Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

brandy sent me these exotic mushrooms from oregon, that i still don't know what to do with......maybe add them to my beef stew for tomororws games???

So she's sending you liquor AND wild, exotic fungi? :wub: She'sa askin' for it! :tongue2:

'night all, we are leaving fairly early tomorrow--thinking of taking my laptop, but not sure if I will actually use it, might just have a technology free weekend!!!

IF--and that would be a huge gigantic IF my DH's employees would quit calling! They are his friends, he is Dad to half of them, they call about everything!

I call them employees....for lack of knowing what to call them! He is their boss, but they all work for the same company. There are several who work for other men in the same dept. they all call my DH for everything, whether it is a work issue, or what! One got drunk, and his wife called wanting DH to talk to him, and calm him down. Helllllllooooooo!!!!?????

He just treats them all as if they matter, (which they DO) and not everyone gets that. They are ALL stressing the lay offs and he is kind to them. BUT he IS leaving his phone at home! YAY!!!

See y'all when we get back.....after I spend hours catching up I'm sure!!!

Morning all!

I'm just got to get through some of the things on my list today - none were accomplished yesterday! It took a few minutes to get my eye open this morning. My eye is now itching like crazy and I can't tell you how many facecloths, rolls of paper towels and kleenex I have gone through making hot compresses!

Kat - enjoy ABQ

KC-mushroom stuffed ravioli - yummmm

Heart - hope things are going well.

Ebony - I think a letter of recommendation that is specific for the skills/requirements of a particular position is preferred.

Apple muffins for this morning, I think.

Catch you later.

Morning Tap! Apple muffins? Sound very good. I have some apples that I have been thinking about making into a pie, but I am scared to do it for fear I would eat it. :tongue2:

good morning all - happy sunday!!!

still raining - actually pouring is more like.......perfect for us, we realized last night that we don't get many wkends alone & it was/is a nice treat.:wub:

* kat have a fab time in abq, only flown in there & have drove to taos for skiing.....would love to spend a long wkend there!

* ebony, you talking about your church reminded me of "first sunday" (ice cube series)...., enjoy svc.

* kc, you had to bring up ravioli??? while only half italian, i could live on pasta/cheese:drool:...,

* taps, sorry your eye is still junked up., those muffins should do the trick???, :tongue2:

* slim, i would love to bake - but it requires following directions & i don't cook that way....LOL

plan on a repeat of yesterday - NOTHING,

going to start my beef stew here shortly..., have the mushrooms resting in some cabernet & will add to the rest of all the yumminess - just know the satellite better come back on before the games start o:eek:

Hi All!

I haven't been on for a couple of days, not sure I have time to read and catch up - so I am jumping in!

DS had to go to the ER on Thurs night after his football game - which they won! He was having chest pains and a real hard time breathing. His coach is a paramedic, checked him out and thought it best to send him and get it checked. He had to have an x-ray, ekg, and cat scan - everything looked fine so that was a relief. They said it was pleurisy, which is an inflamation of the lining of the chest, so it was very painful for him to breath. We got home about 1:15am and had to head to work at 6:30 - not much sleep! He is doing better and will be back at football on Monday.

School has been hectic this week, but it is always hectic at the beginning of the year. Just trying to get in the rhythm is challenging. I like my summers! As usual I have had several challenges getting my computer lab up and running, printing, using the new copy/scanner - technology! I do however, like the kids in my classes, looks like there are some nice groups. My largest class is 43 in a very small room! The rest of the classes are around 30 - so not as bad.

I ran my first 10K this morning! It was a bit hot and I really noticed the heat. I usuallly run earlier in the morning. I was able to complete the run in 1hr 12min - my goal was 1:15 - so I beat my goal! I usually have more at the turn around, but it just wasn't there today! Oh well, it was my first one and I did it and I was not the last one across the finish line for the 10K.

I hope everyone is well and having a relaxing Sunday! I get to meet Michelle today when she comes through Bend! Waiting for her call - pretty excited!

krtork-I'm sorry to hear about DS's pain (great job winning the game though). I hope he feels much better soon. Great job on the 10k race! You should be very proud. Tell heartfire hi from all of us!

krtork - glad your son is ok and congrats on the race!

Thanks! It was fun and I want to do another. I would have never thought I would have been doing this last year at this time! It is crazy what a difference one year can make in your life!

Right now I love my band!

WTG Torky!! 10K is great! Enjoy your meeting with Michelle. Say hey for me.

Tap, hope the eye thing gets better soon. Ouch. :sad:

Busy day here doing nothing...not a good Sunday when both football and baseball are televised :eek:. Lots of sitting on my considerable behind...and snacking. Oh well. Gonna fire up the grill soon and do a pork tenderloin and eggplant. Wishing the dishes fairy would show up first. I think I'm out of clean forks again. Urgh. As I said, it's not a productive weekend. :tongue2: I didn't even get the pool today. No real reason why. Gorgeous weather...sunny...warm Water. Just lazy I guess...

Take care all and hope you all had great weekends. :wub:

Apple spice cake...last of the 3 baked goods for this weekend. DH loves the sound of my kitchenaid mixing! DH reluctantly gave half the cake to the tenants, but if I didn't make up the trays to share with the tenants, he would eat the whole thing...and as he has gained weight, that wouldn't be wise.

Just having an after dinner coffee then we are going to stroll (and I do mean a slow stroll - DH does NOT walk quickly nor see any reason to) to the river and feed the ducks.

Pooly - I know about not doing much...my weekend to-do list is absolutely clean - not one item crossed off! Makes for a hectic week, but that's the price I pay for being a slug.

Ktork - good for you on the 10K run. That's fabulous. Glad to hear that DS is ok...that must have been a very anxious time in the ER!

Lulu - sounds like a lovely weekend; it always sounds like you have a houseful of guests at any time, so yes, a chance to relax is warranted.

Catch you all later.

Tap~ Apple spice cake - yum! I made berry cobbler last night. My dad went huckleberry picking, so I mixed those with raspberries, blackberries and marionberries. Oh so good! Hope you have a good stroll - sounds relaxing!

Pooly~ I wish I had a lazy weekend. I love just hanging out and doing nothing - I'm always too busy once school starts!

Michelle and I met today. It was fun getting to put a face with the posts. We had a nice time at the park, even though it kept trying to rain. I think we might meet for dinner later this week before she heads home! Her DD is very cute and quite the daredevil!

I think it would be fun to get together and meet everyone! If y'all set a date let me know, I would love to come!

Morning. I really want to go back to sleep right now...

I did! My crusty one eye is now crusty 2 eyes, and so I said 'screw work', went back to bed, and am only now getting up. It seems to me my eye is getting MORE inflamed, not less, but I will give the course of antibiotics its full time to work.

And yes, it would be nice to meet the PJTP-ers, but I despair that a date will be set. Unfortunately, my vacation request for next year is due this month, and time's a-wastin!

Have a good day everyone; I will check in later.