Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SEPTEMBER 2018 SURGERIES AND SUCCESS

And YOU WILL make it because I believe in YOU! Just realized the other day I have lost more than a 100 pounds from my high weight so another 80 pounds or so and I MIGHT make my goal by our SURGIVERSITY next September, I am going to keep on, if it doesn't happen until Spring 2020, I'll still cheer for ME because I KNOW where I came from!😝🌺😝🌸

Nice job!!! I know it hasn’t been an easy road for you. Hang in there! 😃

Oh I am hanging and hanging. My big worry on this almost dawn Sunday, what to do with my extra tubing when I start marching off to the loo. Finally safety pinned it to my chest and and pulled it up so It hangs there. So Afraid I'll step on it when half-awake, that might be the kind of injury that would kill me.
Hey, I have another problem that scares Mr because it could be even more long-term. Can one have a trace of an anorexia bent? I believe if things had gone well, I had been able to progress my diet at a normal rate, things might be fine. I used to love yams, sweet potatoes, things of that I'll. Tried my 3 mini- spoons, thinned , I could not have,been more indifferent. Would like to show my doctors I can ingest, maintain myself orally, it's like food has become a nasty medicine. Still have binge eating listed on my records, not so, I never really was a true binger, that's eating and not stopping, I had many sins but that,isn't it.It can't be appetite cessation because of the TPN, it's more like "appetite indifference" Is this something I need to speak of to a bariatric psych?

Whaaaaaaaaa! I am in a stall. I have gained and lost the same 1-2lbs for 2 weeks now. Please let this stall break soon. I try to just keep going with the plan and staying positive, but you can't help but let it get to you.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:25 AM, Frustr8 said:

it's like food has become a nasty medicine. 

I am going through the same thoughts - having to learn to eat a meal even when not hungry. With most cravings gone now, I am indifferent, as you noted. My PA says that is a good thing, for we are no longer looking at food as a comfort or a pleasure. The thing is, we have to find satisfaction in other things. I have gone through - and sometimes still do -- periods where I am looking for some food item that provides satisfaction as in days of old. Looking and not finding, so must move on. It's all a process and journey of learning and relearning. Food is becoming "maintenance meds."

14 minutes ago, shoregirl75 said:

Whaaaaaaaaa! I am in a stall. I have gained and lost the same 1-2lbs for 2 weeks now. Please let this stall break soon. I try to just keep going with the plan and staying positive, but you can't help but let it get to you.

I'm with you! I had a 4 week stall and was SO DEPRESSED. I have learned to regard them as the body's Time Out while it adjusts to everything - an Adjustment Phase. Hang on, and see if you can boost your exercise routine, change it up, add more Water - do some thing differently for a day or two, even just rest or nap. It is demoralizing, though, any way you cut it. Try to take the long view --- "this, too, shall pass."

21 minutes ago, nibble said:

I'm with you! I had a 4 week stall and was SO DEPRESSED. I have learned to regard them as the body's Time Out while it adjusts to everything - an Adjustment Phase. Hang on, and see if you can boost your exercise routine, change it up, add more Water - do some thing differently for a day or two, even just rest or nap. It is demoralizing, though, any way you cut it. Try to take the long view --- "this, too, shall pass."

Uggghhh 4 weeks! I can't take it! I hope it doesn't take that long to break. Thank you for the encouragement and advise! I am going to work on increasing my Water and walking to try to move things along. I am trying to go with the flow but the longer it goes on I can help but let thoughts creep in of maybe this is all i will be able to lose. But i am going to try to brush that away! I am only 3 1/2 months out so i still should have more weight loss in my future. I am just hoping that after 2 weeks of nothing i will be rewarded with a big loss all a once. It could happen...right?...right?...lol

1 hour ago, shoregirl75 said:

I’m right there with you. Seems like I have more stalls than losses. Getting really depressing. I have the dr and nutritionist on Wednesday. Hopefully they have some ideas😒

2 minutes ago, cindih576 said:

I’m right there with you. Seems like I have more stalls than losses. Getting really depressing. I have the dr and nutritionist on Wednesday. Hopefully they have some ideas😒

Yes it is. You would think the weight our be just falling off this early on. Please share the advice/ideas they give you at your appointment Wednesday! :)

I'm reading James Clear - Atomic Habits, to assist in carving out my new life habits since surgery. Excellent reading! In today's email, he summarizes 55 non-fiction books he's read this year, and one of them seems so appropriate for us. Here's a link to his site and article, and then the summary that struck me relative to our stalls.... https://jamesclear.com/book-summaries

Mastery
by George Leonard
Print

The Book in Three Sentences: The most successful path to mastering anything is to practice for the sake of the practice itself, not for the result. All significant learning is composed of brief spurts of progress followed by long periods of work where if feels as if you are stuck on a plateau. There are no experts–only learners.

And today is my birthday, woke up this morning with laryngitis, well not complete voice loss, but pretty husky. In the old days a very warm cup of coffee, would make my throat relax and things would sound better. In the dim way-back days before my chocolate allergy reared it's ugly head, Mama would make me hot cocoa with marshmallows, or if finances were good, Reddi-Whip in a mound on top! My tea canister was one of the things I lost when I moved and got locked out. Haven't spared the money for it yet, between move in November and Hospitalization in Early December, it's a perk I didn't pull money out of the budget for. Maybe just try heated plain Water, yeah, might work as good!
And January should be better, didn't go farther into debt on Christmas presents, so no credit card bill. I have to look ahead. instead of looking at the chaos behind me.
Was worried my Cath had come loose, but must have poured water on my bed when I tried drinking in the night Went up and down my lines clear back to the pump and all that is dry. Was worried I wouldn't have my TPN supplies for this evening but, since UPS doesn't work Christmas Eve, they had an employee drive them out from Columbus. Wasn't until 9 pm but the important part was, I don't miss even a day of therapy. If this is what it takes to help heal my ulcerations and reduce the swelling in my pouch, I am on board. Maybe my January appointment will be GOOD NEWS.
Drs Needleman and Noria have promised I am fixable, no matter what others may think, I am worth the fixing.
And I still will make my goals, if some milestones are slower, I still will do them and my Weight Loss journey will be perfect for me!

Happy Birthday!!! Every journey is different...good or bad. Hoping for good news at your next appt! My 3 mo appt is tomorrow. I’ll probably get stalking to for not exercising but my weight loss is fantastic and exercise will come in time. 😃

I'm sitting here crying, you are the first person besides Tomkitten to remember and wish me well. Maybe I'm acting like a spoiled brat, but I thought I might receive a card or two. After you posted I did get an e- one, Alex B offered me a discount on Bariatric Pal Store items l8je Protein Bars. That was kind of nice. Sitting here waiting to see if the Bariatric Clinic calls me back, I have a little problem bothering me , wanted input from a N.P., well if they don't call by 4 then they just won't . Tomkitten has an appointment with PCP tomorrow and then I have to go for my twice weekly blood draw, only going once because of Christmas and once next week because of New Years, so tomorrow can't be missed. Then if I get done in time, quick trip to Wal-Mart?
Got to remember, without my surgery I might not be here for my 73rd, that should be my bottom line of thinking, okay Big Girl Panties tugged up, And maybe in the morn8ng it might be sunny after all!🌞😝❤

Thank you so much Bari_KS, I actually got virtual roses, and I'll keep going back and looking at their loveliness. You brightened my gloom up. Thought I could rock this year because of weight loss but if alcohol never drowns troubles it stands to reason sorrow pops to the surface like a large cork. No sorrow tomorrow, but I felt sad and lonely , and underwhelmed by how my bari- life is turning out.💦😪📦🎁