da3eb01f0.jpeg

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

1/2 a toasted bagel with melty cheese a piece of spam.

345 cals. basically ate it all.

i've become accustomed to not eat anything just for the sake of eating it...thereby undoing a lifetime of "clean your plate" mentality. so even if it's a tiny morsel of food that keeps me from a polished plate, i won't eat it unless i actually, really, want to eat it.

15BC99FC-EC46-4780-9569-90CE5C81F620.thumb.jpeg.12e85e3b7771db25b17135302eb8db85.jpeg

Same!!! My BF used to ask why can’t I just finish the two bites I’d leave?Because I did want to, I had enough! Then it became I should order less (I only order apps and small plates). He really tried to manage my food portions until I chewed him out. Sir, why are you so obsessed with me 😂 JK

I realized I didn’t grow up in the finish everything on you plate type of home (and truth be told I’m now realizing I have been a picky eater my entire life so it wouldn’t have worked well on me). But he absolutely was forced or shamed into a clean plate. It’s really damaging long term especially if your parents don’t prepare healthy choices (or just don’t cook well 🤣)

I glad you got to break free of the cycle ❤️

Edited by GreenTealael

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

It’s really damaging long term especially if your parents don’t prepare healthy choices (or just don’t cook well 🤣)

I glad you got to break free of the cycle ❤️

I was in the large family that celebrated/soothed everything with food. Sad? Have a cookie you’ll feel better! Good grades? Have some ice cream! Birthday? Don’t forget the cake! Going to a reunion? Make sure you bring the potato salad and pink stuff! Oh someone died? Don’t forget the luncheon and the funeral potatoes and pie.

But dinners most week nights were my responsibility after age 10 so we ate a lot of latchkey ability dinners- spaghetti, white people tacos (tortillas, ground beef, shredded cheese, iceberg lettuce and sour cream), and Mac and cheese with peas and tuna mixed in, and potato surprise (mashed potatoes, ground beef, peas, and shredded cheese).

Now? I’m still the one cooking even for holidays and such. I don’t regret it but I do make better choices now that I know better…. Most of the time.

Homemade mix of sweet and sour and general tso’s chicken but with vegan nuggets (on clearance for $1.59 a bag!) with rice.

Yogurt Gummy Snacks I bought my kid but they say they hate them now so I’m eating them.

Chopped salad with crispy corn tortillas- pinto Beans, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, tajin, cumin, and lime juice

IMG_6672.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg

IMG_6654.jpeg

so today the deep fryer i bought on an online sale was delivered (yes, i said deep fryer! don't judge me!) i spent all morning and afternoon researching recipes so that i could use my new toy. short-listed to 5 recipes that i knew i already had the required ingredients on hand for, and then....realized i had no oil! whomp, whomp.

sooooo.....dinner tonight ended up being strawberry yougurt with a chopped up fresh fig on top. i was so hungry (cuz i forgot to have lunch because of the aforementioned researching, dammit) that I ate 2 of these babies.

(2x yougut) + (2x figs) = 360 calories.

isnt my tiny spoon the cutest!??

9EE038AC-C91D-4268-BA0B-0ABE7BFC7372.thumb.jpeg.86157cec0efce4d1399e483ee7189ab2.jpeg

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

so today the deep fryer i bought on an online sale was delivered (yes, i said deep fryer! don't judge me!) i spent all morning and afternoon researching recipes so that i could use my new toy. short-listed to 5 recipes that i knew i already had the required ingredients on hand for, and then....realized i had no oil! whomp, whomp.

sooooo.....dinner tonight ended up being strawberry yougurt with a chopped up fresh fig on top. i was so hungry (cuz i forgot to have lunch because of the aforementioned researching, dammit) that I ate 2 of these babies.

(2x yougut) + (2x figs) = 360 calories.

isnt my tiny spoon the cutest!??

9EE038AC-C91D-4268-BA0B-0ABE7BFC7372.thumb.jpeg.86157cec0efce4d1399e483ee7189ab2.jpeg

I stole a tiny spoon like this from a hotel. Great for boiled eggs and soldiers

14 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

But dinners most week nights were my responsibility after age 10 so we ate a lot of latchkey ability dinners

Latchkey Children unite!

its been a couple months since i last made a salad for myself at home in my trusty salad bowl. i blame the holidays and vacation and pure laziness!

salads always, ALWAYS! hits the spot!

347 cals for the entire bowl, ate about 3/4 of it? yummer!

p.s. i don't normally eat this late (its after 9pm here), but i was making and assembling empanadas for the past couple hours to fry in my deep fryer tomorrow. never deep fried my empanadas before (i always bake them)...we'll see if they turn out...i'll post pics tomorrow!)

2CEA347C-9531-4CEC-B279-1B5D3A636D19.thumb.jpeg.a257ad8531be5b90e59c1a6fc12383fe.jpeg

On 1/14/2024 at 10:09 PM, Arabesque said:

The finished products. The zucchini tart had my Boursin cheese & was sprinkled with pistachios & drizzled with honey. There wasn’t a piece left of that so a success. The Tomato had semi dried Tomato tapenade & caramelised onion under the tomato - was left with half so lunch & dinner sorted for a couple of days 😉. I so love the ease of pre made puff pastry. The salad cos, pear, fennel, walnuts & cranberries with a red wine vinegar. My serve in the last pxt - each piece was an 8th of the tart. Finished with a fruit platter & a truffled brie cheese & omg was that truffled goodness.

IMG_1045.thumb.jpeg.86e595fea3efdaf575dfebd8c040f760.jpeg IMG_1044.thumb.jpeg.8b17dcae0942ecd3a5026da5b7684c4a.jpeg IMG_1043.thumb.jpeg.95991ab987ef0fcfea896ddddceac88c.jpeg

IMG_1046.thumb.jpeg.6c3282879c2d0de846609d7da3eb01f0.jpeg

Ok this is gorgeous! What did you use for the tart crust? Homemade? Pre made?

On 1/15/2024 at 3:09 AM, Arabesque said:

The finished products. The zucchini tart had my Boursin cheese & was sprinkled with pistachios & drizzled with honey. There wasn’t a piece left of that so a success. The Tomato had semi dried Tomato tapenade & caramelised onion under the tomato - was left with half so lunch & dinner sorted for a couple of days 😉. I so love the ease of pre made puff pastry. The salad cos, pear, fennel, walnuts & cranberries with a red wine vinegar. My serve in the last pxt - each piece was an 8th of the tart. Finished with a fruit platter & a truffled brie cheese & omg was that truffled goodness.

They all look absolutely delicious. Will deffo try the boursin recipe soon. Hope you had much fun. My go-to puff pastry topping is goat's cheese, caramelised onions and walnuts. Might substitute your boursin, think it would be perfect!

And do I spy a little salty tang of parmesan on the salad? 😍