Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

48 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

For the record, I did feel bad about those Cookies :blush:

I guess to me the difference is, making a not as healthy a choice at a meal vs. a totally unnecessary splurge snack.

I'm at a restaurant, I need to order a meal. I could order something uber healthy, but I don't really want. Or I could order a less healthy choice but I will enjoy it more. That I don't feel bad about, because again, 1 oz, seriously!

42 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm not talking about anyone else here, but when it comes to cheating, I'm a "give her an inch and she'll take the whole yardstick" kind of girl. And I'm not limited by the one oz. thing since almost everything I eat is a slider. I get truly scared when I'm off plan, even for a bit.

39 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

But even though we may not be bariatric diet poster children, look at how well we are doing!

Awwwww man guys really I was just joking, super proud of each and every one here, I don't any perfect people in my tribe

Well this is sort of a confession I suppose. I miss my coffee! It wasn't the taste because I never liked black coffee, can't stand it unless it's calmed down With International Delight, Coffeemate or these days Premier Protein Caramel. I went to half caff, then Decaf, I still miss it! You see,when I became allergic to chocolate in all its various forms, I lost a comfort measure, yes even more than food, hard as it is to believe. I 💖cocoa/hot 🍫, that warm milky drink from my Baby-Frustr8-hood
And I have nothing to replace it with. When I was going to Kroger's or my health food store I could purchase Carob powder, mix it with my good honey( several relaives have hives) pure vanilla from Watkins and I was temporarily happier. I begged Wal-Mart to start carrying it, begged on my knees, even worked there for 11 years, think they might consider it as a personal favor? No way, last time I humbled myself I was told I wasn't worth trouble. So since I wanted something warm against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Now between my bariatric surgeon and gastrointestinolgist my milky pacifier is gone. GI says it only aggravates my gastritis, bariatric surgeon(ever notice it abbreviated to b.s.?) says may I please have a calm peaceful gastric organ to make my pouch from? So I take religousky my Dexiilant to calm my stomach and. keep Hector my itty bitty ulcer from spreading his glandular wings and perforate. Sniff💦 tea just isn't the same and now anyway I am cursed with decaf forms of that.🍵Cup of peace and tranquility, I miss you!😪

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Awwwww man guys really I was just joking, super proud of each and every one here, I don't any perfect people in my tribe

I didn't take any offense, I promise!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Well this is sort of a confession I suppose. I miss my coffee! It wasn't the taste because I never liked black coffee, can't stand it unless it's calmed down With International Delight, Coffeemate or these days Premier Protein Caramel. I went to half caff, then Decaf, I still miss it! You see,when I became allergic to chocolate in all its various forms, I lost a comfort measure, yes even more than food, hard as it is to believe. I 💖cocoa/hot 🍫, that warm milky drink from my Baby-Frustr8-hood
And I have nothing to replace it with. When I was going to Kroger's or my health food store I could purchase Carob powder, mix it with my good honey( several relaives have hives) pure vanilla from Watkins and I was temporarily happier. I begged Wal-Mart to start carrying it, begged on my knees, even worked there for 11 years, think they might consider it as a personal favor? No way, last time I humbled myself I was told I wasn't worth trouble. So since I wanted something warm against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Now between my bariatric surgeon and gastrointestinolgist my milky pacifier is gone. GI says it only aggravates my gastritis, bariatric surgeon(ever notice it abbreviated to b.s.?) says may I please have a calm peaceful gastric organ to make my pouch from? So I take religousky my Dexiilant to calm my stomach and. keep Hector my itty bitty ulcer from spreading his glandular wings and perforate. Sniff💦 tea just isn't the same and now anyway I am cursed with decaf forms of that.🍵Cup of peace and tranquility, I miss you!😪

No English tea ? Black (decaf) with cream? Other delicious teas rooibos with cream, chai with cream... The flavors these days will rival chocolate...

50 minutes ago, superthin said:

I find that when I cheat and eat slider foods, I stop losing and stall even if my calories are low. I pretty much have to eat no carbs. Is this the same with all of you??

I am the opposite, when I go TOO low carb I just stall for days, I need to have a small amount of starchy carbs daily to keep the scale going. Pre surgery I was like you though!

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I stall when I eat low carb, high carb and definetly when I see a hot guy...

You ask him to help get your engine running?

It’s easier for my stomach to handle cheat foods which is sad. I ate half of a square of brownie today, since I’m on purees I just used as much saliva and chewing power as I could and it went down pretty good. Yesterday I tried to eat some mashed food and I threw up. My stomach doesn’t want me to eat what I’m supposed to at this point XD

Day 8 of pre-op liquid diet and lunch time today was so hard! I wanted a burger soooooo bad. :blink: I was even trying to find the calories for a small burger to justify having one. But I stayed strong and had Soup for lunch.

As of yesterday a coworker has joined me for the duration of my liquid diet. It has helped to have that support.

37 minutes ago, ChellNC said:

Day 8 of pre-op liquid diet and lunch time today was so hard! I wanted a burger soooooo bad. :blink: I was even trying to find the calories for a small burger to justify having one. But I stayed strong and had Soup for lunch.

As of yesterday a coworker has joined me for the duration of my liquid diet. It has helped to have that support.

That's not a coworker, that's a friend...

1 hour ago, PurplePassages said:

It’s easier for my stomach to handle cheat foods which is sad. I ate half of a square of brownie today, since I’m on purees I just used as much saliva and chewing power as I could and it went down pretty good. Yesterday I tried to eat some mashed food and I threw up. My stomach doesn’t want me to eat what I’m supposed to at this point XD

I'm starting to really wonder about what these corporations knew about these foods ... "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands", " Bet you can't eat just one"... Conspiracy

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I stall when I eat low carb, high carb and definetly when I see a hot guy...

Do you ask him for a ride :lol:

26 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm starting to really wonder about what these corporations knew about these foods ... "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands", " Bet you can't eat just one"... Conspiracy

So this is kinda what I do .....

I can assure you, these companies offer what sells. If kale chips sold better than potato chips, then that's what you'd at every checkstand.

There is a huge disconnect between what the general public says they want to buy, and what they actually do buy.

(Oh, and if you LOVE kale chips and HATE potato chips, you are an outlier ... trust me!)

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Ahhh ,,, this definitely feels like a Kumbaya moment :P