Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Awww, thats sweet. Actually i tied my own record of 13 days i set back in 2019 after i had plastics.

constipation has been a pretty regular issue for me since getting WLS (prior to that i used to go 2-3 times a DAY…yes, i know TMI lol). Couple that with my historical issue of not being able to go Number 2 anywhere but my own toilet at home, it was kinda expected. 🙄

In any case, my colon is clear again, thanks to 2 rounds of suppositories, and implementing the trusty pregnancy/labour breathing techniques during the deed!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

That’s is a long time! Glad it’s over. Oh and I’ll literally go anywhere decent. Actually the nicer the bathroom the more I want to use it 😂.

On 05/31/2022 at 21:55, Sophie7713 said:

My Happy Birthday dinner + lunch Memorial weekend celebration with some of my favorite people! Love turkey and dressing outside the holidays... And, dessert nibbles shared by four. Green Tealeah's lemon custard honey cake (gluten free) was to die for!

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1117.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg

Omg love all the great pictures of y’all!! And the desserts!!! I love anything lemon too!!!

🎉Happy Birthday Sophie!!!🎉

On 06/01/2022 at 09:08, ms.sss said:

Totally unnecessary news, but last night I pooped y’all. 13 days, 2.4 lbs off the scale afterwards. Then i fell asleep afterwards from the effort. 🥹

Anyhoo, this morning i woke up STARVING (well for me) and fixed myself a rare before-noon meal.

I made bbq ribs for the fam last night (which I didn’t eat any of…see poop-sleep above), so I heated up some of the leftovers in a dinner roll with some BBQ Sauce. Oy my goodness, I make awesome ribs! Lololololzzz.

425 calories for the while slider, which i ate half of, so will update MFP to show 213 calories as Mr. ate the other half already.

9B5C9F5A-E7AF-4CD4-9215-D1D7C29FDF06.thumb.jpeg.3abd38060dfc54a22bb049773c0222d3.jpeg

Congrats on the poop baby! Lol
13 days sounds pretty painful but man I bet you feel so much better now!!
Rib slider look delicious!

Growing up my favorite summer sandwich was always cucumber and Tomato on wonder bread with mayo salt and pepper. I’d also eat an entire can of cooked spinach with added salt uncooked as a snack.

Now that I’m an adult, I eat these or more accurately, half of these. 😂 No leftovers for later as a kid claimed the rest. The spoon was meant for a yogurt that went pack in the fridge. I’ll adjust the calories later.

98FF41F3-8F49-4A27-A05E-673C6E501E31.jpeg

B9DF570C-3028-48D0-8F33-AEEC9CEFAF0D.jpeg

06341F59-BC3B-41EA-AB1B-DFC6E0E4F13B.jpeg

On 06/01/2022 at 21:10, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Growing up my favorite summer sandwich was always cucumber and Tomato on wonder bread with mayo salt and pepper. I’d also eat an entire can of cooked spinach with added salt uncooked as a snack.

Now that I’m an adult, I eat these or more accurately, half of these. 😂 No leftovers for later as a kid claimed the rest. The spoon was meant for a yogurt that went pack in the fridge. I’ll adjust the calories later.

98FF41F3-8F49-4A27-A05E-673C6E501E31.jpeg

B9DF570C-3028-48D0-8F33-AEEC9CEFAF0D.jpeg

06341F59-BC3B-41EA-AB1B-DFC6E0E4F13B.jpeg

I’ve never had that sandwich but it looks and sounds yummy!
I 💛cucumbers and spinach so I’m sure I’d love it!

I realize my meals have been lacking of greenery of late (i have yet to go grocery shopping since coming back from vacay). 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jamaican beef patty and some ketchup chips. Ate 1/2 the patty and all the chips: 346 calories.

I’ve been told that Ketchup Chips aren’t as widely available in the US as it is in Canada. If the Americans on here haven’t yet sampled Ketchup chips, you don’t know what you are missing!! Think: sweet/tangy/savoury. #yum

C4DC6E16-CBFF-47D8-B359-0ECF73A15E1F.thumb.jpeg.df0faf529656f0ba89ff16d73e177d6f.jpeg

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

I’ve been told that ketchup chips aren’t as widely available in the US as it is in Canada. If the Americans on here haven’t yet sampled Ketchup chips, you don’t know what you are missing!! Think: sweet/tangy/savoury. #yum

C4DC6E16-CBFF-47D8-B359-0ECF73A15E1F.thumb.jpeg.df0faf529656f0ba89ff16d73e177d6f.jpeg

Ketchup chips are so good! I grew up in Maine and had them all the time as a child.

My husband is from NYC and made chopped cheese for his lunch and made a special one for me:

1/3 cup ground turkey seasoned with salt, zatar seasoning, and hot sauce all cooked until done and chopped into pieces in the pan

2 TBSP non fat greek yogurt

2 teaspoons of sugar free ketchup

He knows I love pickles and went the extra mile and grated in a half sour pickle spear for me.

It was delicious and filling and just everything I wanted for lunch on the soft meat stage.

IMG_3749.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 6:47 AM, FarfelDiego said:

So hard! Looking at the food on this thread though is giving me hope! There’s not one Protein Shake pictured! Light at the end of the tunnel! The sickening sweet Protein shake tunnel!

I tossed those shakes as soon as I finished the liquid stage & not one has touched my lips in the three years since. There is a giant shining beacon of light ahead for you.

Happy birthday @Sophie7713. ❤️ What a fabulous way to Celebrate with your wonderful husband & the equally wonderful @GreenTealael.

Cucumber sandwiches in white bread were my favourite too @Starwarsandcupcakes. No spinach but soaked the cucumber in vinegar (balsamic usually). So good.

We had Tomato flavoured chips here in Australia (Red Seal were the best) as I grew up which I think would be similar to ketchup flavoured. They don’t make them any more sadly … but then maybe not as they would be a terrible temptation to me.

So relieved you have finally pooped @ms.sss but then probably not as relieved as yiu were. 😆 It was like poop watch there for a while.

Edited by Arabesque

This was my meal from lunch with @Sophie7713. chicken souvlaki complete with salad, fries, pita, hummus and tzatziki sauce.
This is probably the biggest plate of food I’ve seen place before me in years. Obviously I didn’t pay attention to the the fact that it was an entree not a small plate/appetizer. This became 4 separate meals (I ate leftovers 🥹) with some that was tossed in the end. Still it was very good.

D9C0FD4B-2CDC-4CFA-BA23-0FE784C031C8.jpeg

And a yesterday this was my version of a pita plate with carrots, beets, cucumber and hummus. It was shared with one of my teens.

E1662CBC-3150-4494-AB4B-78618BA4F508.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

On 5/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, FarfelDiego said:

So hard! Looking at the food on this thread though is giving me hope! There’s not one Protein Shake pictured! Light at the end of the tunnel! The sickening sweet Protein shake tunnel!

I usually drink a Protein Shake a day (usually as coffee creamer) even at almost 2yrs post revision.

Stopped into a local coffee shop after taking a kid to the eye doctor and OMG this Cookies and cream scone. I ended up eating about a 1/4 of it along with a cafe mocha. The rest of the scone went into the fridge.

Also, the bakery 2 doors down was just as amazing. I took 2 bites of the blackberry pie bar and divided the scones among kids. And the strawberry cheesecake cookie went straight to the eye glasses getting kiddo.

22FA4266-5B45-4EF9-892A-E07015940C7C.jpeg

7E7779F7-146E-46F7-92E7-B1A4B19FFE14.jpeg

Hi all, I like sharing the story, because I remember having just as many questions when I had this (lapband) done back when my youngest child was 2 (so 8 years ago) I had been at a regular weight (5'5 or so and 130 lbs) - was good for me....until I got preg with my first - and SOMEHOW gained 70 with him (when I was 26) and despite diets, Weight Watchers, boot camps, south beach, no carb, walking, gym memberships - I only lost 30 of it. THEN, 6 years later (at the age of 32, I purposely got pregnant again, gained only 30 this time around, But remember - I was still carrying around the 40 pounds from my first baby(cakes).

Anyway, in desperation, I did it. And I felt embarrassed that I had to go that route. But with my new metabolism and having two pregnancies - and after all the regular stuff, gym, walking, boot camp etc. -- it would not leave me and I didn't feel healthy. So, I did get the lapband, and it was a pain in the ass, there were required seminars and prescreening and pretests, liver checks, etc. etc. (but btw, eating healthier, exercise *walking was a huge help*)

So, when my daughter was 2-3ish (back then it took forever to get certified, especially if you were too close to the BMI weight, which I was right on the cusp of not being qualified. Back then, it was like you had to gain weight before you qualified for it.

When all was said and done, (again about 10 years ago now) I did land at a net weight loss of 70 pounds (from 240ish to 140/150) - but once I stopped having it filled, I did gain about 20. However, it doesn't matter, i'm back to close to pre-pregnancy weight and feel more in control about losing that in a healthy way. I know it's not easy when it's more than 50 pounds to lose. But, I do feel better! I don't really care now the nubmer that I weigh, as long as I feel good and more healthy.

I quit getting it filled after after three times- it was very restrictive , even the doctor could see that. So, LONG story short, I was at where I wanted to be and had it completely unfilled, then removed about a month ago - I have not gained any weight!!! That is people's fear, but nope, I am happy to report, I actually lost 7 pounds since it was removed. And I feel much better with it OUT.

I, obviously, am not against people who want or need it, but just keep an eye on it. My doctor said (not quoting him direct but in a nutshell he said ----> "10 year shelf life, if that - the statistics are still coming in" - just be careful. One POSITIVE experience from it: because I was restricted from eating for so long (whether band was filled or unfilled), I learned quickly to eat reasonable portions, not binge eat like I did when I was pregnant or whenever (everyone situation is different of to why they over ate)....and with the confidence that came with losing the weight - it did encourage me to PERMANENTLY eat different, healthier, and overall be more conscious of our eating habits and choices. And for those of you with kids, I don't need to repeat that! we want our kids to lead by example. I wish you all the best - I guess I'm leaning any advice for people with hesitations or wondering about self-experiences , and here to say - if you have the band, control the mind set and make it a permanent mindset and keep an eye on it!!! Because eventually you will not need it nor be able to have it. The removal surgery very me sucked badly, it was all wrapped around my intestines. (my doctor quit even doing them 7-8 years ago because of the complications they are seeing now that they have been reported more). But I guess, after everything else I tried and in combination with the rest of effort, it was worth it. if you get into that new "groove" - you won't need it the rest of your life. The important part, I think, is to sustain how your appetite and mind reconfigures itself afterwards. If you have any questions at all - feel free to message me! :) P.S. - I am not condoning lap band nor against it. I am only sharing my personal experience - just because I know that people need it for whatever reason they choose (health/self-confidence/feel better/not be so hot in the summer/can't lose/new metabolism sucks/never lost that baby weight, , etc., 👨‍⚕️