Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

2 hours ago, Mitzimom said:

Lucky both of you! Mine is a full liquid diet with 90 g of Protein. broth, strained cream of Soups, power aid zero, sf popsicles, sf Jello, Water and crystal light. But I guess that is why the said for us NOT to start it any sooner than the date given to us by the surgeon.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to try starting that one early. Is your pre-op diet 2 weeks?

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Lucky you Christabelle, mine is only a thousand, 4 shakes I fruit snack , dinner 300 calorie,or less frozen entree less than 30 carbs, or in exchange, 6oz lean meat, nobeef and 1 c non starchy vegetable, no potatoes, corn or peas. I could also have small veggie salad with 2 T diet dressing.
And 64+ oz Water or no cal no caff drinks

Mine is the same as far as lean meat. Mostly chicken and fish. No starchy vegetables. One serving of fat. So basically a teaspoon of olive oil or butter. No caffeine. I started weaning myself off of it as soon as I found out, so back on June 28th because I love coffee.

So I get 200 more calories in mine, but you get more ounces of meat and a fruit Snacks.

On 08/27/2018 at 20:27, Christabelle said:

Mine is the same as far as lean meat. Mostly chicken and fish. No starchy vegetables. One serving of fat. So basically a teaspoon of olive oil or butter. No caffeine. I started weaning myself off of it as soon as I found out, so back on June 28th because I love coffee.

So I get 200 more calories in mine, but you get more ounces of meat and a fruit Snacks.

Can you have Decaf coffee?

9 hours ago, selah65 said:

Can you have Decaf coffee?

I can. I'm not supposed to have even decaf post-op for awhile because of the acid, so I'm just holding off until then.

Hey try the Torani flavorings in the coffee aisle, a little pricey but it takes you away from dull bland vanilla. To me vanilla things are thick, white and tasteless. Yucky, poo poo!😬

So I had 5 hours of pre admission testing today and I had most of my questions answered. I received a dine out / medical alert card, my incentive spirometer, my Hibiclens and Cleansing cloths,and my pre-surgery ensure drinks. The program emphasizes using whey Protein isolate (which I learned today that I don’t have-oops lol). I bought an Unjury protein starter kit, and 2 flavors of powder to make Protein Powder. Everything is pictured (two of each powder flavor,thermometer,shaker bottle, one vanilla shake, and one chocolate shake). I was not given a pre op diet. Basically from now on I NEED to hit my Water intake goal, walk daily, and eat protein, veggies,watch my sugar,and watch my carbs. I’ll use my protein powder (not isolate) as a Meal Replacement option pre op as well. I’m almost done! Next appointment is with the surgeon 6 days before my surgery. RnY scheduled for 9/17/18

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

What is the dine out card for? I’ve never heard of it. My testing was only 3 hours and I didn’t get anything to bring home other than bruises from getting poked lol. Did they draw blood out of the artery in your wrist too? I just had my last pre-op appointment today and my next step is my surgery next Tuesday 😊

To (hopefully) avoid any hiccups with ordering smaller portions or off of the kids menu at restaurants. Well I met the bariatric nurse navigator today and she gave me the pre op goodies (ensure,hibiclens,incentive spirometer) and gave me a rundown of the what to expect during the last two days of preop and the hospital stay. I also met with the dietician and we went over pre op nutrition, and the first two weeks of post op nutrition. I’ll see her again on surgery day and two weeks after that for another nutrition class. No they didn’t draw from my wrist, they poked me 4 times (I’m a hard stick and I was probably dehydrated). They used a syringe on the 4th poke. How do you feel?!

Well good. You are getting closer. I got my spirometer in July, I am suppose to be practicing with it for the 30 days proceeding. I got a bottle too, I have to take the clear Ensure stuff also . One before bedtime just before I go NPO, and I will take the other one on the ride to Columbus so it's in me 2-3 hours before surgery. And my dietician gave me sample bottles of the different Protein Shakes and coupons. Didn't get Hibaclen because I am allergic to it. I can use Dial Gold liquid. I take one doer midday on the 4th, the second just before bed. Th8nk what I will do is, drink clear Ensure, take my shower, go NPO,try to get some rest,because my friend Kathy will be picking me. up between 3:30 AM and 4, so we will have time to make it to OSU before my 5 AM posted arrival time. On the way over I will drink my 2nd bottle of clear Encure. I already have my outfit picked out, hanging up covered with a trashbag.This is to prevent my 2 cats from making a bed on it and covering it in cat fur.I have started packing my bag. Got my GasX in there but I still to get my Biotene. I've got RouxNRabbit all clean and her fur all fluffy. All my goods from them came in an OSU backpacks. so my incentive spirometer will travel in that. I didn't get that it,out card , have to ask them about that. But otherwise we're pretty comperable. Think that's nice they do give us stuff, don't you?
I am getting a little,excited, tomorrow I go see my PCP , got to get a new prescription for my Symbicort and Combivent inhalers and, now don't laugh, I want them to make sure my ears are clean. My family has a heredity of excess wax production and I want them clean for my surgery. Have a good evening RnYBeyhibe, my friend.

Ive gotten nothing! Except a phone call today to schedule a preop appointment. She said it would be a blood draw and health history. She said depending on some things maybe also an EKG but I’m under 40 so I dunno... I start Clear Liquids tomorrow! I don’t know if they will give me a spirometer or anything else at this appointment. I’m glad they called though bc it’s at a different hospital than the scheduled told me! I’m getting nervous y’all. And now my husband is saying he’s gonna take a trip 5 days after surgery, leaving me with my toddler. Do I reschedule? It’s just causing me stress.

@TX4everLinds
I had a chest X-ray, EKG, pregnancy test , health history, quick exam , and blood draw today. I’m 24 btw, it’s standard with this program.

@Frustr8
I’m supposed to be practicing starting now, I did a couple of times. I drink two bottles of Ensure 12hrs before surgery, then one more 3hrs before. I love that we get stuff!

I’ll be getting prescriptions for a blood thinner,ulcer prevention , pain reliever, anti anxiety, and gallstone prevention when I see the surgeon on the 11th. I don’t know what to pack! I’m excited for you ! 🙂

Oh I am sorry TX4everLinds maybe they'll give you some stuff at your Pre-op appointment. OSU calls it a peri-operative but same dang thing. Got weighed, talked an Internal medicine girl doctor, she went down the list from hades medical checklist, each and every bodily system,swear we started with the head and brain and worked out way down. Wished I could have told her I had. twin aunts that died from the hiccups, anything to brighten up the litany. Then I had a nurse-practioner,who was supposed to teach me how to scrub myself with Hibaclenz, except,i am allergic to that so she had to go to Plan B D8al gold liquid soap. Second,of two showers I have to leave the suds on for at least 5 minutes and be sure to clean my navel.Hunnh? Don't shave,don't pluck my belly, double Hunnh? Dress in clean clothes afterwards. Promise not to get sick or take antibiotics before your surgery. We went down the list of my,medications, what I had to stop taking, what I could take morning of with teensy sip,water. Brush my teeth so,no germs in mouth, moot point, I have dentures. Don't break any bones before surgery.Yadda Yadda Yadda! Then I went and had X Ray , 1 front , 1 from left side. Didn't make me hold a sign , so I guess I wasn't arrested. Then it was off to the lab. Funny I didn't know I had an excess amount of blood, must have because the took out a pint. Now I had swore an oath that I don't drink, smoke, do recreational drugs, hasn't to the best of my knowledge been exposed to communicable disease, and that Promise I would not get sick. But shall we,make sure of that, let's run some tests. CBC, BUN, creatinine, glucose, some nobody else knows about. And letsvtype it, I said I know I am A rhNegative, didn't care, apparently me and the American Red Cross,know NOTHING! Then they presented me a red legal sized envelope is a green plastic Bracelet with important info. This is my Golden Ticket into the WONDERFUL WORLD OF SURGERY. No tickee, no surgery! This envelope is in my safe. I will not leave home without IT!
That card that RnY Bet got and I have yet, entiles you to eat off the children's menu. And I have heard some have a notation about being able to box half your entree. On the other side it usuall states you are a bariatric patient. Neat thing to Have.

On 08/28/2018 at 19:00, RnYBeyhive said:

So I had 5 hours of pre admission testing today and I had most of my questions answered. I received a dine out / medical alert card, my incentive spirometer, my Hibiclens and Cleansing cloths,and my pre-surgery ensure drinks. The program emphasizes using whey Protein isolate (which I learned today that I don’t have-oops lol). I bought an Unjury Protein starter kit, and 2 flavors of powder to make protein powder. Everything is pictured (two of each powder flavor,thermometer,shaker bottle, one vanilla shake, and one chocolate shake). I was not given a pre op diet. Basically from now on I NEED to hit my Water intake goal, walk daily, and eat protein, veggies,watch my sugar,and watch my carbs. I’ll use my protein powder (not isolate) as a meal replacement option pre op as well. I’m almost done! Next appointment is with the surgeon 6 days before my surgery. RnY scheduled for 9/17/18

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

The dine out card is awesome! So far the only samples I have gotten is the ones I contacted the companies for. I will have RNY 9/13. I see my surgeon’s PA on 9/7 for my pre op appointment. Pre op diet starts this Thursday.