Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

I am in MA. I am having mine done at Brigham and Womens. I have a two week pre-diet.

Pre-Operative Diet

The preoperative diet is required for all patients before weight loss surgery. This diet will help to make your liver smaller which makes it safer and easier for your surgeon to perform surgery.

Start this diet 2 weeks before your surgery date.

Every day during the pre-op diet, you will do these 2 things:

1. Follow the instructions in each box. For boxes A, B, C, and D, choose 1 item to eat or drink during the day. For Box E, consume 1 meal.
  2. Drink at least 64 ounces of sugar-free beverages (water, Crystal Light, Fruit2O, etc.).

With 1 item from each box, you will have 5 eating events per day.

Box A
Choose one Protein shake: SlimFast Advanced Nutrition (RTD shake only, not powder) Pure Protein (35 gm can) Premier Protein Atkins EAS Advantedge Unjury (in water) Syntrax nectar (in water) Syntrax Matrix (in water) Designer whey (in water) Quest Protein (in water)

+

Box B
Choose one protein shake: Syntrax Matrix (in milk*) Unjury (in milk*) Glucerna Hunger Smart Core Power Light EAS Myoplex Lite Boost Glucose Control Boost Calorie Smart Designer Whey (in milk*) Quest Protein (in milk*)

+

Box C
Choose one snack: 1 cup non-starchy vegetables + 2 Tb Salad Dressing or guacamole ¼ cup unsalted nuts ¾ cup low-fat cottage cheese, ricotta cheese 6 oz Plain Greek yogurt 2 eggs (any style) 2 oz turkey + 1 string cheese 1 Protein Shake from Box A

+

Box D
Choose one snack: Nature Valley Protein Bar Pure Protein Bar (190-200 calories) Detour Whey Protein Bar (170 calories) Fiber One Protein Bar 1 serving fruit + 1 TBSP nut butter 1 protein shake from Box B

+

Box E
Eat one meal: Meal should contain: 4 servings of protein 3 servings of non-starchy vegetables 2 servings of fat

*Can choose skim (fat-free) or 1% milk, lactaid milk, or plain soy milk.

Please choose only the items listed on this sheet.

Bread, rice, Pasta, starchy vegetables, and alcohol are not allowed on the pre-op diet.

Important Notes:

• Use the Serving Size section starting on page 20 of the diet guidelines book to remind you which foods are in each food group (protein, non-starchy vegetables, and fat) for your 1 meal in Box E.
  • Eating every 3-4 hours and drinking plenty of fluids in between can help to prevent hunger. You choose the order of your items.

Sample Pre-Op Meal Plans

Remember to drink at least 64 ounces of sugar-free fluids throughout the day.

Example Day 1
Breakfast (Box C) 2 hardboiled eggs
Snack (Box A) Pure Protein Shake (35 gm protein – can)
Lunch (Box D) Nature Valley Protein Bar
Snack (Box B) EAS Myoplex Lite Protein Shake
Dinner (Box E) 4 ounces baked haddock, 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables (green Beans, broccoli, cauliflower), 2 Tb light margarine
Example Day 2
Breakfast (Box A) Premier Protein Shake
Lunch (Box E) 4 ounces grilled chicken, 3 cups salad (lettuce, Tomato, onions, cucumber), 1 Tb + 1 tsp creamy salad dressing
Snack (Box B) Core Power Light Protein Shake
Dinner (Box D) Pure Protein bar
Snack (Box C) ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt)
Example Day 3
Breakfast (Box E) 1 ¼ cup egg beaters, 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables (peppers, onions, tomatoes), 1 Tb avocado, 1 Tb light margarine
Snack (Box A) Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder with water
Lunch (Box C 2 ounces turkey + 1 string cheese
Dinner (Box D) 1 small apple + 1 Tb peanut butter
Snack (Box B) Unjury Protein powder with 8 ounces milk – frozen into ‘ice cream’
Example Day 4
Breakfast (Box A) EAS Advantedge Protein Shake
Snack (Box C) Atkins Protein Shake
Lunch (Box B) Boost Glucose Control Protein Shake
Dinner (Box E) Chili: 4 ounces cooked ground turkey, 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup cooked onions & peppers, 1 Tb avocado, 1 Tb sour cream
Snack (Box D) Syntrax Matrix Protein Powder with 8 ounces milk
Very detailed, me 2 week diet is very simple.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Frustr8, had RnY on August. No prediet required. One day ahead of surgery all liquid diet. I’m 65 years young. 8 days out of surgery and doing great. Transitioned to puréed Soup and yogurt yesterday. So far so good. Good Luck to you.
Wonderful! I'm 66 on a 2 week liver diet & Clear Liquids the day before & 5 days after.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

And @ *girl, I hope everything goes well for you. Nice to hear always from New people on here! Hope you'll like us and hang around a while!

News Flash! Frustr8 weight has lowered. to 290 pounds, 7 weeks post and I have lost 53 pounds since July 31st. Never could have done this without my Bariatric tool. God Bless you Bradley J Needleman, you and your surgical staff have performed a miracle. Well I helped a little, my stricture kept my liquid portions small, whoever wants to claim credit, just go ahead! I think I may be finally going down in clothing size, granted there is still an X after it, but I believe it to be a mention-worthy NSV!😛😛

Awesome Frustr8 soon you’ll be up and running

From your mouth to God's Ear!

And still not up and running Attempt #3 scheduled November 9th at 2:50 pm EST, May this be the 💰 shot that stretches that Stricture, repairs my RNY-renovation and sends me to join my SURGERY DAY TWINS IN Food-Eating Land. Oh I am losing weight, never a stall but what a Frystr8 -ing Way To Do Things! 😯😇👼😕

And "kg kids " the surgeon I consulted today, not my bariatric one, does metric *127 KG* Please Celebrate this one diamond in the Carbon of my life, okay?

Well it is 9:10 am EST on 10th November and the latest Frustr8 Update. Yesterday after sitting 3 hours in Endiscopy waiting room, I underwent my 3rd pist-surgery EGJ. Dr Noria was able to stretch and dialate my stomal opening to 12 mm. Still remain on Stage 2A diet, do not advance to Stages 3 or 4 where many surgery twins are by now.
And I am still alive and breathing and ingesting somewhat. Those are GOOD points.
Now some bad ones. She asked if Tomkitten or I had 4esumed smoking. No Mam'm, neither of us ever had or would . Well my ulcers have worsened, now approaching bleeding/perforation. To ensure that does not happen, I am To No longer be in the presence of an active smoker or anyone who has fresh residue on their clothing.
And I must up my daily Protein consumption to 90 grams, difficult sans meat, eggs, tofu et al but I will start adding protein powder, powdered milk or anything else my fevered brain comes up with. Down to Protein Shakes I loathe, WM has dropped every Premier Protein except vanilla, which I have gotten burned out on and chocolate which I have been allergic to for 43 years. Latest stats SD september5th 2018 SW319 current weight 278 and DROPPING. Mood Gloomy ☁with occasional brief flashes💬🌀 of sunlight 🌞

I'm sorry you are having such difficulties, Frustr8! Sometimes we just have to take things one moment at a time, rather than one day at a time. Here's hoping things will improve for you soon! I started adding collagen hydrolysate to most of my foods - it is heat tolerant, unlike most whey Proteins, so can be added to Soups, cottage cheese, yogurt, coffee, Tomato juice, mashed potatoes... I have to add a capsule of tryptophan to each scoop to make it a complete Protein, but that's easy peasy. I just cannot tolerate too much of the Unjury whey protein isolate, so the collagen has been a real boon to me, making it easy to get my daily protein total where it needs to be.

Mood Gloomy [emoji297]with occasional brief flashes[emoji187][emoji302] of sunlight [emoji274]

Thinking of you dearheart. You've had such a rough ride. Here's to better times ahead.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Frustr8 is there a Sam’s club or a Cosco type of warehouse store where you are? That is where I get most of my flavors from, and they always have at least one or two others. Have you looked on the BariatricPal website to see if they had something you might could use? I got a few sample packs from them that have quite a few different flavors. It helps break up the monotony of the Protein Shake routine

Nearest is Mansfield, 23 miles north, a Sam's club. Otherwise Columbus , 48 miles SW, the state capital where I had my surgery 10 weeks ago tomorrow. Drat it all! For clean air, pretty scenery and a lower crime rate I limited myself a lot, a self-administered screwing perhaps.😧🍶🍝

I think we may still retain a GNC, some health food stores. But food wise, Wal-Mart, Krogers and 1 IGA. Drug Stores CVS, Rite-Aid and some local ones. .
A few lap-bands, a very sleepers but I swear I am the only RYN. And if you saw how obese my county, Knox, is, and I mean adults clear down to small children , like 100 pound kindergarten and early elementary, 200 pound middle schoolers and it gets worse with age. If it didn't gross me only 💓ache I would build myself a pulpit and start preaching. There are some that make me look anorexic, not an easy thing!

And another EGJ is scheduled for me! Wednesday November28 2018 at 8AM. Are we keeping on doing this every 2 weeks until.it is fixed or somebody gives up, and I wonder if an Open Surgery is in my future, maybe January 2019? No verdict, not even an indictment, maybe my imagination running away with ME. Maybe a Flight of Fancy?