Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos



Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Cheeseburger w lettuce/tomato
image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

My goodness, where did you find such a delicious-looking Tomato? I've been craving a BLT, but can't find a local source for decent tomatoes. They're all vaguely pink and mealy, with no flavor. <sigh>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!!😊
Heb (grocery store in Texas)
It’s a Roma Tomato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Oh ate 1/2….
PS and dinner not by a pool with🍷
@ms.sss can I come over!!??lol

If you are ever in my neck of the woods (i’m serious!) i’d be happy to lay around in bikinis with you (and yep, that Tomato looks so luscious i’d believe you if you said it was fake!) 😎

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im told myself i’d do a 2wk stint of low-carbing starting today to get myself bikini ready for an upcoming vacay at the end of the month.

(while i am no longer a card-carrying ultra-low carber these days, i do acknowledge the drastic effect it has on my appearance when i do, which, in my opinion, is for the better as I think my body looks so much less “puffy” when deprived of carbohydrates). Plus I anticipate many an alcoholic drink to be consumed on vacay so it’ll all even out in the end anyway, lol.

But I digress.

Mr comes home with my absolute favourite brand of Jamaican Beef Patty (perfect amount of spice and sauciness of filling, as well as my preferred pastry makeup: not too, too flaky on the outside and chewy/soft just under the surface…how that for a description!?! Lol)

So low-carbing be damned!

I split one with Mr. 190 calories for 1/2 the patty. 🤤

79D24E30-B16D-4F8F-81B8-E089B454E4AE.thumb.jpeg.6fe13fb5c572ba1e138240e9d07e0ab1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Mr comes home with my absolute favourite brand of Jamaican Beef Patty (perfect amount of spice and sauciness of filling, as well as my preferred pastry makeup: not too, too flaky on the outside and chewy/soft just under the surface…how that for a description!?! Lol)

So low-carbing be damned!

I split one with Mr. 190 calories for 1/2 the patty. 🤤

79D24E30-B16D-4F8F-81B8-E089B454E4AE.thumb.jpeg.6fe13fb5c572ba1e138240e9d07e0ab1.jpeg

Oh, that looks and sounds divine. Too carby for me to eat these days, but someday . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna say @ms.sss that I’ll be more than happy to eat ALL the carbs!

As is the case with dinner- kabuli pilau and vegetable raita. For those that aren’t familiar- pilau is a kind of rice pilaf dish that varies by country across Southern Asia and the Middle East, kabuli pilau is one that comes from Kabul, Afghanistan and traditionally is made with lamb, carrots and raisins. Raita is a yogurt dip? salad? that’s popular in many variations in India. I think if I make that particular pilau again I’ll double the spices and reduce the ghee used.

No after picture, I ate it all.

1E4A9C14-9D4E-4A2D-89FF-BF82EE576614.jpeg

E36330B6-3A20-4516-8D25-0AC1CAD56B90.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/13/2022 at 08:19, ms.sss said:






If you are ever in my neck of the woods (i’m serious!) i’d be happy to lay around in bikinis with you (and yep, that Tomato looks so luscious i’d believe you if you said it was fake!) 😎


Yes!! This could totally be us!
My nephews wife is from Canada. She has some pretty pics from there. Seems beautiful there!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kris77 said:
It’s a Roma Tomato

Well that explains it. Roma tomatoes are the best. So flavoursome. I used to have them on toast every morning. Some cracked black pepper & sea salt. Delicious.

I’d be happy to share your lunch with you @Starwarsandcupcakes. I’ll have the blue cheese, pear slices & walnuts & you can have the sourdough. 😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/13/2022 at 12:06, ms.sss said:



Im told myself i’d do a 2wk stint of low-carbing starting today to get myself bikini ready for an upcoming vacay at the end of the month.




(while i am no longer a card-carrying ultra-low carber these days, i do acknowledge the drastic effect it has on my appearance when i do, which, in my opinion, is for the better as I think my body looks so much less “puffy” when deprived of carbohydrates). Plus I anticipate many an alcoholic drink to be consumed on vacay so it’ll all even out in the end anyway, lol.




But I digress.




Mr comes home with my absolute favourite brand of Jamaican Beef Patty (perfect amount of spice and sauciness of filling, as well as my preferred pastry makeup: not too, too flaky on the outside and chewy/soft just under the surface…how that for a description!?! Lol)




So low-carbing be damned!




I split one with Mr. 190 calories for 1/2 the patty. 🤤








79D24E30-B16D-4F8F-81B8-E089B454E4AE.thumb.jpeg.6fe13fb5c572ba1e138240e9d07e0ab1.jpeg


From the pics on saw on OOTD you already look bikini ready my friend! You look awesome!
I agree though with you. I do feel better and look better when limiting myself on “things”. Mine is sweets like chocolate,
Chocolate covered frozen banana slices….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@arabesque& @ms.sss
Y’all both spell favorite and flavor….”favourite and flavour”
Is that a Canadian thing? Or a French thing perhaps? Just something I noticed and was curious…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

@arabesque& @ms.sss
Y’all both spell favorite and flavor….”favourite and flavour”
Is that a Canadian thing? Or a French thing perhaps? Just something I noticed and was curious…

Lol yeah i think its a remnant of British rule ( @Arabesque is in Australia, but both our country’s early relationship with the British settlers was not as contentious as the U.S. was, so i suppose the traditions/way of doing things-like spelling-were more readily adopted?…who knows…my high school History is a distant memory lol).

They/we like to add unnecessary ”U’s” to our words:

Flavour, Colour, Honour, Neighbour

Also like to switch our “er”’s to “re”’s:

Centre, Sombre, Millimetre.

😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t know who I’m kidding.

I put this plate of leftovers together to eat for “lunch” thinking i would put a reasonably sized dent into it cuz I was STARVING.

Measured and logged it all onto MFP and for some reason felt like I was looking at Mt. Everest and was all Um, nope…cant do this. And just like that, starvation gone. So its back in the fridge untouched for later.

But i took a picture, so here it is anyway.

For funsies, am also including what most of it looked like last night when it wasn’t yet leftovers but First-overs.

356 calories for the leftover plate (yep i used an actual dinner plate this time instead of my usual saucer cuz i thought i was that hungry)

The leftover plate:

8016F16C-DCC8-4C33-AEF8-A493695DF5AA.thumb.jpeg.6e76ddee7bc8545eda59f85cb69523f5.jpeg

Some of its original presentation last night…i didn’t take pics of it all, but the un-shown dishes were equally yummy looking:

(those gold skulls are actually bourbon ganache filled chocolates brushed with gold shimmer powder…so cute)

33007673-FD20-416E-ABC6-6168D515B5A9.thumb.jpeg.77f2632309e7448c996802e16a8fd0cb.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/14/2022 at 13:31, ms.sss said:



I don’t know who I’m kidding.




I put this plate of leftovers together to eat for “lunch” thinking i would put a reasonably sized dent into it cuz I was STARVING.




Measured and logged it all onto MFP and for some reason felt like I was looking at Mt. Everest and was all Um, nope…cant do this. And just like that, starvation gone. So its back in the fridge untouched for later.




But i took a picture, so here it is anyway.




For funsies, am also including what most of it looked like last night when it wasn’t yet leftovers but First-overs.




356 calories for the leftover plate (yep i used an actual dinner plate this time instead of my usual saucer cuz i thought i was that hungry)




The leftover plate:




8016F16C-DCC8-4C33-AEF8-A493695DF5AA.thumb.jpeg.6e76ddee7bc8545eda59f85cb69523f5.jpeg




Some of its original presentation last night…i didn’t take pics of it all, but the un-shown dishes were equally yummy looking:




(those gold skulls are actually bourbon ganache filled chocolates brushed with gold shimmer powder…so cute)




33007673-FD20-416E-ABC6-6168D515B5A9.thumb.jpeg.77f2632309e7448c996802e16a8fd0cb.jpeg


Yes sometimes you think you are a lot hungrier than actuality.

Those plates of food look amazing!!🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kris77 said:

@arabesque& @ms.sss
Y’all both spell favorite and flavor….”favourite and flavour”
Is that a Canadian thing? Or a French thing perhaps? Just something I noticed and was curious…

Yep, it’s the English spelling. It’s you Americans who are spelling (& pronouncing) English words incorrectly. 😁

Australia & Canada, while both independent nations, are members of the British commonwealth because of our colonial history. Our language, constitutions, justice systems, etc. are based upon the British systems. You gave up your colonial ties during your War of Independence. Here endth the history lesson for today. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Salad!

550 calories.

If i don't eat too much of the cut up chicken crust, i mat be able to eat a good bit if this….🤞🏼

390F4F01-8FBF-4384-8E45-DCF9E10EC656.thumb.jpeg.a0c94e37906b5e53841024e2258eeee4.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Rose99

      Hi guys I really want to share this video https://shrinke.me/A7u74lMl what I eat in a day to lose weight. You'll never regret, just try it!)
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Meganator

      Over 100lbs down (80ish PO VSG 10/13/21). It feels so unreal to me.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sunshine Princess

      I just had a teaspoon of hummus with a teaspoon of avocado topped with a teaspoon of greek yogurt and it. was. GLORIOUS. I'm four days out and my surgeon gave me the greenlight to work in small amounts of pureed food. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lizardskelter

      done
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • heyitsdilly

      I've officially surpassed 80lbs of weight loss! Working on that 100lbs!
      · 1 reply
      1. acopas

        Way to go!

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×