Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

You know, I don't even notice the naming. If ppl like it, they like it. What does bug me just a bit is that people have to put huge ginormous sparkly things, pictures, text, etc. advertising their month's name in their signatures. It's just as bad as when people used to put 30 limes of text, so literally a whole page OR MORE is just their signature, and none of it matters. Is anyone's signature so important that it needs to be that prominent? Why does this bother me? Because I run at 1680 resolution, meaning an awful lot of stuff should fit on my screen, but I STILL have to scroll down to see more than part of one reply because of all the clutter in the signature.

I mean - really - as if we can't see things unless they're like 20 inches high. (It's not just the month names, it's the people names, avatars, etc. that people do in these obnoxious ways. Come on. The glitter stuff isn't even pretty, it's the online equivalent of blue eyeshadow with pink pearl lipstick.)

It's the same thing when you're on a board that doesn't limit avatar size, and someone wants to use a 500x500 avatar picture, so you're scrolling along just fine and all of a sudden you have to go way to the right just to see the person's message ( = you're not getting a reply from a lot of ppl).

From a usability perspective, this is like nails on a chalkboard.

Again, I LOVE YOU, WHEETSIN!!!!!

I don't mind people making big sigs, I think some of them are really cool, and I really like the ones that have pics that show family or their progress. But I like seeing them once on a page, not five times.

That having been said, I get tired of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling down to get to the next post. I mean, once or twice in a thread to allow a large sig is fine, but if you are replying multiple times to the same page, then uncheck the box for "Show your signature" please. When I had a larger sig than I do now, I would try to always remember to uncheck that box if I was posting more than once per page.

You know, I don't even notice the naming. If ppl like it, they like it. What does bug me just a bit is that people have to put huge ginormous sparkly things, pictures, text, etc. advertising their month's name in their signatures. It's just as bad as when people used to put 30 limes of text, so literally a whole page OR MORE is just their signature, and none of it matters. Is anyone's signature so important that it needs to be that prominent?

i was going to post about the huge pics/glittery stuff a few days ago then looked at my sig. i had my weights, my BMIs, blog addy, my exercise quote, my ticker and my 'BR dedication ... which was a lot and was viewed by some, i'm sure, as over the top...

so, i removed some. now i can vent ... :)

i dunno what it is (hormones maybe?) but every little thing lately is just getting on my nerves. the glittery stuff has always been obnoxious, but to combine it with huge ass fonts and other pics is just over the top...

and i know nymph is a Greek mythological character/female, but i guess whenever i see it, i see nymph-o ... and yes, that is just me, but this is RnR and the name combined with the pics/glittery crap just threw me over the edge. its not like i went into November 07's threads and trashed them (although i wanted to soooo much *see above hormone comment*)

i guess that's why we have the ignore feature ... :cool: when i see stuff that I think is crap, "ignore"... which is kind of disheartening because i am sure i'm missing out on some people's valid points/posts, but i just cant take the over the top stuff ...

</rant>

i was going to post about the huge pics/glittery stuff a few days ago then looked at my sig. i had my weights, my BMIs, blog addy, my exercise quote, my ticker and my 'BR dedication ... which was a lot and was viewed by some, i'm sure, as over the top...

so, i removed some. now i can vent ... :)

i dunno what it is (hormones maybe?) but every little thing lately is just getting on my nerves. the glittery stuff has always been obnoxious, but to combine it with huge ass fonts and other pics is just over the top...

and i know nymph is a Greek mythological character/female, but i guess whenever i see it, i see nymph-o ... and yes, that is just me, but this is RnR and the name combined with the pics/glittery crap just threw me over the edge. its not like i went into November 07's threads and trashed them (although i wanted to soooo much *see above hormone comment*)

i guess that's why we have the ignore feature ... :cool: when i see stuff that I think is crap, "ignore"... which is kind of disheartening because i am sure i'm missing out on some people's valid points/posts, but i just cant take the over the top stuff ...

</rant>

Yeah, certain stuff like that gives me the twitches.

Eek.. I'm a newbie and I'm officially now scared to post on this board. LOL. You guys are lap band snobs... LOL. You've lost so much weight you think you can be mean to the newbs... I see how it is :-) But seriously, setting joking aside, I'm definitely gonna try really hard not to post stupid questions that will annoy everyone, and even though I have been researching the lap band for a long time and also wondered what the heck a PB is, now that I know where to go to look it up, I will do that and that question will never come out of my mouth, along with that slime question that was mentioned.

Sooo before the band...I ate a Fried Twinkie. Like eating a twinkie wasn't bad enough, I had to have a FRIED one. I could just feel my arteries clogging as I was eating it.

I often eat glazed fried twinkies, a la mode. But since having the band, I chew a lot.

Eek.. I'm a newbie and I'm officially now scared to post on this board. LOL. You guys are lap band snobs... LOL. You've lost so much weight you think you can be mean to the newbs... I see how it is :-) But seriously, setting joking aside, I'm definitely gonna try really hard not to post stupid questions that will annoy everyone, and even though I have been researching the lap band for a long time and also wondered what the heck a PB is, now that I know where to go to look it up, I will do that and that question will never come out of my mouth, along with that slime question that was mentioned.

i dont think we are snobs really ... it just gets very annoying to see the SAME question asked 20 times a month. if someone would take the time to read the board before posting, especially if you find a sub-forum called FAQ, etc... ???

dont be afraid to post if you really cant find an answer ... REALLY ... we do want to help out and even learn different thoughts/perspectives ... :cool:

I often eat glazed fried twinkies, a la mode. But since having the band, I chew a lot.

I wonder if you can turn the twinkie inside out AND THEN fry it. Glazing of course, would be after frying it and the ice cream after that. Kind of like an extreme American tempura...

I wonder if you can turn the twinkie inside out AND THEN fry it. Glazing of course, would be after frying it and the ice cream after that. Kind of like an extreme American tempura...

That sounds excellent. And then, of course, at Mexican restaurants, you would want refried twinkies.