Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

You are definitely a success! Hang in there 😃

I had the sleeve 9/13. Still dealing with the gas in my chest, shoulders and back. But otherwise moving around fine and getting my Vitamins and Protein. I lost 58 lbs pre surgery and 3 since. Very happy with my decision.

6 hours ago, Avrilyn said:

I had the sleeve 9/13. Still dealing with the gas in my chest, shoulders and back. But otherwise moving around fine and getting my Vitamins and Protein. I lost 58 lbs pre surgery and 3 since. Very happy with my decision.

I had mine also on the 13th. Doing good so far with everything.. gas is finally subsided.. just feeling hungry! Its odd.. i am struggling getting in enough Water cus it seems such a steep hill to climb. Doing shakes and Jello and popsicles..just want to eat! But i know I cant. I think watching tv makes this all harder cus the commercials for food are constant! I never really noticed it before now!

Well today is a better day.Tomkitten heated me a can of. cream of 🍄 mushroom Soup. I credit,it with helping me turn the cornerm Going to make scrambled eggs , bulk of it for him 1/3 to 1/2 cup for me. One rare occasion when we can,eat the same thing, maybe b the start of something great!🍝

Frustr8, how is it that 11 days out you can have Soup and eggs? I'm almost 9 WEEKS out and still cannot have eggs! You must be some kind of Wonder Woman.

Edited by nibble
typo

Ok. I have a question. I had RNY on 9/13. My kiddo had a runny nose and a bad cough that started a few days before my surgery. Well, now I have a runny nose and a bad cough and sore throat. I feel like I am running a slight fever (I don’t have a thermometer or at least I can’t find one). Should I call the office? in the morning? or wait it out? I am getting most of my fluids (of course it’s pouring right back out my stupid nose).

Is your PCP comfotable with immediately post surgery patients? Some are , some aren't. Otherwise you are in your surgery and surgeon's custody for 6 weeks post surgery. . What I would do is call surgeon's office, explain your problem, if they say go to PCP instead, then do that. But do somethingn no sense in slowing down your recovery by not doing anything.

They are all part of the same group so she is ok with it. My surgeon said just to keep a watch on the fever and it should be ok. If no go to PCP. I have an appointment with PCP in Thursday so I am going to hang tough till then. At least try to.

No,Nibble the Super-Surgery- Chick,is not firing on all cylinders. Dr Needleman took me to Stage 3 at 6 days. I now do not agree with him.
In the last 2 days I have kept down
6 Protein Shakes I Premier Protein , I AdvantEDGE soy 4 muscle milk
6!8 sugar free jello
5 tropical,sf,popsicles
1C low sodium V8 in 2 oz portions
applesauce Musselman low sugat assorted Water and no cal fluids to make Q.S.
1/4 c pureed vegetable soup
Things I puked, urped or otherwise forcible up check
cottage cheese both small curd and pureed
greek yogurt thinned
pureed flounder
pureed soft roast pork
2 T scrambled egg
creamed wheat thinned out to runny
Do,you see a pattern ,,I am not ready

@frustr8 you’ve eaten a lot more than I have! I’m tye last 2 days I’ve had
1/3 Premier Protein shake
12oz Apple juice
10 oz chicken broth
2c ice chips.

I’m really struggling! Hospital said it’s reflux and so we’ll see how I improve mixing forward.

I’d say trust your body. If it’s too soon don’t push it. You have the rest of your life to get there. My surgeon was very kind and said do not obsess about measurements and just make sure I’m using the restroom and that I feel ok.

for fancy added foods, I am tired and more than a little sore frothe attempting. Today while talking to Ellie123 I was urping once again. And that was from thin pureed cottage cheese.

I try to tell myself that these rough days will be past soon. I wish there was some way of rubbing Precious Pouch when. she rears up like an angry baseball of flesh in my chest. Odd, you always have a mental image of your gastrointestinal system. much further down in your abdomen. This pain is immediately below my sternum, did my,surgeon resuspend. it. deliberatelyinto my chest? Feels like it is on top of my diaphragm, not beneath it..I know it is said surgeon's rearrange your anatomy, but to this great an extent?👈😫👉

And since I sort- of now have made myself a diet plan, now I'm trying to add in my meds for peak efficiency. :-* do know space calcium citrate away from Iron, away,from Multivitamins. Okay but doesn't Protein Shakes also contain Calcium, space them away from Multi Vitamins also. I know Ditropan first thing in morning, Zyrtec, signulair at night like. h.s.Well I have Wellbutrin 3 times daily, when do it work those in? Do they fight with anybody? I was supposed to take liquid Tylenol for certain length of of time , why when I am observing,no discernible. pain? I do understand. Zofran 8Am - 4PM - 10 PM , which I must continue because of Precious Pouch and I being quesey longer than 2 weeks. And Lovenox, oh that's one I am GOOD at, 8 AM-8PM, go jab thyself. The rest of the time shoehorn 6 mini meals in, take QS fluids in 48 oz moving up to 64 and then past. Exercise and walk, try to live life but nothing over 5 lbs of weight. And smile, smile, smile, wouldn' want to scare off future WLS patients, would we? Oh yes B12 is to be started, now where does it fit in?

13 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

now where does it fit in?

Isn't it fun? Your whole day now must revolve around YOUR needs! Be the DIVA that you are - it's all such a wonderful adventure...WHEE...

And today I am playing a new game.🚽versus Frustr8 versus. 💩. Who will win this game? Milk of Magnesia, since Calgon hasn't showed up, You Take ME Away!